We have just returned from this wonderful island resort. We had just finished a week of diving on a live aboard boat and our stop over at Kurumba Maldives was a chance to rest before our long journey back home to South Africa. Our transfer from the airport island to Kurumba was first class. An air-conditioned, luxury speedboat with attentive staff, quickly welcomed us aboard with wet guest towels to wipe off the travel stickiness and a bottle of iced water.
Once on the island we were welcomed into the arrival reception for paperwork, with the usual cold face cloth and a sorbet treat, and advised on the procedure to get us settled into our rooms. We had arrived earlier than the rooms were ready, but we were welcomed to explore the facilities and to enjoy refreshments at one of their many restaurants. We would be found and advised as soon as our room was ready.
Every effort is made to make all most welcome on the island. From honeymooners to mobile impaired, family groups, couples or singles, all are well catered for.I believe that there are even chalets with their own swimming pools too! I loved the feeling of privacy you experience. The accommodations are beautifully positioned and are surrounded by well designed plantings that make you feel far away from your closest neighbour.
The rooms are most comfortable and I loved the special semi-open air en-suite. The complementary bottle of wine and the Kurumba bear was most thoughtful.
Everyday special excursions are arranged which, although we did not make use of these, for those who were to stay a little longer, it could be most helpful to get a more enriched experience of the Maldives.
The resort offers so much just on the island. All sorts of water sports are on offer and you can even learn how to snorkel and scuba dive. I overheard one lady booking swimming lessons to become a more confident snorkeler! The kiddies area is magnificent. Many creches would be envious of the set-up. The gym is very well equipped. There are tennis courts, table tennis tables and snooker tables round the resort. The swimming pool is beautifully designed and has plenty of lounging or seating available. Poolside catering was enjoyed by many.
There are plenty of tempting restaurants, some specialized restaurants were by booking only, but the general eating places offered a wide variety of excellent food, cooked to perfection and beautifully presented. Alcohol was available for those who enjoy a drink or two, even though alcohol is banned in other parts of the Maldives.
Most of our time was spent snorkeling in the area inside the protective tide wall round the island. Most rooms were a few steps away from the sea and we saw many of the same fish, rays and even baby sharks, that we had seen on scuba! Some corals are growing on rocks and structures in the sheltered waters too.
All meal times are lengthy so you can sleep in if you want to. The breakfasts are a feast and we actually didn't feel hungry during the lunchtime heat. A late lunch served us for supper too!
I particularly enjoyed the beauty of the orchid display and we wandered through the plant nursery too.
All the staff were friendly and helpful and went out of their way to make you feel special. The resort was kept beautifully clean and the rooms were immaculate.
We left the island feeling fully relaxed and appreciative for our short time of being treated like royalty.
I would love to return some day
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kurumba is Maldives' very first resort. Located just 10-minutes from the airport with luxury speedboat transfers available 24 hours a day. Explore our vibrant house reef. Relaxing on the white sandy beach. Swimming in our protected crystal clear lagoon. Treat yourself to an exquisite Maldivian spa treatment. Be energized with the daily scheduled activities, watersports, excursions or scuba diving. Be inspired by the Maldives culture, local food, art and dance. Nine styles of accommodation are spread amongst the island's lush tropical gardens. Eight restaurants, four bars, Maldives best nightly entertainment scene. Kurumba is a perfect holiday destination. Kurumba is the Maldives in Full Colour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Destinology, Booking.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Kurumba Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kurumba Maldives Hotel North Male Atoll
- Kurumba Maldives North Male Atoll
- Kurumba Hotel