“Breathtaking !!”
Review of Kurumba Maldives

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vihamanafushi
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Just arrived back from 5 nights at this fabulous resort. Jason, the General Manager and his wife Victoria were just as charming and helpful as every member of staff, nothing was too much trouble the room and food were excellent. Would definitely go back and strongly recommend

Room Tip: Garden room villa
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sarah m
Jason K, General Manager at Kurumba Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Sarha,

Thank you for a short note on Trip Advisor. It is always a pleasure to meet you both and our team greatly enjoyed serving you. Thank you for bringing a wide smile on my face and I am sure that the team will be delighted to read this review.

Definitely we all can’t wait to see you back to Kurumba. Until then please enjoy beautiful days back in Dubai and we hope to see you soon.

Kurumba Maldives

Write a ReviewReviews (3,739)

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We had just returned after spending 4 days celebrating our 25 wedding anniversary with my son & a close friend. Food was fantastic (especially in the cafe by the beach) and not to mention the hotel went out of their way in ensuring that we had a very pleasant/tasteful/enjoyable anniversary. They had even made a special pillow and cake for our anniversary which was very thoughtful of them. My colleague had gone to another island in Maldives for her 5 days honeymoon earlier and was very envious hearing what I got :) after my trip as she got nothing from the resort she went to.

Staff were very friendly and we even got a free briefing on cocktails from a very friendly and helpful bartender Amir who happen to be from Sri Lanka to our surprise. The Russian young girl who brought us on a orientation on our arrival was also very helpful/cheerful as well in welcoming us to the island.

Rooms were very decent and clean and the beach was just right in front. The lagoon and reef were thriving with fishes and hard corals and the water was crystal clear. Only thing missing were soft corals which I was hoping to see but however, hard corals were still better then dead corals. There were sea cucumbers, baby sharks and even a moray eel near the jetty.

The ambiance was very nice and you don't seem to see many people concentrating a specific location which was good for a relaxing and private holiday. Free wifi was available throughout the island which was a plus for my son who has been updating his friends during the trip.

My wife who does not even swim like it so much that we are considering going back there for our 30th wedding anniversary. It will be good if sea sport such as kayaking/windsurfing cost can be reduced or even complimentary as I noticed it was hardly utilized and I almost went to Club Med due to the complimentary sea sports that was included but my wife convinced me to change to Kurumba due to the good reviews.

Area for improvement would be to extend the same wonderful hospitality to the airport. There was no one to greet us and I had to ask around to locate Kurumba counter as there were so many in the airport which was confusing. My friend who came on a later flight also had the same problem. On the plus side, the fantastic hospitality started on boarding the luxuries cabin cruiser all the way to the island and back to the airport.

Room Tip: Some reviews mentioned that rooms facing the airport were noisy but I find it hardly noticeable. If...
1  Thank WalterWong

Dear Walter,
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. Really, it was fantastic to read you enjoyed your anniversary and our staff took good care of you to make the day special and memorable. It is our intention to deliver an enriching guest experience.

Twenty five years together. Wow, it deserves respect and special attention. We love spoiling guests with our care and thoughtful touches. Thank you for mentioning Amir and others. It is an honor for them to learn about your appreciation.

Please be sure I noted your comments regarding areas to improve. I am very sorry you were not greeted in the proper way in the airport upon arrival. In your reservation, we had arrival details for one person in your room and a note stating - arrival time to be advised. We will certainly look into this and see if a reminder email should be sent when we are missing information. My apologies for this shortfall and we will certainly discuss this with our reservations team.

I hope your journey to Singapore was safe and we will be happy to welcome you back one day.

Best regards,

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Another wonderful stay at Kurumba. The staff, as always, provided excellent service. Our favorite restaurant host Fernando has moved on, but Shifaau filled in admirably in his place. Not only did he make sure any dining we did at East (the Asian restaurant) was handled smoothly, he also gave us a tour of the staff areas and invited us to lunch in the cafeteria. Nothing like Maldivian curry to make up a delicious meal. In the mornings, the breakfast buffet with sparkling wine was a real treat, and Natalia kept our glasses full and made sure we were well looked after. The Ocean Grille restaurant is being renovated, so we weren't able to eat on the deck overlooking the water. A slight inconvenience, more than made up for by the free cocktail hour Kurumba provided instead. A very nice gesture to keep the guests happy.

Helpful tip: summer is definitely a good time to visit. The resort was much less crowded than when we've come in the winter, and the weather was just as nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jmsenger

Dear jmsenger,

What a nice review! Thank you for taking time once again to review our property. And yes, it is definitely a pleasure to hear from our old friends. We were glad to welcome you back to Kurumba and our team are certainly looking forward to welcoming you back one day soon.

