“Fantastic 10 day break”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vihamanafushi
NW UK
“Fantastic 10 day break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

We booked this resort after a bit of research and good reviews on TA.

Landed at Male airport and were met by Kuoni and taken to a boat which then transported us to the resort. 10 minutes fast boat ride.

The accommodation was a detached room 15m from the sea with AC, minibar, loads of room, outside shower, veranda, V comfy bed, safe, and anything else you could want. Very clean and comfortable.

The resort is great. Staff are all very friendly and appear to genuinely want you to enjoy your stay.

We opted for the all inclusive dine around option as there are quite a few different restaurants. All were very good. Some options are at a premium price even on all inclusive but nothing was too expensive.

One of the options that my partner chose was the 'movie on the beach' but there are some renovations to the resort and we were advised that this was not possible due to the rebuilding work. She was disappointed but to their credit the resort actually put on a private screening for us - astonishingly good service.

I celebrated my 50th at the resort and we started in the hamakaze restaurant which was excellent. We ended up in the night club with Moses and the chefs and some other guests - it was amazing if a little vague towards the end of the evening due to a little overindulgence on the champagne. A very memorable birthday celebration. When we got back to the room it had all been decorated for my birthday as well - amazing.

There are water sports, scuba and snorkelling with lessons and trips out.

Partner had a few spa treatments which she said were very good.

We did the dolphin and sunset trip which was good fun and the glass bottomed boat which was a bit choppy but interesting. It rained a few times but it was mostly sunshine and 30 degrees.

Overall an amazing holiday and we came home completely relaxed and chilled.

Special mention to Moses, the chefs from the Hamakaze and the young chap who serviced room 195 and did the amazing birthday decorations and to whoever sorted out the movie on the beach.

I definitely recommend this place. Thanks Kurumba

Room Tip: Go for a detached chalet with easy beach access.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jason K, General Manager at Kurumba Maldives, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Peter,

Thank you for such a beautiful review. Particularly special as you have completed 150 other trip advisor reviews. Hence, I am very glad to read that your vacation went well. Thank you for your comment about Moses and he is truly a delightful team member.

The Sunset and Dolphin Discovery Cruise is a must do while staying in Maldives and I am glad you tried it out along with other experiences. A little of spa treatments and beautiful nature around definitely made a contribution in overall experience.

I am happy during your stay you received personalized service from the team such as arranging private movie under stars experience for you only. To be true we do not have this entertainment in our schedule anymore and we do not advertise it on our website. It was changed for another night activity a few months back. As we have guests from all around the worlds and sometimes they do not speak English we decided to provide musical entertainment, which is enjoyable for all.

It is a pleasure to know you had a beautiful stay in our resort and we hope to see you back to the island one day.

Kurumba Maldives

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (976)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Nashik, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Me and my wife stayed here for 4nights and 5days from may31-4 June for a Small get away, the get away was so serene that coming back to reality makes us sad. The stay could not be any more comfortable, the staff were friendly and always ready to help. The room cleanliness was impeccable, the food was excellent, resort planning and design is simple and beautiful.

We have absolutely no complains about the stay. I had a dietary restriction due to medical condition which I had conveyed to the resort before my arrival and they took care of it with a smile and warmth. Be it breakfast buffet or dining at any of the restaurant, we need not worry about my dietary constraints, they (restaurant management) took care of it all, I just had to tell my room number and everything fell in place.
Food at kurumba mahal and la cucina is a must when you visit here. Breakfast has a vast array of cuisine to choose from.

Best in class hospitality, beautiful room and hotel planning, warm and friendly staff and the rest was taken care by nature.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jason K, General Manager at Kurumba Maldives, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear chetandaga,

What an amazing review which brought a smile to my face! Thank you for commenting our services and your stay in a very positive way. I am sure your kind feedback will inspire other people for small getaways. Sometimes it is so important to have a chance to escape from the reality and refresh your thoughts. We love our guests and I am sure all our team members are sharing their smiles all around sincerely because they enjoy what they do. I have no doubts for our team if was a pleasure to take care of you and your wife and they will be even more exsited if you visit us again.

Have a beautiful day back to India.

