We booked this resort after a bit of research and good reviews on TA.
Landed at Male airport and were met by Kuoni and taken to a boat which then transported us to the resort. 10 minutes fast boat ride.
The accommodation was a detached room 15m from the sea with AC, minibar, loads of room, outside shower, veranda, V comfy bed, safe, and anything else you could want. Very clean and comfortable.
The resort is great. Staff are all very friendly and appear to genuinely want you to enjoy your stay.
We opted for the all inclusive dine around option as there are quite a few different restaurants. All were very good. Some options are at a premium price even on all inclusive but nothing was too expensive.
One of the options that my partner chose was the 'movie on the beach' but there are some renovations to the resort and we were advised that this was not possible due to the rebuilding work. She was disappointed but to their credit the resort actually put on a private screening for us - astonishingly good service.
I celebrated my 50th at the resort and we started in the hamakaze restaurant which was excellent. We ended up in the night club with Moses and the chefs and some other guests - it was amazing if a little vague towards the end of the evening due to a little overindulgence on the champagne. A very memorable birthday celebration. When we got back to the room it had all been decorated for my birthday as well - amazing.
There are water sports, scuba and snorkelling with lessons and trips out.
Partner had a few spa treatments which she said were very good.
We did the dolphin and sunset trip which was good fun and the glass bottomed boat which was a bit choppy but interesting. It rained a few times but it was mostly sunshine and 30 degrees.
Overall an amazing holiday and we came home completely relaxed and chilled.
Special mention to Moses, the chefs from the Hamakaze and the young chap who serviced room 195 and did the amazing birthday decorations and to whoever sorted out the movie on the beach.
I definitely recommend this place. Thanks Kurumba
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kurumba is Maldives' very first resort. Located just 10-minutes from the airport with luxury speedboat transfers available 24 hours a day. Explore our vibrant house reef. Relaxing on the white sandy beach. Swimming in our protected crystal clear lagoon. Treat yourself to an exquisite Maldivian spa treatment. Be energized with the daily scheduled activities, watersports, excursions or scuba diving. Be inspired by the Maldives culture, local food, art and dance. Nine styles of accommodation are spread amongst the island's lush tropical gardens. Eight restaurants, three bars, Maldives best nightly entertainment scene, Kurumba is a perfect holiday destination. Kurumba is the Maldives in Full Colour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kurumba Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kurumba Maldives Hotel North Male Atoll
- Kurumba Maldives North Male Atoll
- Kurumba Hotel