“No Where Else But The Meadowlark”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Springfield
The Meadowlark Inn Cooperstown
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“No Where Else But The Meadowlark”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I love The Meadowlark Inn. I've been going there every year for about 8 years. George and Tina are extremely nice and welcoming. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. George makes great waffles for breakfast. The backyard is huge and its great to walk around and play in. Every time I stay at the Meadowlark, I have a relaxing weekend. I would never stay anywhere else when visiting Cooperstown.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Stoopidhead19

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Marion In
Reviewed 24 December 2011

I can't say enough. This place is cute, warm & cozy yet open and not stuffy, friendly, clean, affordable, and FUN. Did I mention charming? The decor is unique and refreshing. The rooms? Spotless. Bathroom? Spotless. The Inn's landscape proves Mother Nature is an avid gardener -- wild and wispy, yet contained. Staying at this Inn is like staying at a B&B so far as getting to know others who are staying as well. The hosts (George and Tina) add their bubbly personalities to the mix and before you know it, you're feeling like family before you say your goodbyes.

A stay at Meadowlark Inn will only enhance your journey. Rest assured (pun intended), if we get back that way again, we'll be staying at Meadowlark Inn!

(Enjoy your holidays, George and Tina!!)

Lynnanne ~ Indiana

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Lynnanne F
Rochester,NY
Reviewed 28 November 2011

When my wife and I pulled in to this Inn, I have to admit I was not impressed. But then I thought, well let's give it a try anyways. The price was right. The rooms were clean and the bathrooms were very spacious. The lobby was comforting when we first arrived. Surprised to see nobody at the counter, but understood why since our stay was out of season. We made a phone call and we someone came to greet us within minutes. The only thing I did not like was the cleaning crew envelopes on the television set. I should not have to tip you to do your job. That is what your hourly wage is for. If I were to visit the Cooperstown area ever again( but I highly doubt it ) I would highly suggest them to stay at the Meadowlark Inn.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RetailGuy
Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed 16 November 2011

We have been staying at the Meadowlark Inn since the current owners bought it. You could not ask for friendlier people. Tina and George go out of their way to introduce you to other guests and make you feel special. The rooms are clean, fresh and large. The continental breakfast which includes waffles is great. we have stayed at other area inns in the past and none were close to this place. We travel to Cooperstown every year and always stay at the Mewadowlark Inn.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Steven F
Clifton, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Our team stayed at the Meadowlark this past summer while our son went to Dreams Park. It was a great place to call "home" for the week. George and Tina were so nice and helpful and George makes the best waffles!! Our younger son's team just got their Dreams Park week for next summer and we have already booked next year's week with the Meadowlark. We are already looking forward to next summer!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank BaseballMom56
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 19 October 2011

While the room was clean & comfortable, we weren't impressed with the customer service. No one was staffing the inn when we arrived to check in (after driving 10 hours from Michigan), so we had to wait almost 30 minutes to get a room because a neighbor had to come over & give us a key. 2 days later, we noticed that someone on staff (maybe the cleaning crew?) had left keys to all the rooms in our room, so we went to the desk to return them, but again, no one was working. 3 days later, there wasn't anyone working when we tried to check out, so we just left. Be aware that it's next to impossible to get cell phone reception in this area, so each of these times, we needed to use the inn phone to try to reach the owners on their cells, except for the last time, when the inn's cordless phone was dead. Also, as someone else mentioned, the curtains do not keep the sunlight out, so we were wakened each morning when the sun came up and shone through the curtain on the front door. Others have raved about this place, so perhaps it was just bad luck that all this happened to us, but it was enough that we'll never go back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MoonSwings
themeadowlarkinn2, Owner at The Meadowlark Inn Cooperstown, responded to this review, 22 October 2011
As you can see from all our other reviews, we do everything we can to make our guests have a great stay. Unfortunately, the days that "moonswings" stayed here my grandfather passed away. He was the most special person in my life and I don’t think I have ever been this sad. My head was definitely not on straight and all three incidents that she complained about were my fault. In the seven years we have been open I have never left the inn without leaving a guest's keys. When I realized what I had done, I immediately called my neighbor who came over and gave her her key. This took less than 10 minutes. The next day I made arrangements for someone to take over the inn while we went to the wake/funeral. The day after the funeral, I was the one that cleaned this woman's room and left the keys in there. My mind was definitely not on work and I didn't pay attention. When she checked out, I thought I had time to run my son to school at 7:30, since she hadn’t come in early in the past couple of days. It was one of the worst weekends of my life and I tried my best to hold it together, but obviously I failed. Running a business 7 days a week when you are going through something like this is very difficult. She wrote, "Perhaps it was just bad luck that all this happened to us." Perhaps it was just back luck for us that we had a guest that was this unsympathetic and felt she still had to write this review. If the worst things that happened to "moonswings" is that keys were left in her room and she had to wait 10 minutes to check in, it's too bad that those things were enough to overpower all the nice things that we have to offer (see previous 84 reviews). By the way, we have full cell phone coverage with Verizon, but AT&T or Sprint do not have towers in the area. - Tina Macaluso, owner
Pomona, New York
Reviewed 19 October 2011

That's the way George and Tina (the innkeepers) make you feel. We have been coming here for about 6 years and never get tired of the beautiful area and the very friendly and immaculate Meadowlark Inn. Breakfast with George's perfect waffles is the BEST. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
#6 of 16 in Cooperstown
The Baseball Hotel
The Baseball Hotel
#1 of 4 in Richfield Springs

Been to The Meadowlark Inn Cooperstown? Share your experiences!