Sunny regards,

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I took over a month to search and finalize a destination for my honeymoon. I searched numerous resorts in Maldives and came across Kurumba. The reviews and pictures seemed very enticing to me and I finalized Kurumba after endless comparisons with all resorts in Maldives. Tell you what, I dont have an iota of regret in choosing this heavenly place after staying there for a week (26-31 May 2014)!!!!!!

For starters, the entry into the island was "royal" to be frank. The hotel team welcomed us into the Kurumba seaboat which was awesome to say the least. The journey to the resort took about 7 minutes from Male airport. We were welcomed by Sajid at the resort, who navigated us through the splendid resort, which was a treat to the eyes. Each sight was jaw dropping to say the least. Our room was a deluxe room which again was in splendid condition, luxurious would be the apt word to describe it.

The next week went in exploring the island , enjoying the fantastic views that nature had to offer. The water was crystal clear, not a spot in the sky. To add to this, greenery everywhere ensured we had loads of snaps to click :). One more thing was the most polite and helpful staff I have ever met which makes the experience even more fantastic. There are multiple activities/excursions out of which I found Dolphin cruise really awesome (Must do !!!)

Suggestion : It would be great if there were bicycles arranged for guests to explore your wonderful resort.

Good points : Too many of them, cannot fit in this review. Its a no-brainer, Kurumba is an awesome place. Go for it unless you get a free stay at any other resort !!!

Not-so-good points : (1) Food wasnt the best as it catered to European style frankly. There is an Indian hotel which has excellent food but a bit too costly for daily dinner/lunch.
(2) The very fact that we had to return to Mumbai after a week wasnt the most happy thing during our stay :).

Summary : 5 stars to this resort. Must go !!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Beach facing Deluxe rooms are a must..............Waking up with the beach in sight is an awesome fe...
1 Thank Nikhil N
Dear Nikhil,

Thank you for taking the time to write this amazing review. Maldives is one of the best honeymoon destinations and it was a right choice to visit this part of the world. My sincere congratulations on your marriage.

I am very happy you enjoyed your holiday starting from the welcome up to the farewell and it is a pleasure to realize that Sajid and all team members with all their efforts, friendliness and help created enjoyable experience for you. Nature, activities, our service and care – all in one to make your stay memorable.

Thank you for your suggestion regarding bicycles. To be fair our island is not that big and a lot of bicycles around the island will destroy relaxing and quite atmosphere of the resort. We do not want to keep walkways busy with a lot of transports and our purpose is to allow guests to enjoy slow and peaceful walks with someone they love through green groves of the resort. When you are in Maldives you can forget about busy and quick life – all your days are only about relaxation from the sunrise till the sky full of stars.

Regarding food in our resort, I would like to mention that we are taking care of guests of all nationalities. We have international cuisines as we want all to enjoy. For this reason we can’t have only Indian or Maldivian food. We offer variaty of restarant for everyone to be able to choose best options for them.

Once again let me mention I am very happy you had a great holiday and I hope your trip back to India was perfect.

Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I returned to Kurumba for my fourth visit at the end of last year and once again had an absolutely fantastic stay! There were a number of refurbishments that they had completed since my last visit and this just improved the general feel of the resort (although I never had any complaints before).

I visited with my husband, Mother & Father, 15 month old daughter, and was four months pregnant with my second child. I was weary of going on an All Inclusive family whilst not only having my daughter, but expecting my second baby, however this did not affect my stay at all. The staff were once again amazing, and did everything they could to ensure we all had everything we needed, and were especially great and meeting my daughter's demanding feeding needs!

We stayed in a Family Pool Villa once again, which I feel is definitely the best option with small children. When my daughter wasn't down enjoying the lagoon and the sand, she was in our private pool at the back of the villa. Her swimming skills had definitely improved vastly by the end of our stay! The last time that we stayed, the Family Villas were only just finished being upgraded, and therefore this time there were a lot more finishing touches done and it really did feel like a home from home.

