“Friendly staff”

Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Ontario
“Friendly staff”
Reviewed 11 September 2012

We went to Syracuse for a week end get away and Tricia wanted to do some shopping we picked this hotel because of the name that we like{ Marriott}. The staff was very friendly and was also impressed with the manager here also she had a great attitude and answered any questions we had about the area.We asked for a room upgrade and lucky for us we got one and it was a nice room with separate sitting area and a TV and fridge and microwave love seat and 2 comfy chairs.The bed room had a comfortable king bed and flat screen TV also .The hotel had free Marriott Brand coffee but star bucks could be purchased.The only thing not impressed with was the breakfast bar $18 for a couple sandwiches that were pre made and heated up not pleasant experience. It is to bad it did not have a regular restaurant here. Location is great for taking a short drive to shopping and there is at least 3 restaurants with in short walking distance .It still surprises us that they do not take Canadian money even though its worth more then there money is right now and they could be more aware of our currency since many Canadians go there.Next time we visit Syracuse we will for sure check this place out again.

Room Tip: 3Rd floor is not has noisy and remember to change setting on heating &cooling fan to auto make...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this review, 15 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience. I am thrilled to hear that my staff went above and beyond to take care of all of your needs, including a room upgrade. We are pleased that we offer refrigerators in each room and free WiFi and flat screen TV's. All of our breakfast options are made fresh to order; 'some' of them are portioned out ahead of time and then are cooked to order. We have several breakfast options for you to choose from including eggs (or egg whites) cooked to order, with choice of meat (crisp bacon, sausage, or Canadian turkey bacon), toast and Bistro potatoes. In addition we have delicious thick cut french toast made fresh to order. I hope that you will our Bistro another try next time. I am pleased that you chose us for your hotel needs and look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Very clean & modern rooms right off the freeway. Very nice courtyard on inside of hotel. Would recommend for anyone. Only stayed as a layover to drive to Toronto but was excellent. Coffee down in lobby in AM. Easy check out.

• Stayed August 2012
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us at The Courtyard in East Syracuse. I am pleased to hear that our staff were able to answer the necessary questions and were able to upgrade you too! It sounds like you were able to get a sound sleep on our brand new beds that are in each and every room. We now have flat screen TVS and refrigerators in every room too.
We do accept Diners Club, Discover, American Express, Visa, and MasterCard as method of payments and look forward to your next shopping trip.
Thank you again!
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriot in East Syracuse on our way back from New York City to Toronto. Teh hotel just went through a recent renovation. I really enjoy the format and lay out of the new Courtyrads by Marriot. They are similar to each other location which is a nice feeling. gain the amenities are nice to have instead of being nicle and dimed by other big chain hotels. Its nice to access a wireless link without getting dinged with an extra charge. The fitness room and swimming pool met the needs of myself and our son very well. Do yourself a favour next time your are travelling and don't need to be right in the middle of the action, stay at a Courtyard by Marriot

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. Glad to hear that you are a fan of our newly remodeled hotel! We now feature the Bistro which serves breakfast, Starbucks coffee, dinner and a selection of beer and wine; I hope you got to try one of our tasty dishes. Sounds like you and your son were able to kick back and relax in our pool and sauna area. We look forward to your next visit!
new york
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We stayed with our grandson at the Courtyard Marriot in April 2012. We found large sparkling clean guest rooms. The hotel has a indoor pool and a hotub/whirlpool. The onsight Bistro has delicious food to eat in or take to your room. The hotel has a "Go Board" a jumbo touch screen monitor for printable directions to anyplace you want to go. It is close to the Syracuse Airport, Rosamond Gifford Zoo, Carousel Center and the MOST Science Museum. It offers free WiFi to guest at the Hotel. You will not be disappoited with your stay at the Courtyard Marriott.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at The Courtyard in East Syracuse. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of our many amenities that we have to offer, including our wonderful touch interactive "Go Board", indoor pool & hot tub, and our wonderful Bistro! Next time you will have to try a delicious Starbucks coffee that we now feature!
We look forward to seeing you on your next to Syracuse.
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 27 July 2012

In town for Salt City Soccer Tournament w/kids. Mom had to go to New Jersey - so its quality time with Dad this weekend.

Very friendly upon arrival. Received the discount the Team had set up and had our room with the team block. All is good.

BUT

No water to toilet and bath/shower. They had to shut off the water for part of the property some time earlier today and I guess it did not come back on for our room.

They asked if we wanted to move but I told them I would prefer it if they could fix it. Instead - maintenance man just shows up with cart to move us. (Of course we had already unpacked everyone.) So we pack back up - and I assume we are just moving down the hall and still with the rest of the team.

Nope.

We end up going back to the elevator - traipsing back across the lobby with all our belongings and then taking an elevator BACK to the 3rd floor in an entire other wing of the property. Hard to believe there was not ONE room on the original side of the property we could have moved to.

So much for being next to the rest of the team.

I know the hotel doesn't care but this is compounded by the fact that I am here with my son and daughter who are playing on fields 10 miles apart at different times - so my 11 year old daughter has to be chauferred by other parents. Parents who are no longer just a couple doors down but across the entire property. Guess she won't be sleeping in but getting up early with my son and I so I can take the time to deliver her across the property.

