“Best holiday ever!”
Review of Kurumba Maldives

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vihamanafushi
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have never written a review before but having just got back from kurumba I wanted to let everyone know how amazing it was!!! My husband and I went on honeymoon with our 18 month daughter. We booked the private villa with jacuzzi and it was perfect. Really spacious, massive bed, beautiful bathroom and a lovely outdoor jacuzzi. The room was cleaned really well every day and they even put special honeymoon flowers on our bed one night.
We had our own little porch it at the front of the villa and we were right on the beach too which was beautiful. So picturesque and peaceful.
We booked a dine around all inclusive, I would definitely recommend this as there are 8 different restaurants that you can use with this option whereas just all inclusive is much more limited. Every single restaurant we went to was amazing, the food was stunning. Everything looked and tasted delicious and was what I would call a fancy meal! The breakfast menu itself was amazing - with options such as vodka cured salmon and corn fritters with smashed avocado. The attention to detail and presentation was fantastic! The service was absolutely amazing too, everyone was so friendly and helpful. Everyone loved our daughter and made a special effort to interact with her and make sure she had everything she needed. Hamakaze is definitely worth a visit - a teppanyaki restaurant set over the water and you canwatch the sharks swimming next to you as you eat (non-dangerous).
We used the babysitting service so we could go out for some meals in the evening by ourselves, this too was a fantastic service. We had met the person who would be baby sitting earlier at the kids club and they put me at ease and I felt very comfortable going out and leaving our daughter with the babysitter.
I went to the spa and had some treatments too, it was an absolutely stunning place and the massage and facial I had were just wonderful.
I would recommend kurumba to everyone, a lovely, relaxing, child-friendly, luxurious, delicious food and drink filled place!!

Room Tip: Make sure you get beach front
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jason K, General Manager at Kurumba Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Hannah,

Thanks you for a very beautiful review about Kurumba and it is hard to believe it is your first one – it is written so well! It is certainly a great pleasure to realize we have inspired you to write your first review about your holiday. We are glad that enjoyed the service and I am happy all your experiences were just perfect, full of joy for everyone, including your little princess.

I can’t disagree Dine Around All Inclusive is just amazing meal plan with a lot of options to offer. I am sure your comment will be also helpful for our future guests, who are considering about it.

I got a lot of pleasure to read your family had the best holiday ever in Kurumba Maldives.

Kurumba Maldives

Write a ReviewReviews (3,735)

Reviewed 10 June 2014

As soon as we landed on the airport,we were treated wonderfully from the cordinator to the boatman.And after we took a short boat ride to the resort,about 10 mins from Male,they got their staff,miss Selvi Tan,to attend to us.Through my emails with her,she help me arrange a surprise for both my wife(our 8th Wedding Anniversary)and my 6th year old daughter birthday.Throughout our stay at the resort,we see happy faces from all their staffs and all the other guests everwhere.The food was of high quality,and we spent most of our meals at the international buffet restaurant.The beaches are beautiful and you can see some baby sharks,sharks,turtles,exotic fishes and exotic birds there.We throughly enjoy our time there and thank you to all the staffs there,from the restaurants;Anwar,Double H,Mausoom.The beach bar;Upul and his team.And lastly,Million thanks to miss Selvi Tan for being so patience,attentive to my family,in spite of her busy schedule.and making us feel at home.In fact,we were so captivated by our stay there that we extended from 5 days to 8 days.My wife and myself are already making plans to go there again next year to celebrate our wedding anniversary as well as my daughter birthday.We are truly in love with this resort and will recommend it to anyone planning to go Maldives and are not sure which resort to go.

Room Tip: Beach view is a must!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear James,

Thank you for such a lovely review. I enjoyed reading it immensely as I am sure our team will. Well, what made me extremely happy is that you extended your stay for more days after trying our services. I am very glad our team and especially Selvi, Anwar, HH, Mausoom and Upul took good care of you and made you feel welcomed on our family island, helped you with all special arrangements as well as with regular services. Please reast assured you feedback will be passed onto the whole team. We all will be happy to greet you back to Kurumba next year and be sure we will make you stay even more memorable and exciting.