The bar staff were fabulous at ensuring that I wasn't missing out on one of the best parts of a holiday to the Maldives....the Cocktails! Not only was there a great choice of non-alcoholic mocktails on the menu, but they were also fantastic at rustling up something new for me on occasion. Although it has to be said, the Virgin Mojito was definitely a favourite....and my daughter agreed! :)

The food was still as amazing as ever, and the new layout of the restaurants gave more opportunity to eat outside when the weather allowed....something I always love on holidays in the sun! My daughter was going through a "challenging" eating phase, but the staff did all they could to ensure that she got everything that she needed.

They were refurbishing the guest shop whilst we were there, and increasing the size by quite a bit. I was discussing the refurb with the staff and it sounds like they will have a fabulous shop available now that the works will be done.

The excursions never fail to amaze me, and even although we had done the Dolphin Cruise on previous visits...it is certainly not a trip that would ever get boring. And once again, the crew were fabulous at keeping my daughter entertained.

I really enjoy visiting Kurumba, and always feel that it is great value for money and delivers a truly memorable stay. I look forward to visiting again soon with my new son...... as soon as I can save the pennies for the flights!!

Thanks again Kurumba for a truly magnificent stay! :)

Room Tip: For families.....Family Pool Villas are a must! :)
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Jason K, General Manager at Kurumba Maldives, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear RaeMcH,

Thank you again for such a great review. It is a pleasure to get comments from our friends - guests who have been to Kurumba several times. Your each and every visit is a special award for us as we do understand how much you trust our services and every time it is a great responsibility and pleasure to be above expectations.

I am happy and proud of your daughter for improving her swimming skills. I hope she really enjoyed her holiday and will keep beautiful memories of her personal little success.

Thank you for your positive feedback about our restaurants and bars. We will definitely surprise you for your next visit with some beautiful changes in our restaurants conception which are coming soon. We can’t wait to see your happy smiles! To be true it is our passion to give more experiences to guests each and every time. Our island is vibrant and we are prooving it.

Also it is a pleasure to realize our staff took good care of you and whole family and helped you to enjoy your fourth stay with us. I hope the fifth one is also coming soon – we will be delightful to welcome you back to Kurumba.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Prompt receiving of me/spouse in airport. Speedboat to island is in good condition and friendly boatman. Upon arrival, reception was done by friendly staff in an aircon room with the nice touch of coconut icecream. Check in staff who process the bilss though seems to be not with a friendly face that needs to be improved. this is the same when doing check out. And pretty slow while doing their work.
Room is good, very decent size for superior room including shower area. Shower area should have a fan or something , as it gets hot during the day. In the room, it will be nice if it can be equipped with in room slippers that is not the same as the white one worn outdoors. Impressed with 2 times room cleaning. Recreation club is decent though not fantastic, but I realise the volleyball area is not maintained. Tennis court is nice touch but not used. Gym is good. Pool in the main area should be clean better daily. I don't actually seen it clean during my stay. Residue of leaves and sand in the pool. Service staff not frequently seen in pool area, hence, most of the time, I have to walk into the restaurant to order drinks and call for bill. Food wise, I am on Fullboard, dine around All inclusive. This is a better deal if you have all 3 meals and drinks. Though feedback on restaurant is as follow - Main restaurant, breakfast spread is not too bad though can be better for a 5 star standard. Lunch buffet is normal. Ming court - is a typical Non Chinese cooked Chinese restaurant - so don't have high hope if you are an Asian. Peking duck is bad to be honest. Japanese food is nice area, the cook is friendly and nice touches done during cooking. Though food quality could have been better. Over price unless you on DIAI. Laundry is free for me on 25 pcs. Though a bad experience is Washed folded laundry was return to my room in the same laundry bag I sent out in the morning. snorkelling is not fantastic considering if you have been to other resorts. The only place maybe you can snorkel is in front of room 180. Rest of the place, you can forget about it. And you can only see proper fish if you swim over the breakwater, else nothing much within the shoreline. Though the free snorkel equip is a nice touch. Dolphin sunset tour is excellent and the staff is nice during the tour. The bar in the evening is good, though more could be done to advertise their Kalhul bar in which I find the Karaoke is a fantastic idea, but under utilised. kurumba café lunch is good especially the lobster bisque. though more variety of main course will be better for DIAI guest.
overall, I would not say Kurumba is very fantastic, but still, its a nice place for a relaxing stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mb1802003
Dear MB,

I appreciate your review, however to be honest I feel disappointed you did not enjoy some of our services. Be sure I will definitely look in into areas which can be improved. However allow me also to disagree with a couple of your conclusions.

