“Our first trip together to paradise....!! An amazing trip :)” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kurumba Maldives

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vihamanafushi
Doha, Qatar
“Our first trip together to paradise....!! An amazing trip :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

What can we say? My husband and I are all smiles. Guys! Pack your cameras......the view is just mesmerizing!! :)

Let me start off with our journey to Kurumba Maldives. We travelled on the last week of July for 4 nights.

Prior given instructions through emails, after our immigration clearance at the Male International Airport, we were guided to Gate No. 4 where we met the Kurumba Maldives representative.
We had to wait for a couple of minutes until the other passengers to kurumba also arrived, patiently awaiting for our boat ride to the resort. After our count was taken, we were then guided outside the airport to our beauty ride - the Kurumba yacht :) We were amazed by the hospitality of the kurumba staff. Inside the boat, the staff took good care of us. Welcomed us with cold towels and cold water bottles to make us feel refreshed from our tiring journey. Felt really great!! :)

The sea view was amazing. So many different islands, boats big and small and sea planes...and finally we reached our destination within 15 minutes. A warm welcome from the kurumba family :) We were then escorted to the reception room, where we were again given cold towels and a cup of coconut ice cream :) yum!! The staff at the reception took care our all our paper works and also gave us an understanding of the whole resort and its facilities. All we had to do was sign the form.

We reached early morning around 7.40 AM, way before our check-in time (2:00 PM) and was worried if our room was not ready. But we were given the great news that it was! :) They said our luggage already reached our rooms before we did!!

Riding on one of their buggies, a quick stroll around the island... finally we reached our room. Our Deluxe Room, No.238!! Ohh... it was a small beauty from outside. It was like our second home. The rooms on this part of the resort was especially for honeymooners, because it has direct access to the beach and the view was just mind blowing!!! So serene and calm.... They opened the door for us...and WOW!! This villa was truly beautiful.

Our very own bed decorated with flowers that read "HAPPY HONEYMOON" with a bottle of wine by its side. We were also given a complimentary 3 course candle light dinner for one of the nights. And that felt amazing! Such a sweet gesture from the kurumba staff :)

The room had all the facilities that we could ask for. A big screen LCD TV, 2 umbrellas, 2 beach sandals, 2 kurumba wrist bands which I wore throughout my stay, a safe box to lock your personal belongings, air conditioning, iron table and an iron box, laundry bag, snorkelling bag, life jackets, minibar, a 3 pin plug, hair dryers, bathrobes, towels, beach towels, toiletries like shampoo, conditioner, showering gel and many more....all that we could think of except for toothbrushes and toothpaste. That was OKAY! ;)

The mini bar was refilled with tea/coffee sachets, small milk cartons and water bottles. Yes! The water bottle here is free unlike on some other islands :)

The resort also has a big swimming pool, a musical band (Wood band) that plays during the nights at the Beach Bar, a snooker table, a play area for kids at the Majaa Recreation, spa, tennis/badminton court, gym, water sports centre, an on-island doctor and a boutique for clothes, gifts and other accessories.

The room was well cleaned and the beds made twice daily, morning and evening. There were almost 10 restaurants including bars out of which we tried almost 7 of them. We went for the "All Inclusive Dine Around" package (whole amount for 4 nights paid in prior) which had a complimentary breakfast on all days, lunch and dinner at any al-carte restaurant around the resort including drinks. This package also had a discount on spa and one free excursion.
The package was worth it for our stay because we could have as much food and drinks as we want and every time, we signed a ZERO bill which was great!! **laughs** :) The food at all these restaurants were to die for!! It was really yummy & awesome!! Especially the Crumbed Prawns and Fish n' chips at the Cafe. The breakfast buffet at the Vihamana Restaurant had few varieties every day.

