“Amazing Service”
Review of Kurumba Maldives

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vihamanafushi
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Me and my BF celebrated our birthday in Maldives and picked Kurumba to stay since its near to the airport and the reasonable price of the rooms.

The trip is hassle free and the resort people were nice and amazing.

We were surprised on the cake and the bed set up on our room, considering we did not tell them our birthdays.

However, i just felt bad since the sandbank picnic is not available everyday and for the duration of our stay, there's no schedule for the sandbank picnic.

We also find the food is over priced, i guess this is normal among all the resorts in Maldives.

Our room is amazing, we booked the private villa with jacuzzi and we are amazed how huge it was. The bathroom is huge, the bathtub can fit two persons. Although, they need to put more lights on the room as it seems dark during the night.

Since we stayed in the private villa, there's complimentary drinks at the sandbar from 5pm to 7pm everyday, which we took advantage of it. Its really a good spot to watch the sunset and relax before dinner.

Overall our stay is good and almost perfect. We will come back and make sure we will stay longer.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jason K, General Manager at Kurumba Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Good morning Maria,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am glad that you liked the extra small touches and surprises that we did you.

In terms of the sand bank picnic, this is scheduled on Monday's and Thursdays and is communicated via the daily newsletter, the excursions sheet that you receive on arrival and in the Magazine in Full Colour which is in the room. We also have posters advertising these near Nala Boutique in reception. From time to time these will be cancelled due to poor weather conditions.

Thank you again for your time and I am certainly glad that you enjoyed your birthday here at Kurumba. Hope that you had a safe trip back to Singapore and we would be delighted to welcome you back.

Kurumba Maldives

Write a ReviewReviews (3,742)

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Having visited Kurumba in July 2013, we could not wait to return. Arriving after 24 hours of travel all the way from New Zealand, we were welcomed like old friends and shown directly to our room. It was like coming home.

Of course the accommodation was outstanding, the food was great and the service exceptional. What makes Kurumba so special to us, however, are the people.

My husband could not wait to make his way to the dive center where he was greeted by Momo, Karlis and Roman. Momo and Karlis were both at the center in 2013, which again, made everything so much easier. They are great guys, always happy to share a laugh yet extremely thorough and careful when it is time to get into the water. Roman also took my 9 year old son for a introductory dive which was as much enjoyed by my boy as my husband, snorkeling above them taking photos!!!!

Our morning breakfast was made very special by an amazing Rafiqul!!!!! He was so very kind to both our children and after a few days had their omelette order ready by the time they got to the station. Even my husband and I were treated to the special service after a while, always with a smile!!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!! We will remember this as a highlight as it was such a great way to start each day.

We were very pleased to yet again have Moosa Mohamed looking after us in our villa. He did a fantastic job in 2013, and yet again this year. He took real pride in ensuring our every need was met, rain or shine. He got to know our routine really quickly and fitted his work around us. Thank you Moosa, we really appreciated your hard work and warm smile.

There was also the very amazing staff member who every now and again would clean a coconut for myself and the kids early in the morning, right on the deck of our villa 185. The coconut water is amazing especially on a hot day and we all enjoyed and appreciated his skill. We also loved the gentleman who crafted a bird out of leaves!!!!! The staff all have great skills and take such pride in sharing this with the visitors.

Of course we must mention the absolutely fantastic kids club. My children, 7 and 9, loved it as much this year as they did last year. The staff are all warm friendly and really care about the kids. The program is fantastic and it was great to see that there were changes from last year. The pizza making and cookie baking was definitely a highlight!!!! There is nothing nicer for a mum then being able to relax, knowing her kids are in good hands. Of course, knowing the kids are taken care off, I was able to venture into the spa on more than one occasion. I had a facial, pedicure and a massage. All the services were exceptional and left me feeling rejuvenated and completely relaxed. Thank you ladies!!!!

