“Romantic Honeymoon at its best due to Kurumba”
Review of Kurumba Maldives

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vihamanafushi
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
“Romantic Honeymoon at its best due to Kurumba”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Went here for my honeymoon for 6 nights and my experience in one word was - OUTSTANDING.

We landed in Male in heavy rains and the airport counter ppl very courteously led us to the speed-boat for transfer to the resort. I and my wife were highly impressed by the crew and the overall experience of the speed boat.

The check-in process was extremely efficient and the coconut ice-cream that we were offered at check-in was very tasty as well.

We had booked the deluxe bungalow and it was amazing. The room was a bit away from the sea which was perfect. The room was extremely clean, the amenities were perfect and the ambience was highly romantic. The complimentary bottle of wine was a good bonus too.

Regarding the food, we had gone for the full-board option so we always dined at Vihamana and we were never once dissapointed. The breakfast was amazing and in particular the pancakes used to be perfect. The lunch and dinner spreads were outstanding and the variety was indeed amazing to see. Hard to pinpoint a specific item since all 6 days all food was good but I particularly liked the shawarma and the mongolian counters they had on weekday lunches.

Overall resort was fabulous and well maintained. The beach chairs and the overall fun of being in clear blue waters was out of the world. In addition, the pier leading to the sea was perfect for romantic walks. The whole resort is one big piece of heaven and me and my wife couldnt have been more happier to be at this place.

The only downside was the number of lizards in the evening. It was a bit eeky seeing so many of them all over but its only a small minus in an overall amazing experience.

I look forward to visiting them again for my 5th wedding anniversary.

Room Tip: Choose deluxe bungalows that are slightly away from the beach (rooms 196-204) so as to avoid getting...
1 Thank adtelang
Jason K, General Manager at Kurumba Maldives, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear adtelang,

Many thanks for your “golden” review which is definitely one of the best I read. We are really proud to be “one big piece of heaven” as you mentioned and we are more than happy to share this heaven with our guests. I am glad your honeymoon experience was fabulous and we are flattered you are already planning to celebrate your 5th anniversary in our resort. Be sure we will not only keep the level of the service on the same level till that time, but will grow and develop our guests’ experiences on daily basis.

I also understand your concerned regarding some lizards and possibly geckos you can see time to time around the island. These reptiles are part of the limited wildlife in the Maldives, are harmless and to be true they are quite friendly and living their own reptiles’ life. Actually having geckos and these other lizards reduce other common pests. We really hope they did not bother your too much during your holiday.

We are looking forward to see you back to Kurumba for your anniversary and hope your journey back to India was safe and pleasant.

Sunny regards,
Kurumba Maldives

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (988)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were here for our 1st anniversary. The kind of service we got is unmatched. From start to end of the trip (about to end :( ) every thing was so nice that it is bit difficult to explain in words. So, come here and experience it !!!

The staffs were very decent and nice, we liked it the most. The room in which we stayed was also nice and was very near to seashore.
About excursion, sunset and dolphin finding and Male trip was good. The Sandback picnic was the best.... A different experience. Glass bottom boat was ok. Snorkelling will be also good. But, we didn't do. Of course these excursions are meant for people with different tastes. So, check your taste :) !!!!!.
You can play TT (Ping pong), LT and few more things here.
About food, we tried Indian food ( kurumba mahal) most of the time. It was good. Initially you will think food is expensive. But if you see the kind of effort required to make the food and quality of food being prepared then you realise the price is ok !!!!!
About water sports, it is bit expensive. But equipments were of good quality.

Overall, We loved kurumba!!!!! Come and have kurumbing !!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in 177. So, 176 178 will also be good.
2 Thank Ajit K
Dear Ajit k

Thank you so much for staying with us and posting this great review. Allow me to wish you happy belated anniversary once again and we are proud you shared this moment with us.

It is marvelously you experiences quite many of our excursions and we appreciate you gave such a positive feedback about these services. Definitely you are right it is the matter of taste which tour is going be the best for every single person, but to be true arranging our tours we are trying to make them comfortable for all people. What is the most important is to get enough information before the tour about it to have an idea if it is something you would like to do or not.

Thank you for highlighting our Indian restaurant in your review. Indian cuisine nowadays is like home cuisine here in Maldives – healthy and delicious – the best choice for any day.

Many thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you back soon.

Warm regards,
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We have had in May 2014 our first trip to Maldives and at Kurumba. I am not familiar with the 5-stars luxury resorts and cannot compare to any comparable place. However:
- management and staff:
the staff is brilliant. Roaming on the island is a pleasure just for the kind hellos from all of them.
the management (Jason and Viktoria) are very available and charming persons. They have a very kind attitude towards clients.
- rooms:
we had a deluxe room. They are perfect for such vacations. Do not expect the luxury of a palace but cleanliness, equipment and bathrooms are perfect. The rooms are cleaned twice a day if you desire and putting a small dolphin toy guarantees that the linens will be changed.
- services:
the spa is superb and the technicians are very qualified.
the recreation center provides nice free services.
- food:
the food is a bit overpriced but of good quality. Eating at the ocean grill above micro-sharks is a real delight.
- beaches and snorkeling:
the beaches are superb, white sand and transparent water. Unfortunately they suffer from the lack of environmental concern of some clients (it is likely to find garbage underwater);
snorkeling is very safe there. a band of circa 20 m beyond the barrier is available for superb underwater sight-seeing. Even during strong tide, safety is guaranteed. The variety of fishes and their size (you can see 60 cm parrot fishes almost on the beach) is a delight. I am not a good swimmer but I happened to snorkel during 1 or 2 hours and be amazed during each second.
- Conclusion: Kurumba cannot be forgotten.

