“A Little Removed but Nice”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dewitt (Syracuse)
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Reviewed 27 December 2013

At first I thought this property was in the middle of nowhere until I realized there were a number of nice food options nearby. I would imagine the area will be built up over time but it’s nice and open right now. Something I very much appreciated was an “Elevator” sign in the hallway that was visible from my room. It’s wonderful not having to remember, or guess, what direction the elevator is down the hall. My room was clean and comfortable and the need for a minor repair was reported to the desk.

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong since there is little in the area and it's very quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Deanna G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dewitt (Syracuse), responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you very much for your review on our hotel. I appreciate you mentioning that there are alot of choices nearby. Since your visit the restaurant next door has opened and is a great option to walk to for lunch or dinner. On your next visit to our hotel I hope you are able to try them. We are also less than 1/4 of a mile from Erie Blvd which does have numerous choices from fast food, casual dining to upscale restaurants. We feel there is something for everyone. It was also just announced that we are also getting a Trader Joe's on Erie Blvd so that is a fun shopping option as well.

We look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

An outstanding stay at this Holiday Inn Express for 11 members of our family, all from out of town. The front desk was excellent from helping with directions to providing forgotten items. Bryck on duty both evenings we stayed was especially friendly and helpful. The rooms were pristine and well stocked with items for a traveler. No lack of hot water when getting ready, good hair dryers and an iron & board in each room. Maids were very friendly and gave us a little extra time on Sunday morning. The breakfast area was much better than the average. Jannine went above and beyond for a large group having breakfast both mornings. Coffee was always full and hot and the breakfast food was replenished constantly. Tables and spills cleaned up immediately. She was really patient letting us all stay and visit, even after the 10am hour. Highly recommended for service based on the reasonanble price. Thanks Bryck & Jannine :)

Room Tip: Not overly big and off the main highway, so all rooms seem good. We had adjoining rooms with walk th...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Deanna G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dewitt (Syracuse), responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. The staff especially loves to see their names "in lights" or online!! We have a great team and it means a lot when our guest is able to interact with them and experience their passion and dedication to the hotel. I am glad you had a great weekend and we hope that you will be back for more family events in the future and are able to stay with us.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I highly recommend this hotel for your next trip to Syracuse. The consistency of quality and cleanliness are unmatched in this market!!! It makes coming home that much easier when you know you will see a friendly face and warm greeting!!! It still amazes me how wonderful the staff and management are and how they seem to remember me every time I come back!!! Thanks again!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review and high praises of the hotel. We are very fortunate to have a strong team at the hotel along with a lot of loyal employees so it makes it nice for everyone when you come back that you get to see a familiar smiling happy face. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to Syracuse!

Reviewed 17 October 2013

When staying at this property I always know I will receive the quality and consistency I have come to expect. The staff goes out of their way to provide the extra touchs that help during my travels. This location is excellent to anything you would need to do while staying in Syracuse. This property is clean and comfortable. i especially love the business center. The pool is wonderful, although I wish I had more to time to enjoy it.. I highly recommend this hotel for your next trip to Syracuse.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite.The wet bar and fridge come in handy.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

We are so glad that you "love the place" our goal every day is to have a hotel that echo’s the promises of Holiday Inn Express and the mission statement, "Great Hotels Guest Love". It is wonderful to read your comments and see that we have been able to do just that for you! Thank you for your continued loyalty and support!

Deanna L.Granato

Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

Newer, clean, not walkable to anything. The pool was ok, good for the kids to get some energy out. Breakfast was great, my son is addicted to those pancake machines.
Lots of stores and places to eat just minutes away by car.
I'd stay here again without hesitation, if I ever found myself in the area again.

Stayed: June 2013

Thank you so much for your review of the hotel.

We appreciate all of your comments and insights, I understand what you mean by "cookie cutter", but I hope you found that even though the shell of the hotel may be like many other hotels the inside is alive with wonderful, caring employees that take great pride in their work! For me that is really what a great hotel is about, the people!

We do not advise anyone to walk to the main areas nearby due to the volume of traffic and lack of sidewalk/crosswalks but we are excited that the restaurant next door to us, which has been dark for many years, is undergoing a major facelift and expected to open by the end of this year. So that should be a great option for guests who do not want to get back in the car for a meal.

Hope to see you on your next visit to Syracuse.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stayed at this Holiday Inn for a couple of nights last week. The desk and breakfast staff were friendly, my room was clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was good and plentiful. I did not have the wifi problems that another reviewer cited. My room was on the first floor in the rear of the building. The only problem I might have had was that the lighting from the parking lot was streaming in toward my windows! But, as I always try to remember a binder clip in my luggage for just this situation, no worries. (It might be a common situation because the housekeeper just left the clip on the curtain for me the next day.) I have become a fan of the HI franchises over the years and enjoyed receiving my Priority Club snack bag on check-in. If I'm back in Syracuse, I'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank WaverlyCat

Thank you Waverly Cat for your review and I like your snazzy name!

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that you will be back.

If you would like to contact me directly with your name I can look at the room you were in and make sure the drapes are properly installed/hung I would greatly appreciate it. I am impressed at how resourceful of a traveler you are but, we do want all of the elements in the room to be working properly !

Thank you again and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Syracuse.

deanna@hphco.com

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I titled the review surprise because I'm not a huge fan of the Holiday Inn but the Holiday Inn Express is another matter. The room was clean, the bathroom had good lighting to put on my makeup (big plus since I've stayed at far nicer hotels who can't say that) and the bed was comfortable. I found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating. I was there for 10 nights which is a long time. I do agree with the other reviewer about the internet. It wasn't the speediest but I found that to be true at the Holiday Inn as well. Overall I would stay here again and would be open to staying at another Holiday Inn Express in the future. One thing to note is the hotel has a relationship with Golds Gym (at least at the time of this review). Be sure to ask about that if you like to workout.

Room Tip: In general the hotel is located in a pretty quiet area. My room faced the front of the hotel and it...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you, Stacey for your review and your comments.

We do look at all feedback as a gift and love reading the reviews of our valued guests, Your review even means more for me that you were here for 10 days so you really got to see all aspects of the operation.

We have had a long standing relationship with the Gold's gym on Widewaters Parkway and we are gladly continuing it for our guests. I also just recently found out that along with use of the gym on a day pass they allow you to participate in any of the classes they offer. It's a great way to get some exercise in when on the road for sure.

Hope your work brings you to Syracuse again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Syracuse
#5 of 19 in East Syracuse
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse / Carrier Circle
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse
Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dewitt (Syracuse)? Share your experiences!