“Very accessible (right off the Highway)”

Courtyard Syracuse Carrier Circle
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Reviewed 19 September 2012

This hotel was very clean, easy to get to as it is right off the highway and has restaurants very close by. The staff is very helpful and friendly. We went to the New York State fair and this hotel was a great price and only about 15 min drive to the fair. The breakfast was good but if you don't want to eat at the Marriott there are restaurants in walking distance to the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2012

Thanks very much for the review! I am thrilled to hear about your experience and that my staff was very helpful during your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your breakfast from our Bistro and hope that you enjoyed a Starbucks coffee too. We look forward to your next visit at The Courtyard in East Syracuse.

Reviewed 11 September 2012

We went to Syracuse for a week end get away and Tricia wanted to do some shopping we picked this hotel because of the name that we like{ Marriott}. The staff was very friendly and was also impressed with the manager here also she had a great attitude and answered any questions we had about the area.We asked for a room upgrade and lucky for us we got one and it was a nice room with separate sitting area and a TV and fridge and microwave love seat and 2 comfy chairs.The bed room had a comfortable king bed and flat screen TV also .The hotel had free Marriott Brand coffee but star bucks could be purchased.The only thing not impressed with was the breakfast bar $18 for a couple sandwiches that were pre made and heated up not pleasant experience. It is to bad it did not have a regular restaurant here. Location is great for taking a short drive to shopping and there is at least 3 restaurants with in short walking distance .It still surprises us that they do not take Canadian money even though its worth more then there money is right now and they could be more aware of our currency since many Canadians go there.Next time we visit Syracuse we will for sure check this place out again.

Room Tip: 3Rd floor is not has noisy and remember to change setting on heating &cooling fan to auto make...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience. I am thrilled to hear that my staff went above and beyond to take care of all of your needs, including a room upgrade. We are pleased that we offer refrigerators in each room and free WiFi and flat screen TV's. All of our breakfast options are made fresh to order; 'some' of them are portioned out ahead of time and then are cooked to order. We have several breakfast options for you to choose from including eggs (or egg whites) cooked to order, with choice of meat (crisp bacon, sausage, or Canadian turkey bacon), toast and Bistro potatoes. In addition we have delicious thick cut french toast made fresh to order. I hope that you will our Bistro another try next time. I am pleased that you chose us for your hotel needs and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Very clean & modern rooms right off the freeway. Very nice courtyard on inside of hotel. Would recommend for anyone. Only stayed as a layover to drive to Toronto but was excellent. Coffee down in lobby in AM. Easy check out.

• Stayed: August 2012
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us at The Courtyard in East Syracuse. I am pleased to hear that our staff were able to answer the necessary questions and were able to upgrade you too! It sounds like you were able to get a sound sleep on our brand new beds that are in each and every room. We now have flat screen TVS and refrigerators in every room too.
We do accept Diners Club, Discover, American Express, Visa, and MasterCard as method of payments and look forward to your next shopping trip.
Thank you again!

Reviewed 15 August 2012

We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriot in East Syracuse on our way back from New York City to Toronto. Teh hotel just went through a recent renovation. I really enjoy the format and lay out of the new Courtyrads by Marriot. They are similar to each other location which is a nice feeling. gain the amenities are nice to have instead of being nicle and dimed by other big chain hotels. Its nice to access a wireless link without getting dinged with an extra charge. The fitness room and swimming pool met the needs of myself and our son very well. Do yourself a favour next time your are travelling and don't need to be right in the middle of the action, stay at a Courtyard by Marriot

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. Glad to hear that you are a fan of our newly remodeled hotel! We now feature the Bistro which serves breakfast, Starbucks coffee, dinner and a selection of beer and wine; I hope you got to try one of our tasty dishes. Sounds like you and your son were able to kick back and relax in our pool and sauna area. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 31 July 2012

We stayed with our grandson at the Courtyard Marriot in April 2012. We found large sparkling clean guest rooms. The hotel has a indoor pool and a hotub/whirlpool. The onsight Bistro has delicious food to eat in or take to your room. The hotel has a "Go Board" a jumbo touch screen monitor for printable directions to anyplace you want to go. It is close to the Syracuse Airport, Rosamond Gifford Zoo, Carousel Center and the MOST Science Museum. It offers free WiFi to guest at the Hotel. You will not be disappoited with your stay at the Courtyard Marriott.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at The Courtyard in East Syracuse. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of our many amenities that we have to offer, including our wonderful touch interactive "Go Board", indoor pool & hot tub, and our wonderful Bistro! Next time you will have to try a delicious Starbucks coffee that we now feature!
We look forward to seeing you on your next to Syracuse.

Reviewed 27 July 2012

In town for Salt City Soccer Tournament w/kids. Mom had to go to New Jersey - so its quality time with Dad this weekend.

Very friendly upon arrival. Received the discount the Team had set up and had our room with the team block. All is good.

BUT

No water to toilet and bath/shower. They had to shut off the water for part of the property some time earlier today and I guess it did not come back on for our room.

They asked if we wanted to move but I told them I would prefer it if they could fix it. Instead - maintenance man just shows up with cart to move us. (Of course we had already unpacked everyone.) So we pack back up - and I assume we are just moving down the hall and still with the rest of the team.

Nope.

We end up going back to the elevator - traipsing back across the lobby with all our belongings and then taking an elevator BACK to the 3rd floor in an entire other wing of the property. Hard to believe there was not ONE room on the original side of the property we could have moved to.

So much for being next to the rest of the team.

I know the hotel doesn't care but this is compounded by the fact that I am here with my son and daughter who are playing on fields 10 miles apart at different times - so my 11 year old daughter has to be chauferred by other parents. Parents who are no longer just a couple doors down but across the entire property. Guess she won't be sleeping in but getting up early with my son and I so I can take the time to deliver her across the property.

We chose THIS hotel because her team was here and she wanted to stay with them. We could have stayed at the DoubleTree next door (where we stayed with no issues last year) with my son's team - but she really wanted to be with HER team.

Now I wish we hadn't since we are now basically with neither team.

And the funny part is - in all this - I have yet to hear one apology (from maintenance guy who moved us or the front desk as we walked by). Oh - they apologized when I called about the water problem and said they'd send someone up - but no apology @ having to move.

NOT the level of service I usually associate with Marriot.

I guess it is not really the hotels fault. (?) I guess we should just be grateful they had another room for us. But somehow I remain somewhat dissatisfied.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Merek12

I wanted to thank you for taking the time by giving us feedback as to your stay with us for the Soccer Tournament. We appreciate it and always look forward to teams that choose us as their hotel.I am happy that we were able to accommodate the team being near each other too.
I wanted to extend my deepest apologies for the water not working in your room and for no one apologizing in person to you.
We do have high expectations and our guests are number one priority here at The Courtyard. I totally understand your frustration with having to change rooms too, and again I apologize for that.
I do hope that you will give us another chance to make your next visit more memorable.

Reviewed 17 July 2012

it's a little tough to find but worth it once you are here. as it has been recently renovated, the bed was perfect and the bathroom very clean; what more can you ask?

Room Tip: request an 'even number' room if you want to avoid the strong afternoon sun.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Thanks for sharing your recent experience with us at The Courtyard in East Syracuse. I am thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and got to take advantage of our newly renovated hotel, including our brand new beds!! Glad to hear the my staff was warm and welcoming too! I will definitely pass along your kind words! Looking forward to your next stay with us while in Syracuse.