“In Syracuse NY? Dont bother staying anywhere but here!”

Courtyard Syracuse Carrier Circle
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Each year my family and I go to syracuse a few times, for the NY State fair, Destiny USA and SU basketball games. Recently was our first time at this hotel, and after a magnificent stay, I will not bother to book anywhere else. From a fabulous lobby with a fantastic bistro, to a super clean indoor pool area, this hotel has it all and at a fair price. The staff was remarkably knowledgable and friendly and went above and beyond to make my husband and I and my teens feel welcome. While our teens were in the pool in the evening, my husband and I were able to enyoy wine together in the bistro. The rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious, and the entire hotel is modern and updated. Easy to find off the I-90 thruway, this hotel has it all and I commend the management for a well trained, friendly staff and a hotel experience we thoroughly enjoyed.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear nyyankeegirl2,

Thank you for all the kind things about our hotel. I'm so glad you enjoyed your first (hopefully not your last) stay and were able to enjoy the pool and the Bistro. We look forward to having you and your family back with us soon!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Syracuse Carrier Circle

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Stayed at the East Syracuse Courtyard on 8/27/13. The hotel was very clean and updated. The staff was friendly and helpful, particularlly the restaurant staff. The food was quite good, much better than I expected. There were a couple 'healthy' selections for breakfast which was a big plus for me. The rooms were good...typical for a newer courtyard. My only negative about this hotel was the exercise room was very small and not well ventilated. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I would stay there again next time through.

Room Tip: The third floor is best...quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We stayed at this property five years ago and what a difference a half-decade makes. The lobby and rooms have been updated to the modern Courtyard Marriott concept, open lobby with bistro, sitting area and small bar and rooms more sleek and family/work focussed.

This property is situated on the I-90 (toll State interstate) one exit east of the I-81 ... 15 mins norht max from Destiny USA (formerly the Carousel Mall) and 45 mins east of the Waterloo Premium Outlets and about one hour and plus from over a dozen Finger Lakes area wineries. This is a big property in a square shape with a mid-sized indoor pool and average gym.

In terms of nighttime dining you have a Ruby Tuesday's and Justin's grill within walking distance although these and other nearby eateries get busy on weekend nights due to a collection of hotels in the same precinct ... Residence Inn, Fairfield Suites, Embassy Suites and a few other value hotel properties all within a two-minute drive.

The only drawback may be sports teams especially in the fall to spring window but if you have kid in these tourneys, you don't think so. :-)

Room Tip: Rooms away from the lobby are preferable ... and if you get the second floor, elevators are few and...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thank you very much for making time to write this review. I'm so glad you have come back and noticed the huge improvement we made to our hotel since you last stayed with us. You made great points about our convenient access to the highways, local shopping desinations and walking distance to three very good restaurants: Grimaldi's, Justin's and Ruby Tuesdays. We hope to see you back here soon!

Reviewed 27 May 2013

The staff at this Courtyard were great over our two day stay at this Courtyard. It is located right off NY thruway and is best if you're just passing through the area. Room size was fine for our family of four and the rooms were clean. The pool was OK but a bit on the cold side. Value is just OK compared to other Courtyard's on the thruway.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I stayed at courtyard on easters weekend for three nights on the third floor and we really enjoyed our stay . the hotel is extremely clean and well decorated I loved every aspect of it! The staff were super friendly and very accommodating . We will definitely go back to it ! The beds are so comfy the only issue was the a/c it was a bit noisy they need some updating.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I ahve been staying here for close to 10 years on a montly basis. The hotel has underogone many changes. This hotel has undergone the changeover as has most. Not a huge fan of it but still. Service is great, people always are happy and responsive. Fitness center is decent, if you want a full workout ask for a pass to the local club. 1 mile away and has all that you would want. A couple of decent restaraunts within walking distance if your feeling lazy. Plently of other options close by if you want pub food or better fare.

Can't go wrong here, even if rate is high.

Last thing, ask for a room facing the inside of the hotel, sometime you can hear the thruway.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Dear David,

I appreciate your long term loyalty to our hotel and to Marriott! Thank you very much for providing your feedback and educating everyone out there about the excellent restaurants within walking distance as well as offering a free pass to the local health club. We also have our Bistro which serves breakfast and dinner.

Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

We spent 3 nights in a clean well appointed room. I like the new Courtyard re design, especially the lobby area. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. My only grief was the exercise room was not equipped well.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Mickeyduke,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and feedback. I'm glad you enjoy the new Courtyard re-design and had a a good experience. You will be happy to know that although we may not have the largest exercise room, we do have free passes available at the front desk to a local gym that has everything you need. It is just a 2 minute drive down the road.