We do have a nice house reef in our resort and for the purpose to show guest the best snorkeling areas we offer them complimentary guides snorkeling house reef tours from our recreation center several times a week. I am sure if you tried it out you would see more areas to get a beautiful snorkeling experience on our island. It is highly recommended for all our guests. Regarding the sport center activities like tennis we do consider that tennis courts are good facilities and to be fear they are in use quite a lot early in the morning or late in the afternoon closer to sunset time as in the middle of the day it is not easy to do sports in hot tropical climate.

Regarding the pool cleaners our staff takes care of the area on daily basis and however in might happen you will see some sand on the deck during pick hours of pool use – the beach is just a few steps away from the pool. Anyway I will check with the team regarding yoru comment to make sure we provide the best level of service to our guests. Thank you for bringing my attention to this.

I feel sorry you also did not enjoy a couple of food and beverage items provided, however I am glad you gave a positive comment on others. We do have many different cusines in the resort to make every evening different and special for our guests and most of dishes are prepared with a special Maldivian touch – they might be a bit different from those you can get in the country of origin, but at the same time we offer to our guests more expereinces to try.

Please be sure I will personally check areas you mentioned to make sure that experience of our guests will be improved. Thank you for your feedback and I hope in general your vacation on the sunny island was pleasant.

Chandigarh, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed on island for 4 days n 5 nights. Starting from our arrival at airport we were received by kurumba people with smile , they helped us to reach the resort through speed boats. we were given a warm welcome at entrance / reception of kurumba by the staff. Club car took us to our beach delux room , room n washroom were very clean equipped with all modern facilities. All the staff was serving with a smile on face all the time . We took Male's tour as our complimentary excursion , local guide helped us to see Male. Sea water was so clear to see the bottom of sea. SUN , SAND ( WHITE) & SEA alongwith sea planes was giving island a perfect view and the place to relax n unwind from hectic life styles. We had our best vacations ever. A trip to remember .. Thanx Kurumba..

1 Thank SHIVESH407
Jason K, General Manager at Kurumba Maldives, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Shivesh,

Thank you for perfect review. I am extremely excited you had the best vacation ever on our island. These comments are certainly cherished by our team and serve as an inspiration for the future. We proud of our service in Kurumba and we always do our best to go above and beyond. I am glad our team made your stay memorable one and you enjoyed your short break in the middle of Indian ocean. I hope sweet memories of relaxing days, sunshine and clear lagoon water in Kurumba will act as a tonic on you during every day busy life. I have no doubts all our team will be delightful to welcome you back to Kurumba one day.

Sunny regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Brilliant hotel with outstanding service, extremely friendly staff members. in a divine location. Located just 10-15 minutes away by speedboat from Male & the airport. The water is crystal clear that allows us to see the bottom of the sea. They have lots to offer in water sports…. it was also well appreciated that the hotel gave out snorkeling equipment to every guest for free for the entire duration of your stay. . Definitely a trip to remember...thank you Kurumba for an amazing holiday! We hope to come back soon to experience more of KURUMBA!

Room Tip: My room near the beach was calm & quiet - a paradise on earth.
1 Thank Sheba W
Dear Sheba W,

Thanks for a beautiful review about our resort and I am happy you had a brilliant stay with us. I am extremely satisfied you got best memories of your holiday in Kurumba and looking forward to greet you back to the island. It is great that you had an active vacation enjoying the watersports activities. When the ocean is just in a few steps from the room it is the best option to do – to enjoy it in the every possible way. Thank you for taking time write your comment about our facilities and your experience is important for our future guests.

I hope to see you back soon!

Warms regards,
Kurumba Maldives
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vihamanafushi
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
Velassaru Maldives
#1 of 1 in Velassaru Island
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,570 reviews
Anantara Veli Maldives Resort

Been to Kurumba Maldives? Share your experiences!