My favourite drink was the Virgin Passion fruit Mojito which I had from almost all restaurants. I had like 15 of them. It was such a refreshing drink! My husband still laughs at me for having so much but ahh……… I truly loved it! :D

The candle light dinner at the Thila restaurant was amazing. We were thoroughly kept entertained by Mr.Tholaal, a gem of a person who brought us all smiles :) Thank you Chef!
We opted for 3 excursion trips due to our short trip at the resort. The Sunset & Dolphin cruise, Male Tour & a Glass Bottom Boat tour. The breath taking sunset view and the spinner dolphins was a treat to our eyes.

There were guides with us on each tour and would make us feel comfortable throughout the trips.

The Signature Massage at the Veli Spa was amazing. Both of us really enjoyed the much needed massage :)

On our last day at the resort, we met a staff from our native, Mr.Sudeep working at the Sand Bar. It was a great pleasure to meet him and have a chat with him making us feel at homeland :)
When we wanted to take a break from our stroll around the island, we would grab a cup of coffee from our room, lay down on our OWN beach beds and feel amazed & relaxed watching the sunset.

We would also reach out for the beach for swimming or snorkelling. There were even baby white sharks :) but we were told that they would not bite. Thank God for that!!
The rains on the island was so beautiful....It rained only once during our stay in the morning but within minutes the sun came out bright and shinning.

The hospitality of the staff blew us away. Each and every staff spoke so well and would welcome us where ever we were with so much kindness and also made us feel comfortable throughout our stay.

We really missed being with the kurumba family. All we can say is, it was truly a worth stay at the resort!!!! :)

Few names we could think of...Ibrahim/Selvi/Aisha/Tholaal/Sudeep/Our Male tour guides Mr. Azeem and Mr. Faud and many more......this list includes all the staff at kurumba :)
Thank you so much Kurumba Maldives for providing me and my husband a beautiful stay at your resort !! :)

Here are few pictures to give a feel of how our stay was at the island :)

Room Tip: 1. Rooms nearer to the beach are awesome for honeymooners. e.g Room No. 238 2. Snorkeling kit is fr...
3 Thank Teena T
Jason K, General Manager at Kurumba Maldives, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Teena,

Thank you for your golden review and our team is jubilant you felt like in the true paradise during your stay. Maldives is one of the best destinations for honeymooners and it is a pleasure you chose our resort for the special holiday.

It was terrific to learn you were satisfied with the room and all facilities as well as with all amenities provided… except toothbrushes. As a beach resort, we generally focus more on beach amenities and items suitable for a resort rather than what you would find in a normal corporate hotel. All you needed is just to give us a call to inform about your need and it would be done shortly. Regarding the room – it is impossible disagree Deluxe Rooms have one of the best locations on the island – just in front of spacious beach and the best house reef. This is a small but very cozy accommodation but very few children.

Regarding our night entertainment we have a different one every evening. The Woods play only once a week, and the rest of nights are filled in with sounds of some other bands and musicians or even DJs. In general it looks like you kept your schedule pretty busy with activities and experiences.! I really hope you got a lot of positive impressions which will warm you up for many year or better till our next meeting in Kurumba.

As well thank you for highlighting our team members as Ibrahim, Selvi, Aisha, Tholaal, Sudeep and others. I will personally share with them your feedback.

Kurumba Maldives

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (960)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

My wife and I spent 3 nights in mid July at Kurumba. This resort is one of the best value for money resorts across Maldives. One of the best parts about Kurumba is that it is really close to the Male airport - your speedboat reaches in 10-15 minutes. No hassles - they receive you at the airport and drop your bags in a boat. In our case, we reached in the middle of the night and yet had the a good reception from the Kurumba staff. Another great thing about Kurumba is that it has a free evening drinks social most nights- alcohol costs can add up and so this helps you conserve. Since we were celebrating our anniversary, they decorated the bed with petals, got us a bottle of wine on the house as well as a cake in the evening - made the trip very special. Also if you are into snorkeling, they have a snorkeling safari where they take you snorkeling at 3 different spots and I have to say that this is one of the best snorkeling experiences I have had and I have snorkeled in many parts of the world. The beaches are great and the beach bar is great too. Here is what they did on Sunday evening - they had a free wine tasting event in water! They set up tables with wine bottles and chillers in the ocean and you go in there with swim suit or whatever clothing in waist deep water and sip on three different types of wine. Lastly one night at the cafe they served us a wrong dish by mistake and quickly got us our originally ordered dish with the other dish free of charge - very nice service! If I had to nitpick, here are few things that they can still improve: a) Indian restaurant is quite average to slightly below average. b) Since it is very near the airport, you can see many ships, buildings, etc from Male from certain points in the resort. Everything else is perfect and I would recommend this place to best of my friends/families.

