“Just an idea” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Portage, Indiana
“Just an idea”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Best hotel in the area. Very clean inside and nice decor. Breakfast was very good, only wish they had a chocolate milk machine, trying to mix chocolate syrup in a busy line is not easy.
I also think they need to move business center and open that area up, so you can see they actually have a bar in there. When I stayed at Embassy in Orlando the bar was out in open, take notes from that location. Kayel who works in the bar was very good. Excellent customer service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Beres W, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Tony C,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that Rayel our restaurant/bar server was helpful. Additionally, I am please to know you also enjoyed our cooked-to-order breakfast. Thank you also for your note on the restaurant location and exposure. Your note is duly noted.
Please come and visit us again should your travels bring you back to the Syracuse area.

Thank you.

Beres Wall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Long Island, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

The management at this hotel could care less about the guests who are there to actually sleep and not party in the parking lot, hotel lobby and atrium all night. After checking in to our room with 3 children TWO HOURS LATE because it wasn't ready we wanted to get to bed early as we had to get back on the road by 6am. Instead all 5 of us were kept awake until after 2am because of the unrelenting noise coming from people in an rv who were playing football in the parking lot and drinking out there all night. And of course from the other guests who set up camp in the hotel lobby with their coolers filled with beer doing shots like kids at a club. We called the front desk to complain several times and nothing was ever done about the noise that got worse as the night went on. This of course made more sense as we witnessed the hotel g.m. walking through the atrium several times and laughing and joking with all the drunk people being loud. If he doesn't care then who else would?? Of course he will respond and say that's not typical, because that's what I've read of every negative review of this hotel. Don't be fooled by the embassy suites name on the building...this is not run and managed like an embassy suites its run like a frat house. We witnessed person after person over served at their managers reception (which happened to be extended for an extra hour that night) I guess that's what you get when you serve people unlimited, free, cheap liquor for 3 straight hours. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere that cares about ALL of the guests comfort and courtesy. We will certainly never make the same mistake.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Tara K
Beres W, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Tara K,
I am so sorry to hear your overnight stay with us did not meet you and your family’s expectations. I do sincerely apologize for that. Please note, the entire team and myself, care about our guests getting the full benefit of our hotel. That includes the comfort of our two-room suites in addition to our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and our evening reception. I do apologize for the late check-in. This was due to an internal issue that has since been resolved. During the weekend of you and your family’s stay, we were host to two junior sports teams in addition to hosting a wedding ceremony and reception. Please note, due to the wedding ceremony being held in close proximity to the complimentary evening reception, the complimentary evening reception started 30 minutes later, and was extended for an extra 30 minutes beyond the normal closing time, in an effort of making it right for our guests. Once again, we take great pride in taking care of our guests here at the Embassy Suites Syracuse, and we would love to have the opportunity to serve you again, should your travels bring you back to the Syracuse area.
Thank you once again and safe travels.

Plattsburgh, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was my first stay in an Embassy Suites and it was great. Even though the price is just above what I usually pay for hotels the extra large room , wonderful made to order breakfast, sweet manager's reception and lovely indoor water features made it well worth the slightly higher price. The staff was great and room spotless.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Beres W, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Margaret M,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our spacious two-room suites in addition to, both our complimentary evening reception and our cooked-to-order breakfast. Aditionally, we are all happy to hear you enjoyed the interior landscape of our Atrium.
Should your travels bring you back to the Syracuse area, we all look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Thannk you and safe travels.

Pooler, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

This had to be the worst Embassy Suites I have stayed at. The hotel itself was fine and the room was clean, but the staff didn't have control of the hotel. Kids were running around everywhere. They were playing in the elevators, causing them to be jammed up. Someone had an RV in the parking lot set up ready to camp. They took up about 5 parking spaces in an already full parking lot. A couple was at the bar getting hammered with their three young kids there. The staff seemed to not care about any of it even after several people complained.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Beres W, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Vinny 0014,

Thank you for sharing your comments with me ragarding your stay wiht us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the cleanliness of our two-room spacious suites. In reference to the kids, we try our very best to implement our weekend curfew time which starts at 9pm. Unfortunately there were a few that managed to evade our security officers. Typically this is not an issue on weekends, but given the fact we had several sports teams in house this particular weekend, we did try our best to minimize all disturbances. Finally, please note kids are not allowed in the lounge, however during the weekend reception kids are allowed to visit with their parents, due to the fact the reception is held in a different location.
Should your travels bring back to the Syracuse area, please do come and visit us again.

Thank you.

Stratford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I am a business traveler and spend 50 nights per year in the area. As all businesses need to watch expenses the extra 20$ per night I spend , the value is so worth it. The staff is great, the rooms are clean and the environment is safe. I have traveled the world and hats off to the Embassy in East Syracuse. Kayla at the front desk and Matt in corporate sales you two were amazing. I have stayed at the other area lodging in the immediate vicinity ,follow my advice.

Room Tip: floor 5 Not a bad room to be had
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Beres W, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Jeffrey I,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that both Kayla our Guest Service Agent and Matt our Director of Sales have been helpful during your stays with us. I will be sure to share your kind complimentary words with them.
We all look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when your travels bring you back to Syracuse.

amsterdam, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Great staff, clean rooms, good location. Walk to restaurants. This hotel always seems filled so parking is sometimes a problem. Some noise problems if your room is on the Thruway side. Nice cocktail reception in the evening. Breakfast is real and as quick as you'd want. Great coffee. Always my first choice when traveling to Syracuse.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Derek Q,

Thank you for sharing your comments with me regarding your stay. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our complimentary Manager's Reception and our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast. Additionally I'm happy to hear you were pleased with the service from our staff.
Should your travels bring you back to the Syracuse area, we look forward to your return visit.

Norristown, Pennsylvania, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as part of a short get away.
The good: Staff members were all very nice. I would shout out but did mot want yo miss anyone. The lobby/ atrium nice. The rooms were clean and what you would expect for Embassy Suites. The breakfast was good and again as to be expected. It is near the highway and easy to get around.
The not so good: the location is not close to anything if you are one who likes to walk to dinner or enjoy stepping out, you need to have a car. The temp in the common areas were kept noticeably cold so hanging in the nice lobby was limited. Apparently there is a law that does not allow you to bring outside food and eat in the atrium. There are 6 of us in tow when traveling and love to grab some take out and play UNO at the end of a day when on the road.
Overall, a very nice stay and we would absolutely stay here again and recommend this hotel.

Tip: because it is close to the highway, my GPS kept taking me there and adding time to get to some of the local locations. Try using avoid highway or alternative route to make sure it is truly taking the shortest route.

Stayed July 2014
Dear DT,

Just wanted to thank you for sharing your comments with me. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the service of our staff, our two-room suites and our popular cooked-to order breakfast.
I apologize for the temperature of the lobby during your visit with us. That issue has since been resolved. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.
We all lookf forward to your return visit should your travels bring you back to Syracuse.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Syracuse
#4 of 19 in East Syracuse
Hilton Garden Inn Syracuse
Hilton Garden Inn Syracuse
#2 of 19 in East Syracuse

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse? Share your experiences!