It is certainly out intention to delivery the best service possible. From your review I can see that we are performing very well in different areas and I am thankful to our team for it. As well it was a real pleasure to see names of our team members mentioned. Please rest assured I will pass your message to Shifaau and Natalia and I cant wait to see their happy smiles.

I hope you had a wonderful journey back to Qatar.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

My husband and I visited a couple of years ago (maybe 3) and fell in love with this beautiful island. It was everything we hoped for. We had the dine around option but pretty much ate at the same restaurant every evening as the view overlooking the sea and watching the baby reef sharks swimming by was amazing and the food was fantastic! the staff were excellent, we just could not fault this beautiful island at all.
My husband and I went back to Maldives last year and unfortunately opted to try another island and we were very disappointed! It was nothing like Kurumba! :( We both agreed that when we return to the Maldives again it will be Kurumba that we visit!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hayley e
Jason K, General Manager at Kurumba Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear hayleysimone,

Thank you for reviewing our resort on Trip Advisor. Please accept our thanks for choosing us and we were all thrilled to read ho much you enjoyed you stay with us a few years back.

We greatly appreciate your kind comments about our team and to tell you the truth we are proud our service is so widely recognized among guests. I really hope we will see you back to our island for the next relaxing vacation, and be sure with our little changes and improvements you are going to love your stay even more!

Please give our warmest regards to your husband.

See you again!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Very nice resort in Maldive and very near to the Male airport within 15 minutes by boat you can reach the resort. Allot of activities: water support; Diving, snorkeling, recreation center, SPA. In the SPA you may take Yoga lessons.

5  Thank Hesham A
Jason K, General Manager at Kurumba Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Hesham,

Thank you for taking time to review our team and our resort. I hope you enjoyed your stay and managed to try all activities you mentioned in your feedback. Please be sure we will always be glad to take care of you again if you decide to visit us for the second time.

I hope our flight back home was pleasant.

Best regards,

Reviewed 9 August 2014

In short:

1. Great location
2. Great welcome at the airport
3. Amazing staff (I don't know how they could get everyone to be nice!)
4. Great rooms (we booked the deluxe pool suite, it had a private swimming pool and its truly private with large walls, totally worth paying a bit extra)
5. Unbelievable food (We couldn't find something that didn't taste amazing)
6. Did the renewal of vows and surprised my wife. (great deal to have) Thanks to Aisha
7. Great kids club (The ladies there are very helpful and took care of my 4 year old and got a special baby sitter for my 9 months old for 17$ per hour)
8. Nice place for snorkeling
9. GM Jason Cruz always around and helpful

Room Tip: Take the villas with the private pool

Dear Adolfkabban,

Wow and what a wonderful complimentary and review for our team. Thank you for your sincere and kind words and we all enjoyed reading it. Your comment about our amazing staff I am sure will be great motivation for our kitchen team.

We do have a large responsibility to create an amazing resort for our guests to relax, revitalise and reconnect and it certainly looks like this worked for you. We were also touched by your surprise renew of vows with your wife. So romantic.

I hope we are able to welcome you and your family back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Really love our vacation in Kurumba, a fantastice memory. The high rate on tripadvisor, the closest island to Male and the reasonable price made me chose here for family vacation this summer and a definitely great choice. Professional and friendly staff, good kids club, warm welcome, spacious and enjoyable room, and the very good sea environment (don't forget it is the first vacation island in Maldives as early as around 1978). Glassbottom boat tour and dolphin tour are highly recommended. Back of the house tour is also very interesting and educative except for the burning sun:) Snorkelling status is imprssive and my husband saw one adult black tip shark (said to be the mother of the baby sharks at the main jetty and not attackative) and many other fish species close to jetty. The eco-consicious efforts of the island is great. Want to return one day. Thanks Ali for the bird you made for my girl, she loved it so much!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Yuan,

What a wonderful review and sincerely thank you.

It was great to see Ali’s name mentioned. Thank you for that and I will let him know about your appreciation. I am very satisfied your vacation went well and you are warming yourself with a thought of returning to our resort one day. Definitely we would love to have you back.

I agree snorkeling is fantastic in Maldives. We are proud to have a vibrant house reef. Generally a lot of marine life and not so much for the coral. To give extra experience to guests we offer complimentary snorkeling equipment for rent, snorkeling classes and guided house reef tours. It is enjoyable and must try activity for everyone who is visiting our island and the country in general.

I hope your trip back to China was safe and pleasant.

Kurumba Maldives

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vihamanafushi
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives
Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Mald...
#1 of 1 in Kandoomaafushi Island
#1 of 2 in Bandos
Velassaru Maldives
Velassaru Maldives
#1 of 1 in Velassaru Island

Been to Kurumba Maldives? Share your experiences!