Room Tip: Our room was 179 - it was very quiet and facing the beach.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Apurva D
Dear Apurva,

Thank you for reviewing our resort. We are very glad that you enjoyed many of our small touches and value adds we do like to keep these as pleasant surpasses for our guests. Our main intention is to serve our guests with a creative guests experience.

I have to agree that our Advanced Snorkeling safari is an amazing trip for experienced snorkelers. It gives an opportunity to see 3 different reefs and lots of fish and marine creatures. One can hardly find a better opportunity to see so much of Maldivian underwater life during a couple of hours. To be true we are proud to have one of the best selections of activities / excursions / watersports/ night entertainment and dining options. What we know for sure – the person who wants to have more than just a relaxing stay – would be difficult to ever be bored in Kurumba.

We all are looking forward to welcome you back to our resort.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Best holiday we have ever been on - this place is amazing, idylic, beautiful and stress free. The arrival - 10 minutes by boat from airport then into your room within minutes for a week of luxury, definitely the quickest transfer we have ever had. We opted for deluxe beach villa room which was worth every penny the view onto our own piece of beach with our own two sunbeds was truly unforgettable. Champagne breakfast each morning with a la carte menu - was superb. We decided on the 'dine all around' option and for us worked great as the food at each restaurant (apart from indian and arabic we didn't try) was the best we've eaten and living in Dubai we have relatively high standards for the food but it was certainly top notch - every night was better than one before! Great selection of cocktails and waiters are so helpful, unfortunately I can't remember names but all were of an impeccable service. Rooms where cleaned twice daily to a very high standard. Thank you for a wonderful silver wedding anniversary week - we will definitely be back.

3 Thank colholly
Dear Colholly,

I would like to thank you for taking time to write a feedback about our resort and please allow me to congratulate you with Silver anniversary. It flatters us a lot that you decided to share this moment with our family. I am glad your holiday went well and you enjoyed every minute of it starting from the quick airport transfer to the property till the departure. I agree being on holiday no everyone wants to spend valuable time of short vacation for a long and tiring transfer to the resort. That is why we are always happy to offer easy and fast access to Kurumba with transfers available all day and night long.

I am certainly glad our team took a good care of you helping to make right choices and serving you well. We are truly passionate about service and guests like you inspire us for new achievements every day.

I hope your trip back to Dubai was pleasing and safe.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

If you're looking to do some fun-filled activities AND relax by the water then this Resort is right for you. It was our FIRST TIME in Maldives (my husband and I), and we were looking for a resort that combined the things we were looking to do during this trip: water sports and relax and read on the beach. With this resort, we were able to enjoy both.

We just returned from our 4 night stay in Kurumba. I must stay we are very pleased with our choice of Resort. I don't have another Resort to compare to, however from our recent experience, we truly enjoyed our time in Kurumba.

The staff at the Water Sports Center in Kurumba were extremely friendly. We went jet skiing (aka water scooter) at 4:15pm and we were able to see the Dolphins!! (They told us that was the best time to catch them, and sure enough we saw a bunch of them around us). There are only two jet skis, my husband and I were on one and the water sports employee (Ayesh) was on the other. That was their policy, we weren't able to have our own, but that's ok. You were in the middle of the ocean, and there are so many islands around, you probably wouldn't be able to get back to your resort alone anyway. Plus Ayesh showed us the way to see the dolphins. I highly recommend you take a jet ski (if you're able to) to see the dolphins, if you want to see them up close.

