“1st Stay”

Courtyard Syracuse Carrier Circle
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Well maintained, clean reasonable rate for the area. Stayed 2 nights found the staff to above average. Great smiles, great attitudes great smiles made you feel right at home. Marriott needs to appreciate this staff it may well be one of a kind and one they what to hold on to. The Bistro service was above average. Room was clean and comfortable, high speed worked well and business center was well stocked and worked well. Bed was a little on the firm side.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Very comfortable hotel. Beautifully decorated lobby and rooms. Everything felt very clean. Iur room appeared warm and inviting. Our bed was super comfortable.

Staff was welcoming. We only stayed for one night. We managed to use the fitness room. Small but met my needs.

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 17 March 2014

After an excellent stay in VT, we tried another Courtyard on our trip home. The pictures on the wall were the same as was the exact layout of the lobby. The Starbucks in the lobby was disappointing as both our drinks were 3/4 full and had more foam than espresso, even though we asked for none. The bed was very comfortable but the door to the outside was drafty and cold, even when completely shut. We has called from the road to see about room availability and received a price much higher than our check in price. Call the hotel directly if you are going to reserve something here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank garyinmichigan
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Gary,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on your stay here this past week. At Courtyard, we strive for consistency and always do our best to deliver a positive consistent product and service. I apologize the Starbucks was not up to standard. I do appreciate you sharing that experience so we can follow up to ensure this doesn't happen again. I also am sorry to hear that there was a draft and it was cold outside your room. We will check on that to make sure that issue is corrected as well. We take all feedback good, bad and neutral seriously to help make ourselves better and one of the best.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Overall a great hotel and great value. My family and I stayed there for one night while we moved between houses. The staff was fantastic and upgraded us a suite for no charge (one of the perks of being Platinum), which was a pleasant bonus. The room did not have working heat (I have the work luck with hotels and heat) and they promptly sent up the engineer tech. He was quite friendly and, though he could not get the heat working, he went out of his way to get us a free breakfast for the trouble.

The kids loved the swimming pool and spa, which made the stay much more pleasant for all of us... kids+bored+hotel is a bad recipe, so thank god for a nice indoor pool! The rooms were clean and nice; outside of the heat not working in the winter, I would say it was perfect.

I deducted a star for unfixable heat, although they did provide blankets and breakfast as comp. There were no more rooms to move to, which is way we stayed in the room. I really can't say enough how friendly the staff was from check in to the end of the stay. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

PS - has been recently renovated, so keep that in mind when reading reviews that call it dated.

Room Tip: There are 3 suites in the center of the hotel, one on each floor. Well worth it for the extra space...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Joseph,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm so glad to hear you had an enjoyable experience and enjoyed the upgraded suite. I know being in between houses can be difficult so I'm glad to hear we could help in a small way. I apologize for the heating issue, particularly during this time of year. I'm glad to hear everything else was great and you enjoyed breakfast.

PS. Thank you for letting everyone know we've been recently renovated! I know that can make a huge difference with many people.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I didn't spend too long at this Courtyard. It is located about 15-20 minutes from the Syracuse airport, not as close as you might think when you see it on the map.

It was comfortable and clean and I was greeted with a friendly, warm smile and that was good enough for a 11 hour stay before the flight home. I did not take advantage of any of amenities of the hotel. like the Bistro or the pool, instead opting for the rest. I would certainly stay here again if business brought me here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Good hotel in the middle of nowhere, and without access to public transportation, you are looking to renting a car or have the hotel call a cab for you every time you wish to go to the city, which would be quite pricey.

Other than that, it is a really nice and cozy hotel, with a god indoors pool, and nice restaurants nearby.

Go there if you want a quiet getaway from the city.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Ezz K,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay here at Courtyard Carrier Circle in East Syracuse. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, although you felt it was a little out of the way.

For some people, it may seem a little out of the way, but it's actually 10-15 minutes from downtown Syracuse and Syracuse University, with easy access to all major highways. We're right off of Carrier Circle (Exit 35) off of I-90, the New York State thruway which is near many area businesses and attractions.

Thanks again for staying with us and sharing your feedback.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed for a night at this courtyard on our way to NYC. Hotel staff are very friendly, hotel is recently renovated and in excellent conditions. Rooms are very clean. I definetly recommend this hotel

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family