1 Thank Philippe M
Dear Philippe M,

What a fantastic review! Can't thank you enough. You mentioned the attributes of which we are most proud – our staff, clearness of rooms, spiritual spa treatments, beauty of the beach and ocean. I really appreciate your comments and I am sure they will be really helpful for our future guests. For our team it was a honour to host you on our island and we are looking forward to get a new chance to greet you in Kurumba.

I certainly understand your environmental concern. We are well aware of the importance of this, and that is why we are trying to prevent this kind of pollutants and protect the environment. I am sure if you did our back of house tour, you would have seen our recycling plant which is arguably the best in the Maldives.

Once again thank you for your review.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 9 May 2014

"More than that, it feels at home!"

When people travel for almost 2,500 miles to a secluded island for their first-time with a totally new culture (Muslim) and other tourists' diverse cultures, having a feeling at sweet home is a treasure.

As a journalist, I feel blessed to travel around quite a lot. While it is always exciting to experience new things, I draw to myself a conclusion: "The best part of the world to me is where I can be filled with simple joy and thrilled by new discoveries yet simultaneously stay me connected with a bigger family - playing together- a deeper sense of belonging."

The island-of-coconut Kurumba gave me that special affection - not only during my stay - but also when I'm now back home. I feel I've belonged to that land which has turned to my own soul-land from now on, whenever and wherever I go. I definitely want to come back.

And I keep talking about that wonderful coconut-white sand, the family-like treat and hospitality from every single staff (who I deem as my brothers and sisters) and the world-class 5 star service.

This indeed marvels me. I hope you feel the same.

God bless you all.
“I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move.”
Robert Louis Stevenson

Room Tip: Choose room in sea view to easily get access to the sea just like snap.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Kay V
Dear Kay V,

Let me thank you for great review which definitely made my day. I am absolutely happy you felt like a part of one bigger family here in Kurumba. One way or another we all are doing same here – enjoying the pure simplicity of ocean, beach and sunny weather in a harmony with nature. And sincere hospitality is a part of it – to make you feel at home away from home.

We definitely hope to see you back sooner than later and it is a pleasure to realize you enjoyed your experience of discovering Maldives.

Warm sunny regards,
Jason,
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 8 May 2014

An exhilarating 15 Minute Speed Boat Ride and we arrived at Kurumba Maldives. The Service was fantastic, complemented by great food & splendid rooms located just a few steps away from the beach. The hotel was fully booked, however, the staff at Kurumba delivered exceptional standards of service to all guests .Special Thanks to Victoria, Muru & Morgan for going the extra mile and creating a memorable stay for us. We hope to visit again soon!!

3 Thank N P
Dear N P,

What a kind review! You should see those smiles of Victoria, Morgan and Muru - they were extremely glad to read your comments. We all are happy you had exceptional stay and hope it was not your last visit of Maldives and our island.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

It was our first time to visit the Maldives and we were not disappointed the island is beautiful and the hotel could not have been better-from the attentive staff to our room which was no more than 5steps to the beach-a very memorable experience!

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yazu2014
Dear Yazu2014,

It is a pleasure to know your first journey to Maldives was great and we are proud to be the first resort you visited. We hope with our help you learned more about Maldivian hospitality and had good time and in case if you decide to repeat this experience - you know we are always here for you.

Sunny regards,
Jason,
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Had never been to the Maldives before, unusually I didn't spend too long researching the different resorts, I liked the sound of Kurumba straight away, it fitted our budget so just booked it. On arrival everything was super smooth from pick up at airport, water taxi and check-in at hotel. Room was spacious and very comfortable and just one of the basic deluxe rooms. The sun loungers are numbered and you use the ones to match your room - fine if in a good location but ours were in the shade of a group of trees - but found it was not a problem to relocate them further up the beach for the week to a sunny spot which was ideal. Also liked the dapper morning sunshine by the pool. Loved the main bar - lots of great comfortable outdoor furniture, and live music most evenings. Food and drink were not as expensive as I had thought they would be and really amazing quality and choice of food. We ate somewhere different for the 7 nights and every meal was good. Especially liked the Italian, Indian and Grill. Nothing to complain about at all from service, atmosphere, entertainment, everything just great. Will visit again for sure. Only thing to mention is being so close to airport you do notice the big planes flying over - but this really didn't bother us at all.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Babyblackbird
Dear Babyblackbird,

Thank you for your nice and reasonable review.
I am certainly happy you enjoyed you holiday and glad to see service met your expectations. I hope sweet memories of your stay cheer you up better than morning coffee during busy working life when you are already back to reality. And as you can’t wait to go to Kurumba again we can hardly wait to welcome you back on the sunny island.

I understand your comment about numbered sun lounges, but to be true it is done for guests’ comfort as they can always be sure they will find vacant sunbeds in front of thier rooms– just a small thing to make holidays more relaxing – no need to worry about sun beds. And as you mentioned it can easily be moved to any other location if you are not satisfied with the current one. As people say “Trifle makes perfection and perfection is not a trifle”

We are looking forward to see you again in our resort.

Kurumba Maldives
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vihamanafushi
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
Velassaru Maldives
#1 of 1 in Velassaru Island
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,584 reviews
Anantara Veli Maldives Resort

Been to Kurumba Maldives? Share your experiences!