The food was great! The restaurants were good, we liked a couple more than others (Japanese and Italian are our top two favs). We just wished they were open for more hours (the restaurants open at 7pm). There is a cafe that is open all day, and the in-villa dining available, so you won't starve. But it would have been nice for the restaurants to be open during the day.

We played tennis, went parasailing (a must!!), jet skiing, snorkeling! I'm not a very good swimmer and I was hesitant to go snorkeling, but after the complimentary snorkeling lesson and the life vest, of course, I was ready to go! It was our fist time, and it was a great experience.

The native Maldivian staff were a pleasure to meet. We had some nice conversations with several, they were telling us about their country and their experiences.

We took the Male tour excursion, provided by Kurumba. That was definitely worth going on, it's short so don't worry about it taking up the entire day (9am-12pm). Learned a lot and did some shopping!

This resort is next to the airport (maybe the closest resort to the airport?) which was great. Also, it's close to Male, the capital city.

You can walk around the entire island in about 20 minutes. I wish they had bikes, at least upon request. I highly recommend the resort adding bikes upon request for guests, to get around the island (from villa to water sports, or to the recreation center, spa). This would be a great plus and unique because most resorts don't have that option.

We were a bit annoyed that the Airport Transportation fee (to and from the airport), was not included in the rate. So we had to pay it separately, how else would we get to the island and back to the hotel?

We stayed in the Presidential Pool Villa, 2 floors and a nice big private pool in the front of the villa. In the back is your access to the beach. The beach does not have privacy, and you're pretty close to the other guests. So we were fortunate to have an option to sit privately by the pool. It's very spacious, and the bathroom was big, with one indoor shower and two outdoor showers (one near the bathroom and the other by the pool).

We also got a massage at the Veli Spa. VERY nice staff. There was a complication with our spa reservation and we weren't happy about that, but the spa manager added 30-mins of complimentary service-which was awesome! That made us really happy :)

ABOUT WEATHER: one last thing about the weather in end of july/early august because I know I was nervous about going this time of year since it's the rainy season in Maldives. DO NOT WORRY, the rain in Maldives is not your average rain in other parts of the world. It won't rain all day or mess with your activities. It rains hard for about 30-45 minutes and that's it. Sun is shining and it's all peachy. During our 4 night stay, the first day we arrived it rained for about 35 minutes and that was it. We didn't see any rain after that. Very sunny. It might get partly cloudy, but from experience, the clouds move fairly quickly. Don't worry, you'll definitely get a strong tan and enjoy the sun during this time of year!!

I hope I went over everything and I've added photos to share our experience.

--Enjoy!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Presidential Private Pool Villa. IF YOU WANT PRIVACY, then this room is right for y...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank LivinginRiyadh
Dear LivinginRiyadh,

What a fantastic review of our property! Thank you for taking the time to share your thought with us and with people who would like to learn more about Kurumba and Maldives holidays in general.
I am glad your stay in the Presidential Villa. This room category is one of best choices for those who search for privacy by the pool area and a luxury holiday. I am very pleased you gave such a nice review to our facilities as spa, restaurants, watersports and described activities and entertainment.
I have to agree, the dolphin watching is a “must do” in the Maldives. The dolphins are truly amazing and it is always a good option to search for them either by Jet Ski as you did or simply by joining the most popular tour in our resort – Sunset & Dolphin Discovery Cruise. It is an unforgettable eye-catcher. I am glad Ayesh helped you to enjoy the activity. Parasailing is a beautiful way to admire the island and the surroundings from the bird's-eye view. That’s great it was one more thing you enjoyed.

I am certainly happy your short break brought lots of positive experience in your life and we definitely will be happy to welcome you back.

Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

My wife and I spent five days in Kurumba and it was the best holiday we have ever had. Perhaps the oldest and the best resort in Maldives and also the closest to the airport. I timed our return trip and it took just six minutes (coming from airport was about 10 minutes). The beaches are superlative, the shallow and safe waters incredibly clean, and the rooms very comfortable and thoughtfully designed. Housekeeping is the finest I have come across with two service trips to the room every day. Every room has a WiFi router at no cost. A complimentary wine bottle awaited us when we entered the room. And on my birthday which fell during our stay, the resort surprised me with a flower arrangement and a small cake with a personalised birthday wish adorning it. All resort employees are extremely courteous and helpful. Although the resort is on the expensive end, we have no regrets about the money we spent; it was well worth the experience. There is a restaurant to suit every palate and the ambience is heavenly. All in all, a must must destination for holidayers. Highly recommended.

2 Thank Sachmach
Jason K, General Manager at Kurumba Maldives, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Sachmach,

What a wonderful review! It has definitely made my day and I am sure many of the team members! Thank you for taking time to review our property and choosing us for your stay. Let me wish you a happy belated birthday once again. It was a pleasure for the team to arrange a small surprise for your special day. Our intention is to pleasantly surprise our guests with thoughtful touches from room amenities to complementary activities. Obviously we are proud you had the best vacation in your life in Kurumba Maldives and this is the best treat for us.

I hope we will meet again in Kurumba for your next celebration or just a simple day.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife went there for a quick 4 nights break. Turned to be the best vacation we've had since we got married. The island is amazing, and the hotel is by far one of the best I've stayed in. The staff are very welcoming and very helpful.

I also had the best massage I've had in my life @ Vile Spa, the name of the masseuse was Nor.

Parasailing "though costly" was an amazing and highly recommended experience.

Food on the island is limited to a couple of restaurants, but they all serve great food.

A walk around the island takes 30minutes but it's well worth it.

Will defiantly plan a longer visit back to Kurumba

Check some of the pics I've taken during my visit at Instagram.com/fouadm

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Fouad M
Jason K, General Manager at Kurumba Maldives, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Fouad,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I appreciate you taking time to share your thoughts. I would like to thank you also for highlighting our team member Nor. Your review is a great praise for her and the whole team. We love to hear that you had a wonderful stay and the best vacation ever full of joy and experiences like spa and watersports. I have to admit that we do offer 8 different outlets for dinning and 3 bars which certainly helps with the choice that you were looking for. For a small island in the middle of Indian Ocean it is a pretty high number of places to eat and enjoy cocktails and spirits. To be true it is not easy to find another resort with the same number of restaurants. So we are really proud of the choices we offer to our guests andI hope during your next visit when you have more time, you will be able to experience all of them.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to our beautiful resort.

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed in Kurumba during our last year(2013) visit to Maldives in the month of May. We loved every minute of our stay over there. We stayed in Deluxe room, room was nice and clean. The open air bathroom was great. Staffs were very warm and welcoming. They arranged cake and special room decoration for my birthday, it was one of my most memorable birthday experience, thanks to them.. :). Food was also good. The place is very romantic. I would say very nice resort for leisure. One day definitely I would like to go back there. Till then I will cherish the moments I spent there....

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Suvra_2505
Dear Suvra,

Thank you for taking time to provide us feedback regarding your stay. I am pleased to read you would definitely visit us again one day and believe me it would be a present for the whole team to welcome you back. Even one year after your stay you would be able to see some changes and improvements in our resort if you were here and I have no doubts you will get a chance to see the place again.

I agree Deluxe Room is a good option for couples, an amazing location with an amazing bean and a location that has very few children. Appreciate that the rooms are a bit cosier but still quite sizeable in the big picture. I am glad your enjoyed your accommodation and as well had one of the most memorable birthday in our resort. In Kurumba we do care a lot about special occasions and for us it will be a pleasure to spoil you with some special touches and surprises.

Maldivian regards.
Kurumba Maldives
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vihamanafushi
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
Velassaru Maldives
#1 of 1 in Velassaru Island
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,547 reviews
Anantara Veli Maldives Resort

Been to Kurumba Maldives? Share your experiences!