“People say "It's heaven on earth"; I say "Nope..."”
Review of Kurumba Maldives

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vihamanafushi
Reviewed 9 May 2014

"More than that, it feels at home!"

When people travel for almost 2,500 miles to a secluded island for their first-time with a totally new culture (Muslim) and other tourists' diverse cultures, having a feeling at sweet home is a treasure.

As a journalist, I feel blessed to travel around quite a lot. While it is always exciting to experience new things, I draw to myself a conclusion: "The best part of the world to me is where I can be filled with simple joy and thrilled by new discoveries yet simultaneously stay me connected with a bigger family - playing together- a deeper sense of belonging."

The island-of-coconut Kurumba gave me that special affection - not only during my stay - but also when I'm now back home. I feel I've belonged to that land which has turned to my own soul-land from now on, whenever and wherever I go. I definitely want to come back.

And I keep talking about that wonderful coconut-white sand, the family-like treat and hospitality from every single staff (who I deem as my brothers and sisters) and the world-class 5 star service.

This indeed marvels me. I hope you feel the same.

God bless you all.
“I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move.”
Robert Louis Stevenson

Room Tip: Choose room in sea view to easily get access to the sea just like snap.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Kay V
Jason K, General Manager at Kurumba Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear Kay V,

Let me thank you for great review which definitely made my day. I am absolutely happy you felt like a part of one bigger family here in Kurumba. One way or another we all are doing same here – enjoying the pure simplicity of ocean, beach and sunny weather in a harmony with nature. And sincere hospitality is a part of it – to make you feel at home away from home.

We definitely hope to see you back sooner than later and it is a pleasure to realize you enjoyed your experience of discovering Maldives.

Warm sunny regards,
Jason,
Kurumba Maldives

Write a ReviewReviews (3,742)

Reviewed 8 May 2014

An exhilarating 15 Minute Speed Boat Ride and we arrived at Kurumba Maldives. The Service was fantastic, complemented by great food & splendid rooms located just a few steps away from the beach. The hotel was fully booked, however, the staff at Kurumba delivered exceptional standards of service to all guests .Special Thanks to Victoria, Muru & Morgan for going the extra mile and creating a memorable stay for us. We hope to visit again soon!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank N P

Dear N P,

What a kind review! You should see those smiles of Victoria, Morgan and Muru - they were extremely glad to read your comments. We all are happy you had exceptional stay and hope it was not your last visit of Maldives and our island.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

It was our first time to visit the Maldives and we were not disappointed the island is beautiful and the hotel could not have been better-from the attentive staff to our room which was no more than 5steps to the beach-a very memorable experience!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yazu2014

Dear Yazu2014,

It is a pleasure to know your first journey to Maldives was great and we are proud to be the first resort you visited. We hope with our help you learned more about Maldivian hospitality and had good time and in case if you decide to repeat this experience - you know we are always here for you.

Sunny regards,
Jason,

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Had never been to the Maldives before, unusually I didn't spend too long researching the different resorts, I liked the sound of Kurumba straight away, it fitted our budget so just booked it. On arrival everything was super smooth from pick up at airport, water taxi and check-in at hotel. Room was spacious and very comfortable and just one of the basic deluxe rooms. The sun loungers are numbered and you use the ones to match your room - fine if in a good location but ours were in the shade of a group of trees - but found it was not a problem to relocate them further up the beach for the week to a sunny spot which was ideal. Also liked the dapper morning sunshine by the pool. Loved the main bar - lots of great comfortable outdoor furniture, and live music most evenings. Food and drink were not as expensive as I had thought they would be and really amazing quality and choice of food. We ate somewhere different for the 7 nights and every meal was good. Especially liked the Italian, Indian and Grill. Nothing to complain about at all from service, atmosphere, entertainment, everything just great. Will visit again for sure. Only thing to mention is being so close to airport you do notice the big planes flying over - but this really didn't bother us at all.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Babyblackbird

Dear Babyblackbird,

Thank you for your nice and reasonable review.
I am certainly happy you enjoyed you holiday and glad to see service met your expectations. I hope sweet memories of your stay cheer you up better than morning coffee during busy working life when you are already back to reality. And as you can’t wait to go to Kurumba again we can hardly wait to welcome you back on the sunny island.

I understand your comment about numbered sun lounges, but to be true it is done for guests’ comfort as they can always be sure they will find vacant sunbeds in front of thier rooms– just a small thing to make holidays more relaxing – no need to worry about sun beds. And as you mentioned it can easily be moved to any other location if you are not satisfied with the current one. As people say “Trifle makes perfection and perfection is not a trifle”

We are looking forward to see you again in our resort.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

i've been traveling alot around the world but our stay at Kurumba maldives has been realy something else - an unbelieveable expirience
this place is perfect from the moment we arrived at the airport we felt as if we've gone to heaven.
the service and kindness of the staff (especialy Neffile and Hussin) is incredible.
the qulity and maintenance of the place is amazing, the food is delicious,
the spa is great, the rooms are beautiful very big and comfertable with free wifi
and of course the view and the place is just one of the most amazing places ive ever seen !!!