I hope you enjoyed your trip back to Singapore.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We were in the hotel for our honeymoon after searching through the internet. The facility is certainly well located. Staff is very friendship, helpful and smiling. All excursions that we have had were great. I suggest sandbank picnic and sunseet&dolphin views to everyone. Plus snorkelling is perfect. Water sports department quite enough for fun. I strongly suggest the Kurumba Maldives to everyone and especially couples. Just be sure about you budget during your accommodation. I can say that food prices are considerably high. Otherwise, enjoy the Maldives at Kurumba.. :)

Room Tip: I suggest superrior rooms for the couples between room#120-140. Nice beach and sea, close to water s...
1  Thank Alper S

Dear Alper,

Thank you for leaving your feedback about our services. I hope your stay in our resort was full of joy and it is a pleasure to read your honeymoon went well. It is true that the Sandbank picnic and Sunset & Dolphin discovery cruise are in the list of activities which must be tried, as they are very relaxing experiences with a pinch of adventure and a lot of fun time. Thank you for giving a positive comment of those.

I hope sunny days back at home will remind you happy moments of your honeymoon in our resort.

Best regards,

Reviewed 8 June 2014

My wife and I recently spent five days at the resort as a getaway relaxing alone time. We rented a Beachfront Deluxe Bungalow and it was excellent, with the sea just steps away.
The resort itself was very well organised and clean with very friendly and knowledgeable staff
This place is ideal if you want to just relax but also if you are interested in water sports or tours.
We chose it because it was close to Male Island and the half day visit was worth while.
The food was excellent but the only thing that disappointed us a little was the lack of halal food which restricted our choice. being a Muslim country and considering the number of Muslim guests I saw, there could perhaps be room for provision of halal food. Would definitely use this resort again.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the beachfront bungalow. There are different levels of beach front accommodation to suit...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jason K, General Manager at Kurumba Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Charles,

Thanks for nice comments about our resort. It is a pleasure for me personally as well as for our team to read such review like yours. Sounds like you had a lot of good time and relaxation and obviously it is the best to do in Maldives. I sincerely appreciate you would like to recommend our place to other travelers and it is an honor to know you would come once again to us.

Regarding the halal food, we do provide different options as we have guests of different nationalities and religions. However most dishes can be cooked in the halal way on request. We are quite flexible when it is about food references and always take them into account.

I am glad that despite of this your stay was pretty much beautiful and hope the trip back to Singapore was easy and safe.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We spent 4 nights here with our 13 year old and 2 year old. The hotel is really lovely and the rooms are nice. The beds are nice and soft and the linens are good quality. Our room was the Garden Pool Villa which had a small pool and outdoor shower which was fun. There are a lot of restaurants to choose from and the food is really good.- we did the all inclusive which was good because we could order what ever we liked and did not eat the local buffet. My daughters ordered about 12 bowls of the coconut ice cream! The beach is really nice and all around the island. There was free snorkeling equipment and there was lot of fish, coral, sharks, sting rays, etc to see. The wall around the island kept the waves calm so it was easy snorkeling.

The kids club is a bit basic and could be elaborated on. We forgot a stroller and wish we had brough one because there is a fair amount of walking and our 2 year old got tired, especially after playing in the sun.

The staff here are very friendly and seem to enjoy working/living on the island, they are from all over the world. The boat from the airport was also excellent and was located right across the street from the airport, it was even airconditioned. I highly recommend this resort for relaxing vacation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Good evening,

That is a great review with a lot of positive recognition! Allow me to say thank you and I am sure the team will be delighted when they read this. That is a pleasure you had a great family stay in Kurumba Maldives. By the way have you managed to learn the meaning of the word “Kurumba”? If you need a hint think about the flavor of the ice-cream your daughters were enjoying so much.

Regarding the stroller which you forgot to bring I feel sorry you never asked for one at reception. We do provide a baby stroller on request made upon arrival or sometimes even in prior to arrival as we know it is not easy sometimes to walk all around with the baby. However in saying this, we have just ordered 3 more for future cases such as this.

I hope all your family I looking forward to return to our coconut island to enjoy one more relaxation vacation.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We booked this resort after a bit of research and good reviews on TA.

