“An amazing and fantastic place”
Review of Kurumba Maldives

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vihamanafushi
Reviewed 15 June 2014

It was my first trip to Maldives, and I fell in love with Kurumba almost immediately. The beach was only a few steps’ walk from our room, and it’s just heavenly to relax on the sunlounger while enjoying the stunning sea view and cooling breeze in the early morning. One thing that struck me was the great warmth and friendliness of the staff; they really made us feel very welcome. A well-maintained resort with plenty of activities to do. Food was excellent, and the service professional and efficient. I would like to thank all the staff in Kurumba for making our stay such an enjoyable and unforgettable one. Special mention goes to Glenn’s team at Majaa Recreation, where I first learnt how to snorkel. I’m grateful to Ridyat for his help and very reassuring guidance during my snorkelling safari; it was fun!. There’s also Dhoona who treated us with great hospitality each time we dined at Vihamana – she took the effort to find how our stay had been, answered all our questions with great patience and shared with us things about the local Maldivian life which I would not have been able to read from books. Upul too was very friendly and we learnt a lot about the growing of plants and flowers from him. I believe it’s little things like these that added a very warm and personal touch to our stay. Did I mention that Kurumba has an in-house waste management and water recycling system? It was an eye-opener finding out more about what goes on behind the scenes – I was very impressed. Thank you Kurumba, for the wonderful time!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank shirley1359
Jason K, General Manager at Kurumba Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Shirley,

Thank you for your beautiful review. I should say it is a pleasure to know that our guests are interested not only in relaxation, but also in immersion in local culture, learning more about Maldivian people and island maintaining. This is just great! I appreciate you mentioned about our in-house waste management and water recycling system. To tell you the truth we are really proud of it as protection of environmental surroundings is the relevant topic for small island like ours.

Thank you for recognizing our team members like Glenn, Riyaz, Upul and Dhoona. I am sure your words will fill them with enthusiasm and give more energy for new achievements.
Well, that is pretty good you really enjoyed your first acquaintance with Maldives and I hope you are full of interest to experience our beautiful island again in the future.

Kurumba Maldives

Write a ReviewReviews (3,793)

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Was a little apprehensive on arrival. The resort is under the flight path for Male (great if you have small children and geeky engineering type husbands, an interruption from total escapism for the rest of us), and Male can be seen as a blot on the otherwise perfect landscape. However it turned out to be a wonderful resort.
The film under the stars night which was a major factor in choosing this particular resort, we found on arrival, was no longer offered. Following gentle persuasion from the Kuroni rep Freedie, the staff rallied to make it happen. They even provided a member of staff who stayed with us to bring drinks from the bar when required, which my husband felt compiled to keep him busy.
The resort was clean, well designed and beautiful, but it was the staff that really made it great.

Room Tip: Make sure your room doesn't face Male. The ones further back from the sea are more private.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Julie,

I am extremely glad that despite of your apprehensive spirit on arrival your vacation went pretty well and relaxing. On the other hand just after flight landing and clearing through customs within 10 minutes speed boat ride (which is also available 24 hours) without losing any extra minute of vacation one can find himself in the paradise on earth. And that is pretty convenient – the holiday starts right away.

I am glad our team went extra mile for your to arrange a special activity you expected (even if we do not have it anymore in our schedule). The satisfaction of clients is the major factor we can measure our success with, and every time receiving letters of thanks we do understand that what we do – it is right. Thank you for inspiring us.

Hope your journey back to United Kingdom was pleasant and hope to see you again in our resort.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This resort has the most happy people working for it so no wonder me and my husband felt the warmth and true hospitality of the place the moment we were picked up from the airport last February 20. We never had to wait for anything, the staff knew how to entertain us or provide us with ice cream or a drink if they still had to do some things for us. One time at the reception area there was no need to ask, he already knew. And I didn't meet their general manager personally but all the Filipino staff I met had nothing but praises for him. So I'm writing this review now to let him know that he is very much appreciated and that it's a wonderful feeling as a guest to be pampered with skilled, talented and most importantly, happy people. The family in Kurumba really makes it a special place to be on vacation.

Room Tip: If you love the beach which is why I went to Maldives then stay close to it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Foodandtravelcrazy

Dear Foodandtravelcrazy,

Wow, that a great review! It is a pleasure for me to receive your personal appeal to thank to our team. I am happy to share with you that your words of praise are pleasing my eyes.

I am proud that our team consist of friendly and talented professional and they cared about you very well during your stay. No doubts I will spread your feedback over the whole island to give a pleasure for a while to our team members. For sure they will be sincerely inspired knowing that guests are calling them the “best staff ever”.