Lastly I must mention the high level of responsibility Kurumba shows in taking care of the environment. I was blown away by the behind the scenes tour. The creativity with which resources are used to the maximum is a lesson for all of us.

So yes, we had another fantastic holiday and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TheaKilian

Dear TheaKillan,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It is delightful to read that you enjoyed your second stay even more that the first and noticed the continual improvements. The back of house tour is highly recommended and we do enjoy showing our guests the inner workings of a resort. It certainly puts many things into perspective.

Appreciate that you have highlighted Momo, Roman, Karlis, Moosa and the kids club team. I am sure your review will put a smile on their face.

I hope that you had a pleasant trip back to NZ and we do hope to welcome you back one day soon.

Maldivian regards,

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

It has not been a week that passed since my visit I haven't remembered this trip!!! It was the best trip in my life!! I have traveled between Europe, Asia, and the US and I must say that this is the best resort and best location I ever went to. From the arrival at Male, you are well received by an amazing group of people who take you on a very elegant yacht.. We got an upgrade and we were over the moon!!! The people who work there from the hotel reception and the workers and cleaners are the sweetest team you will ever meet. You walk around this amazing island while ur feet is always in the waters... The calmness of the place makes u never want to forget the peace u had there.. True serenity.. I came to the maldives to relax and I truly did... Walking on the island people make crafts from the trees.. Ali and Nurul Islam made a range of crafts from flower bouquets to boxes and birds.. A truly memorable moments that I brought back with me.. The night life is outstanding... The club plays your all time favorite songs which I kept singing along... As If they knew my favorite songs... The people there will know u by name and always greet u with a smile and welcome u to the resort... Yoga on the beach was the best yoga I ever had... Made me totally relaxed.. After which we started the water games and snorkeling with the sports center available... Truly a remarkable place and my sister and I decided we will make this our yearly relaxation spot!!! Thank u thank u thank u!!!! We luuuuuv u kurumba!!

• Stayed: February 2014

Good morning Aisha,

You have made my morning and it is delightful to read that you had the most amazing holiday. From the luxury boat arrival through to your departure.

Thank you for highlighting the extras from Ali and Narul who do go out of their way to make some special touches for our guests. I will ensure that this feedback is passed onto the team.

We certainly hope to welcome you back one day soon and I hope that you had a pleasant trip back to Bahrain.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We went to Maldives to celebrate our anniversary....and Kurumba was just the perfect place to spend the 5 days in Maldives...The food is amazing specially the buffet meals. The staffs are very welcoming and smiling. The resort had lots of activities and we never realized how the 5 days went by. Thanks a lots for such a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Good morning Sneha,

We greatly appreciate that you have taken the time to write a complimentary review. It is delightful to read that you enjoyed your anniversary. I will pass on your feedback to the chefs and it is good to know that you made the most of the activities that Majaa Recreation put on offer.

Again, thank you

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I really loved this resort
I felt like I'm in heaven
Lovely room 219
The food is amazing ,specialy the breakfast ..
They have a good sport center
Tennis court, 7 restaurants
Qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq1qqqq1qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq1111111

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Alanoud,

Thank you of retaking the time to write your review and we are delighted that you had a wonderful time. In fact we have 8 restaurants plus 24 hour rooms service and glad that you appreciated these.

We hope that you had a safe tip home.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My bf and I were careful to pick the right resort for our first trip to the Maldives, as we knew we'd be stuck on the island for 5 days. Kurumba was perfect for us!

Right from when we landed and were picked up in a nice speedboat with cold towels and water, to reception where the Kurumba staff shared all the activities we could look forward to - it was perfection. We LOVED the deluxe bungalow which was a few steps away from the blue ocean, as well as the bathroom amenities which were made out of coconut base (which made our skin and hair shine).

