“What a poor business experience at Embassy Suites, Syracuse !”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Niskayuna, New York
“What a poor business experience at Embassy Suites, Syracuse !”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

1. Booked a meeting room for full day----NO TEMPERATUE CONTROL. Insufferable all day. No corrective action by hotel.
2. Lunch pre-ordered and booked for 1200 noon------not served until 1230 because there was a larger party needing buffet set up.
3. Overnight rooms ignored Diamond Club Member room preferences.
4. Overnight room had temperature control problems. Not fixed for second night stay.
5. Room charges screwed up - not as requested by company.
6. Hotel Sales Staff ignored company - never checked with Company Management to see if problems (likely stayed away BECAUSE there were problems).
Totally unsatisfactory experience -- and then hotel management sends generic follow up saying they are committed to customer satisfaction and appreciate our business. What a joke.
Do not book Embassy Suites Syracuse if you expect top notch treatment.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Beres W, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Mr. John S,
Thank you for sharing your comments with me. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the lack of attention you and your business colleagues received during your stay and also during your meetings. As a team we failed to meet your expectations and once again I apologize for that. Simply put, there is no excuse for your lunch being served 30 minutes late. My apologies for the inconveniences & delays this may have caused. Please note, the temperature air flow has since been repaired and I can assure this will be in full operation for your next visit. We do try our best to honor HHonor room requests. However, honoring these requests is based primarily on room type availability.
Once again, I hope you will grant us the opportunity to serve you and your company again. Please be assured I will take personal responsibility to ensure not only your visit goes satisfactorily, but also each member of your company as well.

Beres Wall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great support from Ms.Halsey and co-staff behind the desk. Courteous, knowledgeable, professional. Was great, welcome relief from a difficult day on the road. Great amenities. Clean rooms, nice decor and atmosphere. I've had many a pleasant stay at Embassy Suites, in various locatoions, and this was among the very best. Will go out of way for a repeat stay in Syracuse. thanks again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Beres W, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Harry B,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Ms. Halsey and the additional guest service agents were all helpful and they all met your expectations. Additionally, I am happy to know our clean rooms and atmosphere were all well received. I will be sure to share your comments with Ms. Halsey and her co-workers. I hope you will return should your travels bring you back to Syracuse.

Embrun, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel has a great relaxing country feel. Every staff member was a pleasure and the hotel was perfectly clean. The food at the restaurant was incredible and the staff was great even though we came in close to closing. The atrium and balconies are a nice change from the closed in hallways of other hotels. The pool area and fitness room was well outfitted and clean. Young children will love the indoor trees and stream areas. The suites are two rooms and large, more than enough for a family of 4 or 5 with two TV's to avoid arguments between children. I will admit there may be some that would feel the hotel has an older feel, but the fresh smell throughout and the cleanliness of the hotel more than makes up for this. Well done, you will see me visiting again.

Room Tip: Upper floor is best to be away from the open atrium. Front of the hotel will have traffic noise fro...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Nigel J,
Just wanted to thank you for for your recent stay with us. So happy to to know you enjoyed dining in our restaurant. Additionally, I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the configuration of our lobby and hotel at large, in addition to our two-room suites. We look forward to welcominig you and your family back when visiting the Syracuse area again,
Until then, safe travels.

Amherst, MA
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We had never stayed an an Embassy Suite before and were a bit skeptical. We made our reservation while we were driving towards Syracuse from Ohio on a very rainy night and needed a place to stay.We followed our GPS off Route 90, not far from the highway and were astounded by the place. A room, an ante-room (two TVs) several tables and a comfortable king size bed. The atrium was cavernous-- and the facilities were terrific. The elevators facing the lobby reminded me of the Hyatt chain hotels. OUr breakfast demands are simple-- cold cereal, coffee, OJ and muffins and they were fine. All is all, it was a super experience and I've become a believer.

Room Tip: If you need a place to stay in the Syracuse area, this is a terrific hotel. Bring a bathing suit!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Beres W, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Jean-Pierre B,
Thank you for sharing your comments with me. I am happy to hear you and your family enjoyed our two-room suite and the other amenities we offer.
We all look forward to your return visit when you are next in the Syracuse area.
Thank you and safe travels...

New York
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I had stayed at this hotel many years back and even now I remember how wonderful my stay was and definitely wanted this place for my birthday bash. This hotel is one you don't forget because of it's unique design and layout and decor. I enjoy this place so much because walking around I feel less like I'm in a hotel lobby and more like I'm in the Caribbean with the plants, the stream and the little pavilion. And once I get to my room I feel less like I'm staying in a hotel and more like I am entering my own little apartment. On top of the beautiful facilities, the pool, hot tub, work out room, the 2 room suite, the restaurant, a fantastic complimentary breakfast and complimentary cocktail hour... the list goes on; furthermore, the service and hotel staff was just heavenly. I was greeted with a smile at every passing and was treated very well when I need something or what not. Looking for a weekend get-away or a bigger event? This is the place to go!

Room Tip: I really enjoyed the privacy and quietness of having a corner suite on the second floor. It also had...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Sara-Bear227,
Thank you for choosing to celebrate your birthday with us! I am happy to hear our lobby, Atrium and surrounding areas makes you feel as if you are in the Caribbean. Additionally, I am happy to hear our two-room suites, complimentary breakfast and evening reception all played a part in the celebration of your birthday. Finally, thank you for acknowledging the graciousness of our staff.
We all look forward to you celebrating your next birthday bash with us.

Joliet, Illinois
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is clean and nice but not a great experience.

We made a reservation for a room with 2 Double beds and a pull out couch for my family of 5. I received a confirmation email stating the same. When we arrived the front desk clerk didn't mention that the room she gave us had just one King. After getting into the room and realizing the mistake, we went back downstairs to have our room changed. The woman at the desk informed us they were out of rooms with double beds. I explained we have 5 people and I made a specific reservation for 2 beds. She responded with "no, you only made a reservation for 4 and it doesn't matter because they were out of double beds". I had an email conformation from them stating 5 people and 2 double beds! She was completely rude and not service oriented. After much back and forth she said they would comp the room and they charged us anyway.

The breakfast was really bad. The omelette station ok but the rest of the food was horrible. They had a bunch of sports teams there while we were there. The was dirty tables everywhere and no one bussing them. After reading many other reviews and seeing its common for them to have sports teams you would think they would learn how to staff correctly.

I expected more from an Embassy Suites.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Dcheck1,
Thank you for sharing your comments with me. I do apologize for the inconvenience you and your family experienced in not getting your requested room. Additionally, the manner in which you were treated by our Guest Service Agent is unaccpetable and for that I do sincerely apologize. In reference to our complimentary breakfast, you notes are duly noted and shared with the team.
Considering this is not a normal experience for our guests, we hope you will give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves.
Should your travels bring you back to the Syracuse area we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel, with the promise of providing you and your family a better experience.

Dalgety Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

we only stayed one night on a road trip and the hotel is fine.
The central atrium is decorated in a Polynesian style, but because of the safety railing and lighting gives it the look of a Polynesian themed high security jail.
The 'manager's reception' was fine for a couple of complimentary drinks and breakfast was OK, saved by the excellent freshly made omelettes.
The room was fine, though rather ordinary.

Room Tip: we had a little road noise on the side of the hotel, so it could be intrusive if you overlooked the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear DavetheFisher,
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Additionally, I am pleased to know you enjoyed our complimentary evening reception and our cooked-to-order breakfast, We all hope you will return should your travels bring you back to Syracuse.