“nice for one night”

Americas Best Value Inn - East Syracuse
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stayed here one night. Room was small had one queen bed. But it was clean and the bed was comfortable. There were smoking rooms next to non-smoking so the hallway smelled like smoke but not our room. Breakfast was light, but coffee was good. The room's heater did not work, but I didn't bother to get it corrected, so I can't say how it would have been handled.

Would recommend for a quick over night stay

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Great location and an even better price. A salesman's destination. Clean, fairly up to date, small but who cares! I need a clean bed & internet and I am back on the road in the morning. There is a breakfast but I try not to eat that stuff. Not for a romantic overnight and if it is you are kidding yourself!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Warning when you book, there are hidden fees, I booked a room for 49.00 and there were over 20.00 in fees that the customer service line could not explain. So a 49.00 room cost 70.00.
Also there are cancellation fees of about 10.00, so not as good a deal then it appears.

Room Tip: Call the Hotel directly and get a quote, do not use the on line services.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I was initially very apprehensive when I looked at the reviews for all the chain 'inns' in this area for breaking our journey for the night for our long weekend trip to Niagara.
TRAVEL TIP for low-end motels/inns. Ask to see the room before checking-in. I had called ahead couple of places to make sure they had rooms available. We got a clean room, i checked for clean sheets, bed was nice n hard, although comforter was dated n scary. bathroom was also quite ok. This place is definitely dated and I was afraid to put any clothes on cushioned bench(stained) Breakfast was okay as is in places like days inn etc.Based on the other hotel reviews I read in this area,I'd say this one is okay.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before checking in.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

I got there after a day of shopping with my spouse, got there, front desk clerc was nice, got the room, very strong smell of piss everywhere, room was smaller than my guest room at home (which isin't that big), we automatically left to search for an other room (which we found within an hour) went back to the hotel and asked for a refund, the clerk advised that if we had been there before within 30 minutes he could of done something but now he couldn't. I threw the keys at him and told him to keep his 60$ at that point it was still better to pay and sleep somewhere else! Would never go there even if it was free!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 3 August 2013

This place barely passes as a hotel. Emergency door is broken and anyone can enter the property. Bathroom smells of pee and cushions and chair are badly stained. I stayed for one night as a single male, but I wouldn't stay here with women or children. Not secure.

Room Tip: Just stay away from the place unless you are simply looking for a place to crash. Women and childre...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I booked one of the rooms at the East Syracuse Americas Best Value Inn during the month of June 2013. I live in the Syracuse area but was just looking for a decent place to get away from work and relax for a couple of nights with my fiance. I wanted something in a pretty low price range and ABVI definitely hit that mark at around $45-$55/night. Additionally, I found that when booking directly from their website I could apply for their member rewards card and get an additional 15% off my stay. So I booked my reservations and ended up getting the room at a great low rate of $40 (not including taxes). Overall the reviews for the motel on Tripadvisor were pretty positive but I tried to prepare myself to not keep my expectations too high because it just seemed like it might be too good to be true....honestly how good can a place be for $40 a night during a summer travel weekend? It turned out to be surprisingly better than I expected. On the plus side the location is a bit tucked back away from the Carrier circle area so while you have the benefit of being very close (less than 1/2 mile) to a thruway on ramp and major highways, but thankfully you do not have the traffic noise that the more costly hotels right on the circle have to deal with. The lobby and guest breakfast area/lounge were very clean when I arrived and my check in process was quick and easy. I appreciated that I was given 2 keys and the desk clerk informed me that they had free popcorn downstairs in the evenings and we were welcome to watch the big flat screen tv in the lounge anytime. When I carried my bags up to the room and opened the door I honestly laughed out loud...it had to be the teeny tiniest motel room I had ever seen. Mind you, I have stayed at a Microtel in the past but I cringe to say I think this room was even a bit smaller than that. I rolled with it though since I had a nice view from my window and I was honestly just looking forward to being out of the summer heat. We had been experiencing a really intense heatwave (3 straight weeks of 90+ degrees and high humidity everyday) in the area and honestly all I wanted to do was crank the AC and relax. I was a bit surprised that nobody had thought to turn the AC on in the room before I arrived (?) since I booked the room for 2 nights a couple of weeks prior to that. There were only a handful of guests at the motel at the time so I kind of figured since business was a bit slow there it might have been a nice gesture to do something like that for guests before the arrival to ensure the rooms where cool and comfortable when they arrived. Oh well. When I got in there it was honestly even hotter in the room than it was outdoors. I turned on the AC and hopped in the shower expecting that at least by the time I got out the room would be a few degrees cooler than before. Unfortunately, that was not the case. I'm not sure what was going on with the air conditioner but it has some sort of automatic setting that would only allow it to blow cold air for about 5 minutes before switching back to a low fan setting the rest of the time. I sat there trying to be patient about it while trying to apply my makeup with beads of sweat rolling down my face the entire time. I did not want to whine to the front desk about it since I already had most of my things unpacked and I had just used the shower and towels. I figured perhaps the AC unit was an older model and maybe it needed to run a little while before really kicking in. After about 3 hours it finally managed to start blowing cold air out and while it was not nearly as cool as I expected it should be at least it provided a little bit of relief to the heat- and honestly, I paid $40 a night so I figured this was probably as good as it was going to get. The only other qualms I had about the motel were that though the room was listed as a 'king' I can definitely say that the mattress was not even close to a king size. My fiance stayed over and once we were both seated on the mattress we realized that the bed was about the same size as my futon mattress at home,so it was more like a double. On the plus side the sheets and blankets were clean and they gave us extra pillows (I always ask for them but rarely, if ever, get them). There was a large mirror behind the bed that spans almost the entire wall which was pretty strange. I felt very uncomfortable standing in front of it when I was undressed because the glass has a deep tint to it and I sort of felt as if I were on an episode of Law & Order in the witness interrogation room :-D I appreciated the fact that the ice machine was not a far walk from our room (since we went through a lot of ice that weekend!) and there were vending machines on each floor. The housekeeping staff were very kind and attentive (I believe it was a husband and wife working together which was very sweet) and though I didn't love that they overlooked our do not disturb sign on the door the first morning and we had to tell them we were still in, it is nice that they were willing to come back and tidy up while we were out later on during the afternoon. We stayed at the motel for 2 nights and honestly did not encounter one unpleasant or unhappy employee at the location which is always nice to see and even though there were a few things that could have been improved upon, overall I did not hinder us from having a relaxing weekend together.

Room Tip: I believe that all the rooms in this motel are the same (with the exception of the handicap accessib...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MFosterNy
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Syracuse
Red Roof Inn Syracuse
Red Roof Inn Syracuse
#16 of 31 in Syracuse
Quality Inn Syracuse Carrier Circle
Quality Inn Syracuse Carrier Cir...
#16 of 19 in East Syracuse
Best Western Plus East Syracuse Inn
Ramada East Syracuse Carrier Circle
Fairfield Inn & Suites Syracuse Carrier Circle
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#4 of 19 in East Syracuse

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - East Syracuse? Share your experiences!