Went here for my honeymoon for 6 nights and my experience in one word was - OUTSTANDING.
We landed in Male in heavy rains and the airport counter ppl very courteously led us to the speed-boat for transfer to the resort. I and my wife were highly impressed by the crew and the overall experience of the speed boat.
The check-in process was extremely efficient and the coconut ice-cream that we were offered at check-in was very tasty as well.
We had booked the deluxe bungalow and it was amazing. The room was a bit away from the sea which was perfect. The room was extremely clean, the amenities were perfect and the ambience was highly romantic. The complimentary bottle of wine was a good bonus too.
Regarding the food, we had gone for the full-board option so we always dined at Vihamana and we were never once dissapointed. The breakfast was amazing and in particular the pancakes used to be perfect. The lunch and dinner spreads were outstanding and the variety was indeed amazing to see. Hard to pinpoint a specific item since all 6 days all food was good but I particularly liked the shawarma and the mongolian counters they had on weekday lunches.
Overall resort was fabulous and well maintained. The beach chairs and the overall fun of being in clear blue waters was out of the world. In addition, the pier leading to the sea was perfect for romantic walks. The whole resort is one big piece of heaven and me and my wife couldnt have been more happier to be at this place.
The only downside was the number of lizards in the evening. It was a bit eeky seeing so many of them all over but its only a small minus in an overall amazing experience.
I look forward to visiting them again for my 5th wedding anniversary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kurumba is Maldives' very first resort. Located just 10-minutes from the airport with luxury speedboat transfers available 24 hours a day. Explore our vibrant house reef. Relaxing on the white sandy beach. Swimming in our protected crystal clear lagoon. Treat yourself to an exquisite Maldivian spa treatment. Be energized with the daily scheduled activities, watersports, excursions or scuba diving. Be inspired by the Maldives culture, local food, art and dance. Nine styles of accommodation are spread amongst the island's lush tropical gardens. Eight restaurants, three bars, Maldives best nightly entertainment scene, Kurumba is a perfect holiday destination. Kurumba is the Maldives in Full Colour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kurumba Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kurumba Maldives Hotel North Male Atoll
- Kurumba Maldives North Male Atoll
- Kurumba Hotel