Landed at Male airport and were met by Kuoni and taken to a boat which then transported us to the resort. 10 minutes fast boat ride.

The accommodation was a detached room 15m from the sea with AC, minibar, loads of room, outside shower, veranda, V comfy bed, safe, and anything else you could want. Very clean and comfortable.

The resort is great. Staff are all very friendly and appear to genuinely want you to enjoy your stay.

We opted for the all inclusive dine around option as there are quite a few different restaurants. All were very good. Some options are at a premium price even on all inclusive but nothing was too expensive.

One of the options that my partner chose was the 'movie on the beach' but there are some renovations to the resort and we were advised that this was not possible due to the rebuilding work. She was disappointed but to their credit the resort actually put on a private screening for us - astonishingly good service.

I celebrated my 50th at the resort and we started in the hamakaze restaurant which was excellent. We ended up in the night club with Moses and the chefs and some other guests - it was amazing if a little vague towards the end of the evening due to a little overindulgence on the champagne. A very memorable birthday celebration. When we got back to the room it had all been decorated for my birthday as well - amazing.

There are water sports, scuba and snorkelling with lessons and trips out.

Partner had a few spa treatments which she said were very good.

We did the dolphin and sunset trip which was good fun and the glass bottomed boat which was a bit choppy but interesting. It rained a few times but it was mostly sunshine and 30 degrees.

Overall an amazing holiday and we came home completely relaxed and chilled.

Special mention to Moses, the chefs from the Hamakaze and the young chap who serviced room 195 and did the amazing birthday decorations and to whoever sorted out the movie on the beach.

I definitely recommend this place. Thanks Kurumba

Room Tip: Go for a detached chalet with easy beach access.

Dear Peter,

Thank you for such a beautiful review. Particularly special as you have completed 150 other trip advisor reviews. Hence, I am very glad to read that your vacation went well. Thank you for your comment about Moses and he is truly a delightful team member.

The Sunset and Dolphin Discovery Cruise is a must do while staying in Maldives and I am glad you tried it out along with other experiences. A little of spa treatments and beautiful nature around definitely made a contribution in overall experience.

I am happy during your stay you received personalized service from the team such as arranging private movie under stars experience for you only. To be true we do not have this entertainment in our schedule anymore and we do not advertise it on our website. It was changed for another night activity a few months back. As we have guests from all around the worlds and sometimes they do not speak English we decided to provide musical entertainment, which is enjoyable for all.

It is a pleasure to know you had a beautiful stay in our resort and we hope to see you back to the island one day.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Me and my wife stayed here for 4nights and 5days from may31-4 June for a Small get away, the get away was so serene that coming back to reality makes us sad. The stay could not be any more comfortable, the staff were friendly and always ready to help. The room cleanliness was impeccable, the food was excellent, resort planning and design is simple and beautiful.

We have absolutely no complains about the stay. I had a dietary restriction due to medical condition which I had conveyed to the resort before my arrival and they took care of it with a smile and warmth. Be it breakfast buffet or dining at any of the restaurant, we need not worry about my dietary constraints, they (restaurant management) took care of it all, I just had to tell my room number and everything fell in place.
Food at kurumba mahal and la cucina is a must when you visit here. Breakfast has a vast array of cuisine to choose from.

Best in class hospitality, beautiful room and hotel planning, warm and friendly staff and the rest was taken care by nature.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jason K, General Manager at Kurumba Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear chetandaga,

What an amazing review which brought a smile to my face! Thank you for commenting our services and your stay in a very positive way. I am sure your kind feedback will inspire other people for small getaways. Sometimes it is so important to have a chance to escape from the reality and refresh your thoughts. We love our guests and I am sure all our team members are sharing their smiles all around sincerely because they enjoy what they do. I have no doubts for our team if was a pleasure to take care of you and your wife and they will be even more exsited if you visit us again.

Have a beautiful day back to India.

Kurumba Maldives

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vihamanafushi
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives
Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Mald...
#1 of 1 in Kandoomaafushi Island
#1 of 2 in Bandos
Velassaru Maldives
Velassaru Maldives
#1 of 1 in Velassaru Island

Been to Kurumba Maldives? Share your experiences!