Room Tip: deluxe room (206) - very big and comfortable two steps from the beach
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shaerez

Dear Shaerez,

It is an honour to receive such a nice review from the well experienced traveler. I am sure your words will be cherished by all Kurumba’s family, but especially by Nafeel and Hussain.

Living in paradise I certainly understand your comments about amazing views – it is impossible ever get tired of those. It is a piece of heaven on the earth and I hope you will get another chance to visit it again.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Went there to celebrate my birthday & 3rd year wedding anniversary. My 3-days stay was wonderful! Got greeted by their friendly staffs and welcomed us with coconut ice cream. The breakfast, lunch & dinner there was great, and not to mention, the little touches they did to our room. All of them were friendly and helpful, which made my stay really memorable. In between our trips, we went for their excursions - Glass Boat Bottom and Sunset & Dolphin Discovery Cruise. It was fun-filled! Everything was perfect, nothing for me to complain about! Anyone going to Maldives reading this, I strongly recommend Kurumba Maldives. You will not regret!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank grace_yoong

Dear Grace,

Thank you for a review which brought a smile on my face. Simple and kind – just a perfect combination. I am glad you had memorable stay in our resort and I am impressed how many activates you managed to try during these three days – looks like busy fun-filled holiday! However I am sure you also had enough time for relaxation. Maldives is the best destination for that.

I hope you are having great time in Singapore and planning your next trip to paradise island already as we all will be happy to see you back.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at Kurumba for the first 2 nights of our honeymoon in March (the last 4 nights were at Lily Beach). This was our first trip to the Maldives. Kurumba wasn't even on the list of resorts we were considering at first since it doesn't have overwater villas ... something we were set on experiencing. However, the only flight that worked with our schedule landed in Male at 9:20 pm so we weren't going to be able to fly directly to Lily Beach since it requires a sea plane transfer (they don't fly at night). We didn't like the idea of spending the first night of our honeymoon at a hotel in Male so we started looking for resorts we could get to via speedboat. We did a bunch of research, read countless reviews and finally decided to stay 2 nights at Kurumba. Are we happy with our decision? Absolutely!

From when we landed in Male to when we had our feet in the sand at our Beachfront Deluxe Bungalow was less than an hour. It is so convenient. We arrived at night so we didn't get our first glance of the view until the next morning. Waking up and seeing that view ... wow! Breathtaking! The room was outstanding as well. Exceptionally clean, great layout, very comfortable bed, huge bathroom with big soaking tub and both an indoor and outdoor shower (so fun). Note the bathroom is open to the outside and not air conditioned ... it didn't bother us much but it's something to keep in mind. Also, you will see and hear some planes, there's quite a bit of boat traffic and you can see Male from certain parts of the island. We were worried it would take away from the whole private island experience but it really didn't. I guess it's easy to overlook things when you are in paradise!

The food was good and we loved that we were able to eat breakfast at Ocean Grill since we were staying in a Beachfront Deluxe Bungalow. We liked it much better than the buffet at Vihamana. Both the tiny Sand Bar and the much larger Beach Bar are great. The attention to detail is easy to see and the common areas of the resort are kept in pristine condition. The architectural design of the registration/welcome area, bars and restaurants is stunning. We thoroughly enjoyed our brief time at Kurumba and look forward to returning one day for a much longer stay!

Tip: If you are thinking about staying somewhere that requires a sea plane ride ... don't do it! It's not worth it. Sure, some of the views from the sea plane are nice but you're basically sitting in a tiny sauna with 15 strangers. Also, the limited operating hours can make for some long, unpleasant waits at the Male airport. Getting to the airport at 5:30 pm for an 11:30 pm departure is not a good way to end your honeymoon! We are definitely staying within a speedboat ride of Male the next time we return to the Maldives, possibly at Kurumba.

Room Tip: The Beachfront Deluxe Bungalows by the Sand Bar are in a perfect location.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jake B

Dear Jake B,

Thank you for your review and it seems you had great time! It is a pity you stayed just a couple of nights with us – so we did not get a chance to show you even more of service and care. Hopefully next time we will get this chance and definitely it is a good news you consider about a possibility of returning to Kurumba. We will be happy to tell you “Welcome back”.

I hope the rest of your honeymoon in Lily Beach was great and you had a safe trip to Orlando.

Kurumba Maldives

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vihamanafushi
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives
Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Mald...
#1 of 1 in Kandoomaafushi Island
#1 of 2 in Bandos
Velassaru Maldives
Velassaru Maldives
#1 of 1 in Velassaru Island

Been to Kurumba Maldives? Share your experiences!