Just returned from our honeymoon in Kurumba which followed on from a 4 night stay at a 5 star resort in Dubai. We were staying in a deluxe pool villa and were greeted at the island by all the management staff which was a lovely touch. We were then taken in a buggy to our room to check in which was also very nice and meant we could start enjoying out honeymoon straight away!
Our room was beautiful; being the humid season it was so handy having a swimming pool out your back door! There were maybe a few items that were a little tired, like the rug in the seating area which had a few stains on it but the rest of the room made up for that! The boy who cleaned our room was also lovely, so friendly and always did a great job.
We asked to be on the side of the island that faced the airport as that is where the majority of restaurants and bars are so we wanted to be close to them. The noise from the planes is barely noticeable and I quite liked watching them coming in to land and taking off!
We were all inclusive and being in a deluxe pool villa we ate in the Kurumba Cafe at breakfast which was a mix of table service and buffet and was fantastic. The food was great, me and my husband had the same thing every morning - eggs benedict and the ocean grill which is their version of a fry up! The staff were so welcoming and attentive.
We also ate in each of the a la carte restaurants and the buffet restaurant and our favourite was definitely Ming Court, had a great selection of food and well worth the extra money.
Unfortunately, there were a couple of downsides to what was an otherwise perfect stay. Bar the staff in the Kurumba Cafe, the majority were very inattentive. It normally took a long time to get drinks no matter where you were, the problem being that the a la carte restaurants get their drinks from the main bar and when you are only ordering one drink at a time you can end up waiting 20mins in between drinks. There seemed to be a lot of standing about and chatting, it also seemed that if you were polite and said please and thank you waited longer for things than the people who moaned and were loud.
The setting is perfect, the room was amazing and the food delicious but I just don't think the staff are up to the standards of other 5 star resorts that I have been to which is a shame because for the money we paid it would probably put me off going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kurumba is Maldives' very first resort. Located just 10-minutes from the airport with luxury speedboat transfers available 24 hours a day. Explore our vibrant house reef. Relaxing on the white sandy beach. Swimming in our protected crystal clear lagoon. Treat yourself to an exquisite Maldivian spa treatment. Be energized with the daily scheduled activities, watersports, excursions or scuba diving. Be inspired by the Maldives culture, local food, art and dance. Nine styles of accommodation are spread amongst the island's lush tropical gardens. Eight restaurants, three bars, Maldives best nightly entertainment scene, Kurumba is a perfect holiday destination. Kurumba is the Maldives in Full Colour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Ebookers, TravelUp, Priceline, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kurumba Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kurumba Maldives Hotel North Male Atoll
- Kurumba Maldives North Male Atoll
- Kurumba Hotel