Thank you for staying with us and finding a minute to write your comments. I hope to welcome you back to Kurumba once day.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Hey families with small kids, if you're looking into the Maldives, this is the perfect place for you. I've been there with a 2 and half and an 8 months old and it was perfect. Friendly people, great food (try the specific restaurants), calm ocean, havenly sand, comfortable rooms, you have everything. Have a great time!

• Stayed: April 2014
5  Thank Bulfinschi
Jason K, General Manager at Kurumba Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear Bulfinschi,

Thank you for the great comments. I have no doubts it will be great help to parents, who are looking for the resort which can offer a relaxing and quite stay with children with all facilities required.
I am happy your family enjoyed the holiday. I should mention I am totally in love with your profile picture (those cute little faces) and it was a pleasure to host you and your children in Kurumba – I just know how much our team members love kids and playing with them and it brings a smile on my face.

Once again thank you for leaving your feedback on Trip Advisor and we all hope to greet your family again on our island.

Best regards,

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Definitely top 5 vacations ever visited. Amazing hospitable, good value for money, scenic beauty, family oriented vacation. Happy hours for guys, recreation center for kids, Spa for ladies. Great rooms, open bathrooms. Very liberating and nice experience

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Shaiilyka,

Thank for a great review and we are proud to be on the top of the list of best vacations you have ever had. I am glad our hospitality helped your family to enjoy the stay and experience Maldives.

We are very happy your holiday was lovely and you found entertainment for each and every family member. I hope to see you back to the resort very soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Kurumba was the first resort in Maldives island, was impressed by the very well maintained in all areas! for those who have serious travel sick like me , Kurumba is definitely the best choice as the traveling time by speedboat is only 10mins from Male airport. Most importantly, extremely warm and friendly staffs here make us felt like we are at our own home. Looking forward for the water villa to be completed building in 2015:)

• Stayed: May 2014
Jason K, General Manager at Kurumba Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Fennysmile,

Thank you for a sweet review. I am happy your stay with us was enjoyable and easy – just a quick jump into paradise after your flight. For us it is a pleasure to deliver above and beyond service for our guests. I just would like to add that currently we are not looking at water villas for our resort, but we do have our Ocean Grill upgrade project in progress to create a signature restaurant.

Again, thank you of taking the time to write such an amazing reviews and we do hope to welcome you back one day soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have never written a review before but having just got back from kurumba I wanted to let everyone know how amazing it was!!! My husband and I went on honeymoon with our 18 month daughter. We booked the private villa with jacuzzi and it was perfect. Really spacious, massive bed, beautiful bathroom and a lovely outdoor jacuzzi. The room was cleaned really well every day and they even put special honeymoon flowers on our bed one night.
We had our own little porch it at the front of the villa and we were right on the beach too which was beautiful. So picturesque and peaceful.
We booked a dine around all inclusive, I would definitely recommend this as there are 8 different restaurants that you can use with this option whereas just all inclusive is much more limited. Every single restaurant we went to was amazing, the food was stunning. Everything looked and tasted delicious and was what I would call a fancy meal! The breakfast menu itself was amazing - with options such as vodka cured salmon and corn fritters with smashed avocado. The attention to detail and presentation was fantastic! The service was absolutely amazing too, everyone was so friendly and helpful. Everyone loved our daughter and made a special effort to interact with her and make sure she had everything she needed. Hamakaze is definitely worth a visit - a teppanyaki restaurant set over the water and you canwatch the sharks swimming next to you as you eat (non-dangerous).
We used the babysitting service so we could go out for some meals in the evening by ourselves, this too was a fantastic service. We had met the person who would be baby sitting earlier at the kids club and they put me at ease and I felt very comfortable going out and leaving our daughter with the babysitter.
I went to the spa and had some treatments too, it was an absolutely stunning place and the massage and facial I had were just wonderful.
I would recommend kurumba to everyone, a lovely, relaxing, child-friendly, luxurious, delicious food and drink filled place!!

Room Tip: Make sure you get beach front
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Hannah,

Thanks you for a very beautiful review about Kurumba and it is hard to believe it is your first one – it is written so well! It is certainly a great pleasure to realize we have inspired you to write your first review about your holiday. We are glad that enjoyed the service and I am happy all your experiences were just perfect, full of joy for everyone, including your little princess.

I can’t disagree Dine Around All Inclusive is just amazing meal plan with a lot of options to offer. I am sure your comment will be also helpful for our future guests, who are considering about it.

I got a lot of pleasure to read your family had the best holiday ever in Kurumba Maldives.

Kurumba Maldives

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vihamanafushi
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives
Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Mald...
#1 of 1 in Kandoomaafushi Island
#1 of 2 in Bandos
Velassaru Maldives
Velassaru Maldives
#1 of 1 in Velassaru Island

Been to Kurumba Maldives? Share your experiences!