We returned a week ago from Kurumba.
We had a fabulous time despite the couple of days of unseasonal rain.
We were met at the port by very friendly staff from the resort and from that time on, every staff member was polite,efficient and above all courteous and friendly. We were very fortunate in our Beach Front Bungalow aspect (No 175), as it had a good view and was, in our opinion, on the best part of the beach. The bungalow was well appointed, with comfy beds and good bathroom facilities. As Kurumba is so close to Male, it did not ever seem like island paradise, as you could see Male clearly and despite being told by the Kuoni rep in England that aircrafts would not be an issue, We saw and heard plenty (even at bedtimes) which was quite a disappointment.
Food in the main restaurant was varied and delicious and one of the managers, Lateef, went out of his way to source a particular botlle of wine for us. We were delighted to find that we were entitled to unlimited Moet with our breakfast at the Cafe and their a la carte menu was excellent. The main bar serving cocktails was great and we were surprised just how good most of the entertainment was.
The snorkelling just metres from our room was an unbelievable experience. We never knew just how many different types of tropical fish there are and a particular highlight was swimming with turtles and sharks. We even had a complimentary trip, which we decided to do a sunset boat ride to see lovely dolphins.
There was a wine tasting evening where tables were put out in the water! It was a great way to socialize with other guests, whilst gazing at the reef sharks and stingrays gliding by.
We would definitely recommend this resort to others, but if you want a desert island experience, you probably need to go further away from the capital and this is the only reason that we have given 4/5, because everything else is 5/5 for sure.
Keep up the good work Jason and your team :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kurumba is Maldives' very first resort. Located just 10-minutes from the airport with luxury speedboat transfers available 24 hours a day. Explore our vibrant house reef. Relaxing on the white sandy beach. Swimming in our protected crystal clear lagoon. Treat yourself to an exquisite Maldivian spa treatment. Be energized with the daily scheduled activities, watersports, excursions or scuba diving. Be inspired by the Maldives culture, local food, art and dance. Nine styles of accommodation are spread amongst the island's lush tropical gardens. Eight restaurants, four bars, Maldives best nightly entertainment scene. Kurumba is a perfect holiday destination. Kurumba is the Maldives in Full Colour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Agoda, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Kurumba Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kurumba Maldives Hotel North Male Atoll
- Kurumba Maldives North Male Atoll
- Kurumba Hotel