We chose THIS hotel because her team was here and she wanted to stay with them. We could have stayed at the DoubleTree next door (where we stayed with no issues last year) with my son's team - but she really wanted to be with HER team.

Now I wish we hadn't since we are now basically with neither team.

And the funny part is - in all this - I have yet to hear one apology (from maintenance guy who moved us or the front desk as we walked by). Oh - they apologized when I called about the water problem and said they'd send someone up - but no apology @ having to move.

NOT the level of service I usually associate with Marriot.

I guess it is not really the hotels fault. (?) I guess we should just be grateful they had another room for us. But somehow I remain somewhat dissatisfied.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Merek12
I wanted to thank you for taking the time by giving us feedback as to your stay with us for the Soccer Tournament. We appreciate it and always look forward to teams that choose us as their hotel.I am happy that we were able to accommodate the team being near each other too.
I wanted to extend my deepest apologies for the water not working in your room and for no one apologizing in person to you.
We do have high expectations and our guests are number one priority here at The Courtyard. I totally understand your frustration with having to change rooms too, and again I apologize for that.
I do hope that you will give us another chance to make your next visit more memorable.
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2012

it's a little tough to find but worth it once you are here. as it has been recently renovated, the bed was perfect and the bathroom very clean; what more can you ask?

Room Tip: request an 'even number' room if you want to avoid the strong afternoon sun.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Thanks for sharing your recent experience with us at The Courtyard in East Syracuse. I am thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and got to take advantage of our newly renovated hotel, including our brand new beds!! Glad to hear the my staff was warm and welcoming too! I will definitely pass along your kind words! Looking forward to your next stay with us while in Syracuse.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I stayed here for one night last week. Coming from the thruway, it is a short drive through the Carrier Circle rotary - just look for all of the other hotels and take the final Exit off of the rotary before it takes you back to where you started from. From there you drive straight and make a left and it is easy to be visually guided.

Check in was fast and friendly. The lobby is updated with a sitting area and restaurant. The restaurant is a bit too modern from a decor perspective and although nice on its own it kind of
sticks out a bit aesthetically.

As a freshly renovated Courtyard Marriott, this one has left behind the traditional large check in desk in favor of one person kiosks. The employee who checked me in informed me breakfast was included at that modern counter/restaurant. I couldn't grasp the whole concept - on the one hand it was nice that instead of the typical two/three star hotel breakfast buffet they had a Panera Bread/coffee shop style counter with an overhead menu (incl prices). I imagine once choosing your dish you could then order it, sit down and have a made to order meal. The selections seemed yummy and all I only wish there was someone behind the counter to ask! Since I was in a little bit of a rush that morning and needed to be somewhere by a certain time I chose not to hunt down someone and await a meal. It seems like a modern and thoughtful approach to breakfast and perhaps one day I will be able to partake should circumstance and time permit it!

So back to the room - I had a room on the third floor. This layout is my least favorite of the Marriott brand hotels with the bed sharing the bathroom wall and facing the window instead of on the long wall facing the TV like 99% of other hotel rooms in this class of hotel. This dislike comes purely from a design perspective as, invariably, I find myself tripping over the bed during late night bathroom trips and craning my neck to watch TV at an odd angle from the bed.

Nonetheless the room was spotless and completely updated. There was a little bit of noise from another room's TV but it was hard to pinpoint whether it was coming from next door or the floor below. Turning my TV on effectively drowned out the noise so this was a non issue for me but might be a concern for others. There was also some noise from passing cars on the Interstate but the TV drowned that out too. I suspect a room on a lower level would solve this particular issue.

The bathroom was spacious with the sink outside the room. Directly opposite the sink was a counter that housed the coffee maker and assorted accessories that go along with it as well as the hair dryer. I liked this extra counter space because it provided a place to set things down and allowed for a clutter free sink area.

Something else I really liked about this place was there were plenty of electrical outlets liberally scattered throughout the room. From the desk to the bathroom and all points in between if you need to charge your phone or plug in a hair dryer you won't have to go searching for an outlet.

I suspect there are deals to be had here on an off weekend but since Syracuse is a college town staying here during peak college travel dates will not leave you much room for bargaining.

I would stay here again and next time I will definitely stay for breakfast to check out what they have going on!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Hello, thank you very much for taking the time to give us some wonderful feedback. Your directions were right on the mark and hopefully will be quite useful for our future guests.

Glad to hear you that you had a fantastic check in experience including our new guest pods! We are thrilled with our two guests pods that breaks Marriott’s traditional one long desk separating us from our guests. We are now able to come from behind our working station and can now be more personable with each and every guest.

We are proud of our new Bistro featuring our “grab and go” menu items! I do apologize for our slow service and this was addressed. Currently no Courtyards are offering complimentary breakfast, so sorry about the confusion. Our Bistro was designed with our guests’ needs in mind, we listened and we responded. We now feature fresh Starbucks to compliment any breakfast menu item! Upon your next visit you will definitely have to sample one of our delicious menu items. The 'Healthy Start' is my favorite sandwich.

We do offer Marriotts’ traditional complimentary coffee from the hours of 5:00 AM - 10:00 AM, so I am thinking that upon your departure it was after these hours.

Thank you for all of the wonderful response regarding our newly renovated rooms too! We appreciate any and all feedback that we get from our guests.

We hope to see you again in the near future at The Courtyard by Marriott in East Syracuse.