Travelling with a 1 year old is challenging at the best of times so comfort and closeness was instrumental to us when choosing our resort. Me and my husband have been to the Maldives before and always thought it would be the best place to go with a little one but waiting hours for the seaplanes after an 11 hour flight wasn't really on the cards. So we found Kurumba which was an easy walk out of the airport to the boat and then a quick 10-15 min ride to the resort, just in time for babys nap!
I must say I don't think I've ever experiences service like service at Kurumba, even the guy picking up fallen coconuts stops to say hello and one of the waitors brought a little flower for my baby girl every day at dinner... and it's not forced or false in any way. For families travelling with children they are very accomodating and made purees every evening free of charge and spoilt Ella with little gifts. The buildings, beaches and pools are all great... can't fault them at all but the close proximity to Male and the noise from the planes did spoil the experience for me and my husband. And as beautifully manicured the island is, it'd be nice if there wer some areas that were not built up... a bit of nature would have been nice.
So if you're looking for that tucked away Maldivian romantic feel, don't choose Kurumba. However if you want to not waste time with transfers, appriciate good service or you're travelling with kids... book it! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kurumba is Maldives' very first resort. Located just 10-minutes from the airport with luxury speedboat transfers available 24 hours a day. Explore our vibrant house reef. Relaxing on the white sandy beach. Swimming in our protected crystal clear lagoon. Treat yourself to an exquisite Maldivian spa treatment. Be energized with the daily scheduled activities, watersports, excursions or scuba diving. Be inspired by the Maldives culture, local food, art and dance. Nine styles of accommodation are spread amongst the island's lush tropical gardens. Eight restaurants, three bars, Maldives best nightly entertainment scene, Kurumba is a perfect holiday destination. Kurumba is the Maldives in Full Colour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Destinology, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Travelbag, Booking.com, Priceline, Holiday Gems, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Kurumba Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kurumba Maldives Hotel North Male Atoll
- Kurumba Maldives North Male Atoll
- Kurumba Hotel