“Another Wonderful Stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vihamanafushi
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Another Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Another wonderful stay at Kurumba. The staff, as always, provided excellent service. Our favorite restaurant host Fernando has moved on, but Shifaau filled in admirably in his place. Not only did he make sure any dining we did at East (the Asian restaurant) was handled smoothly, he also gave us a tour of the staff areas and invited us to lunch in the cafeteria. Nothing like Maldivian curry to make up a delicious meal. In the mornings, the breakfast buffet with sparkling wine was a real treat, and Natalia kept our glasses full and made sure we were well looked after. The Ocean Grille restaurant is being renovated, so we weren't able to eat on the deck overlooking the water. A slight inconvenience, more than made up for by the free cocktail hour Kurumba provided instead. A very nice gesture to keep the guests happy.

Helpful tip: summer is definitely a good time to visit. The resort was much less crowded than when we've come in the winter, and the weather was just as nice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jmsenger
Jason K, General Manager at Kurumba Maldives, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear jmsenger,

What a nice review! Thank you for taking time once again to review our property. And yes, it is definitely a pleasure to hear from our old friends. We were glad to welcome you back to Kurumba and our team are certainly looking forward to welcoming you back one day soon.

It is certainly out intention to delivery the best service possible. From your review I can see that we are performing very well in different areas and I am thankful to our team for it. As well it was a real pleasure to see names of our team members mentioned. Please rest assured I will pass your message to Shifaau and Natalia and I cant wait to see their happy smiles.

I hope you had a wonderful journey back to Qatar.

Kurumba Maldives

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,004)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My husband and I visited a couple of years ago (maybe 3) and fell in love with this beautiful island. It was everything we hoped for. We had the dine around option but pretty much ate at the same restaurant every evening as the view overlooking the sea and watching the baby reef sharks swimming by was amazing and the food was fantastic! the staff were excellent, we just could not fault this beautiful island at all.
My husband and I went back to Maldives last year and unfortunately opted to try another island and we were very disappointed! It was nothing like Kurumba! :( We both agreed that when we return to the Maldives again it will be Kurumba that we visit!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hayley e
Jason K, General Manager at Kurumba Maldives, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear hayleysimone,

Thank you for reviewing our resort on Trip Advisor. Please accept our thanks for choosing us and we were all thrilled to read ho much you enjoyed you stay with us a few years back.

We greatly appreciate your kind comments about our team and to tell you the truth we are proud our service is so widely recognized among guests. I really hope we will see you back to our island for the next relaxing vacation, and be sure with our little changes and improvements you are going to love your stay even more!

Please give our warmest regards to your husband.

See you again!
Riyadh, Ar Riyad, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Very nice resort in Maldive and very near to the Male airport within 15 minutes by boat you can reach the resort. Allot of activities: water support; Diving, snorkeling, recreation center, SPA. In the SPA you may take Yoga lessons.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Hesham A
Jason K, General Manager at Kurumba Maldives, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Hesham,

Thank you for taking time to review our team and our resort. I hope you enjoyed your stay and managed to try all activities you mentioned in your feedback. Please be sure we will always be glad to take care of you again if you decide to visit us for the second time.

I hope our flight back home was pleasant.

Best regards,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 9 August 2014

In short:

1. Great location
2. Great welcome at the airport
3. Amazing staff (I don't know how they could get everyone to be nice!)
4. Great rooms (we booked the deluxe pool suite, it had a private swimming pool and its truly private with large walls, totally worth paying a bit extra)
5. Unbelievable food (We couldn't find something that didn't taste amazing)
6. Did the renewal of vows and surprised my wife. (great deal to have) Thanks to Aisha
7. Great kids club (The ladies there are very helpful and took care of my 4 year old and got a special baby sitter for my 9 months old for 17$ per hour)
8. Nice place for snorkeling
9. GM Jason Cruz always around and helpful

Room Tip: Take the villas with the private pool
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Adolfkabban,

Wow and what a wonderful complimentary and review for our team. Thank you for your sincere and kind words and we all enjoyed reading it. Your comment about our amazing staff I am sure will be great motivation for our kitchen team.

We do have a large responsibility to create an amazing resort for our guests to relax, revitalise and reconnect and it certainly looks like this worked for you. We were also touched by your surprise renew of vows with your wife. So romantic.