The Kurumba staff were all friendly, with our hostess at the Vihamana giving us tips on making the best masala tea (two teaspoons of masala tea and 1 teaspoon of English breakfast tea for colour), to our guide during the sandbank picnic sharing his adventurous lifestyle with us - we felt at home and did not want to leave after 5 days. Even the staff who help us to freshen our rooms up (like ninjas, they did it twice a day without us noticing) were friendly when we chatted.

I also loved the Veli spa. I had the coconut hair oil treatment, which left my hair soft and smooth. Also, we tried to book the "Spa Under the Stars" couples treatment but the staff called us in the late afternoon to say that it won't be enjoyable as it was going to be too windy with a chance of rain - this is remarkable and proves that Kurumba puts us first instead of profits. We chose the traditional massage with hot sand treatment - which made our skin feel so good after being in the sea for so long.

The best part of it was that my bf told them it was my birthday. From the birthday wishes at breakfast, to a special arrangement and cake at dinner (we dined at Duo, amazing scallop dish!). The staff at Duo also arranged to send the personalized cake to our room as we were too full after having their yummy tiramisu. The Kurumba team also created a lovely "Happy Birthday" design on our bed <3

The resort itself has lots of activities, and we snorkelled, enjoyed the spa, the beautiful views at Sunset Bar, had a sandbank picnic and enjoyed the live performances each night. I was a newbie at snorkelling and it was nice of them to have free snorkelling lessons and guides for us.

The food was excellent - the south indian curries and idlis really tasted like my moms' home cooked food. We were spoilt for choice each day, and I was impressed that they had exotic dishes like Vietnamese noodles as well (my bf is Vietnamese-French and even he said it was yummy!).

My bf and I have made a promise to come back once a year - and I'm already looking forward to our next trip! Thanks Kurumba for making my 30th birthday so special :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LinaMarican

Dear Lina,

Wow and you have certainly put a smile on my face. It is always a pleasure to read that our efforts in creating an amazing guest journey have succeeded.

You have certainly made the most of your birthday and it is always a pleasure to service gracious and grateful guests.

The Spa under the stars is a fabulous ritual and really is something spectacular to treat yourself and your partner to something special. I am glad that you enjoyed all of the activities on offer as our Majaa Recreation team put much effort into creating a daily program for our guest.

Again, thank you and please feel free to contact me directly when you are looking to return.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

What can we say, from Arrival to Departure a wonderful holiday, even though holidaying during the monsoon period, little rain apart from one day out of ten. The reception was excellent well prepared for our arrival, although we arrived early, our Beach front Bungalow was ready. The free facilities as advertised on the website matched up to what was in the bungalow. The array of restaurants on Kurumba, if you are on Dine -Around are excellent and the food and beverages superb.A short hop by boat from the airport in a luxury boat with cooling towels and cold drink was more than welcome. White sandy beaches, shallow blue lagoon with their resident rays and baby reef sharks, with a perfect reef surrounding the island, what more can you ask for.

This is why this resort is so popular - the vast array of facilities and choice of food available differentiates Kurumba from any other beach holiday, and if you need a lesson in humbleness and good manners, look no further than the staff and management team, they make you feel as though there is no one more important than you.
Thank you, Jason, Victoria, Mussa, Ahktar, Mueed, Mega and Soudha for a memorable holiday.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with OIT Hotels
2  Thank Sandy417

Dear Sandy,

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review and we do love to read wen our guest have greatly enjoyed their stay. It is certainly our intention to go above and beyond for pour guest and we care very much about the service we deliver.

Thank you for highlighting Victoria, Moosa, Aktar, Mega and Souda and they truly are gems. I am sure they will be delighted to read your review and as you know, positive recognition certainly inspires our team.

I hope that you had a wonderful trip back to Cyprus and we do hope to welcome you back one day soon.

Kurumba Maldives

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vihamanafushi
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives
Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Mald...
#1 of 1 in Kandoomaafushi Island
#1 of 2 in Bandos
Velassaru Maldives
Velassaru Maldives
#1 of 1 in Velassaru Island

Been to Kurumba Maldives? Share your experiences!