I hope we are able to welcome you and your family back in the near future.
Nanning, China
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Really love our vacation in Kurumba, a fantastice memory. The high rate on tripadvisor, the closest island to Male and the reasonable price made me chose here for family vacation this summer and a definitely great choice. Professional and friendly staff, good kids club, warm welcome, spacious and enjoyable room, and the very good sea environment (don't forget it is the first vacation island in Maldives as early as around 1978). Glassbottom boat tour and dolphin tour are highly recommended. Back of the house tour is also very interesting and educative except for the burning sun:) Snorkelling status is imprssive and my husband saw one adult black tip shark (said to be the mother of the baby sharks at the main jetty and not attackative) and many other fish species close to jetty. The eco-consicious efforts of the island is great. Want to return one day. Thanks Ali for the bird you made for my girl, she loved it so much!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Yuan,

What a wonderful review and sincerely thank you.

It was great to see Ali’s name mentioned. Thank you for that and I will let him know about your appreciation. I am very satisfied your vacation went well and you are warming yourself with a thought of returning to our resort one day. Definitely we would love to have you back.

I agree snorkeling is fantastic in Maldives. We are proud to have a vibrant house reef. Generally a lot of marine life and not so much for the coral. To give extra experience to guests we offer complimentary snorkeling equipment for rent, snorkeling classes and guided house reef tours. It is enjoyable and must try activity for everyone who is visiting our island and the country in general.

I hope your trip back to China was safe and pleasant.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We went to celebrate our third wedding anniversary to Kurumba after reading reviews on Trip advisor and i must say we made an excellent choice. resort is pretty close to the airport, you save on extra transportation cost. Pick up and drop off was very well coordinated by the hotel staff and we dint had to do any waiting.

Hotel provided us with complementary drinks and one excursion (fishing) as the ocean grill restarunt was under construction but they do serve the ocean grill menu.

Hotel also provides complementary snorkeling gear and the reef around the resort is a good starting points for beginners. experience people may not like this.

One of the days i was busy with my work and could not had the breakfast. staff was kind enough to send me the breakfast from buffet in the room.

Overall a great experience. Choose a room facing beach. better to go for a higher category room..

TIP: Carry lot of eatable if you want to save on expensive food.

Room Tip: Choose a beach facing room no 142-143 are right on beach..
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sheiki19
Jason K, General Manager at Kurumba Maldives, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear sheiki19,

Thank you for your review and I hope you are doing great back to India.

It was a real pleasure to learn about your positive experience in our resort during you stay. I am really happy our staff took a very good care of you with private extra service and made your holiday memorable and remarkable. Once again allow me to wish you a happy wedding anniversary and we hope you will visit us again to celebrate some special moments for you.

Bangalore
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I took my mother to maldives earlier this year. We chose to stay at kurumba as it came with great reviews and was very easily accessible from the airport.
We loved it from the moment we got there.
We chose a half board package.. And got a lovely cottage on the beach... Pretty much all cottages are on the beach... No water villas here.
There was plenty of activity that the recreation center kept us busy with... Coral gardening, a cocktail making class, night snorkelling, three reef snorkelling, a trip to male, a sunset dolphin cruise (some of these are not included in your package and some are gratis).
The food was great.. I am a vegetarian .. And they took care of my dietary needs.
We enjoyed the sunsets at the beach bar.. And loved watching black tip reef sharks from the deck on main bar.
All in all, the holiday was wonderful and left us hungry for more of maldives.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Kavzchat
Jason K, General Manager at Kurumba Maldives, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Kavzchat,

It was a pleasure to read review and it has certainly put a smile on my face as it will for many of our team members. Great reviews like yours do inspire our team Ito continue to grow the level of experiences we offer our guests. I am glad that our team took a good care of you and your stay was enjoyed with a lovely room, busy schedule of daily activities and beautiful sunsets. It is a pleasure to read now you have a hunger for more of Maldives and if you decide to return to our resort we will be happy to impress you even more than before.

I hope your journey back to Bangalore was safe and easy.

Sunny regards,
Kurumba Maldives
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vihamanafushi
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
#1 of 2 in Bandos
Velassaru Maldives
Velassaru Maldives
#1 of 1 in Velassaru Island

Been to Kurumba Maldives? Share your experiences!