“One night not enough”

CrestHill Suites Syracuse
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Clean, spacious, friendly and highly recommended by me!
Big TV, 2 queens size beds, lounge area, desk area, closet and even 2 min noodles available to buy for a late night snack. Value for $ and there are laundry facilities, pool and gym. Definitely would return.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank MargaritaS575
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you so much for the very nice review. I agree, the combination of the price plus all the little extras, make CrestHill suites a super value!
hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The staff at Crest Hill Suites could not have been nicer. A HELLO from everyone you passed. There was nothing they wouldn't do for our large group. I did not catch the gentleman's name who ran with a box of Kleenex when the baby in our group sneezed. Suites were large and clean with a full sized fridge and stove. Our meeting room was large with a new fridge. We initiated their Bar B Q!!
I met Jim Stoker and finally put a face to someone I had been talking (e-mailing ) to for months. He popped in early Saturday morning just to see if everything was OK..it was. We are booking our next reunion at the Crest Hill Suites!!

1  Thank Mookie747
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Mookie,
Thank you for allowing CrestHill Suites the honor of hosting your family reunion this year. I am truly glad everything went smoothly for your family. We certainly look forward to hosting it again next year.
See you next year,

Reviewed 14 May 2014

My wife and I have stayed there somewhere between 10 and 12 times over the past four years while our son was a student at Syracuse University. First and foremost is the professionalism and courteousness of the staff. Always accommodating, Shad, Amanda, and Leo have treated us great every time we've been there. Our rooms have always been clean, and we've often brought family, often getting up to 3 rooms per stay. You can't beat the price for a suite with a small functional kitchen, fridge, living room (with flat screen), and separate bedroom (with flat screen) with a bathroom/shower. It's nice to be able to spread out in a room like this. We've often gone to the outdoor patio or the breakfast area (sort of a lounge - no bar) with small groups and brought our beverages with us. You are approximately 15 minutes from campus, an easy drive.

A great restaurant "Joey's" (the 'classic' side in the basement) has outstanding food and is 5 minutes from the hotel on the other side of the circle. Other restaurants I highly recommend: Delmonico's (we go there every time we're in town) and Dinosaur Bar-B-Que (great bar-b-que, funky, always crowded - plan on a wait). We always had fun at Kitty Hoynes (Irish pub downtown).

We're Marriott rewards members, and I'll pass on the points to save money by staying at Cresthill. When you make parent visits, the cash you save makes it easier to deal with going out to eat, going to the bookstore, etc... all the costs that add up every visit.

The only other tip I'll leave you with is this: Book early for the busy weekends such as Parents Weekend, graduation weekend, or big basketball games.

Cresthill is a great value, with a great staff!

Room Tip: They also have doubles - One suite with the living room kitchen in the middle and a bedroom/bathroom...
1  Thank G W
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Hello Gman76,
Thank you so much for the kind words for the staff and the hotel. We sincerely "thank you" for your loyalty through the years. Safe travels to you and your family. Thank you!

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed here several times the rooms are very nice. The price is great. For some reason they had I booked 2 rooms even when I told them the day before it was just 1. But they took care of that. I couldn't understand when I called the front desk from my room and ask them to recommend a pizza place that delivers the girl tells me there's menus at the front desk. Which was a ways from my room.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Bill,
Thank you for your recent review on the hotel. We thank you for the positive comments! Being an independent hotel, we are able to keep the rates affordable and fair to our guests. We work extremely hard as we do not have a national name presence. We allow the local eateries to place their menus and brochures down in the lobby for all guests to review and choose from rather than cluttering up the desks in each room. thank you and safe travels, we hope to see you soon!
Jim Stocker.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

My wife and I are very well travelled. We look for a clean ,comfortable,friendly place to feel at home while we are travelling. The Cresthill tops our list of favourites and would not entertain staying anywhere else while in Syracuse. The Manager Mr. Stocker is to be commended for his attention to detail and his untiring desire to please his guests. And if you are very fortunate you may be greeted by Leo " the ultimate gentleman " at the front desk. You will know him when you see him. Friends I looked for something that I could offer as an improvement but could not. Trust me , you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: All suites are extremely well kept and modern.

Fred,
Thank you so much for the very positive review..... We certainly are glad you found your new home away from home....We look forward to your return visit. Leo is still sitting at the door waiting each day to see you come through the front door! Safe travels and see you again soon on your next visit to Syracuse.
Thank you!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I found this hotel by accident when my regular place was full. Now I have a new "regular" place to stay when I am in Syracuse, NY It is located very close to our branch office and the rooms are very comfortable and clean. this was a nice discovery!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for discovering our hotel, we are glad you have a new home away from home! Please stop by the front desk and introduce yourself the next time you are in the hotel! Thank you so much for the nice review!

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel was satisfactory. The breakfast was satisfactory. The beds and pillows were very comfortable and the room was clean. However, I would caution the traveller about expecting a two bed suite as pictured on sites such as Priceline . I purchased this room on Priceline and upon checking in was told the room I purchased was a one bed room and I could upgrade for another 20$, thus not making the room a very good deal. I would also agree this is not what one would typically expect a three star hotel to be.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank StinaDal
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

I am sorry for the confusion that you had when booking your reservations. Unfortunately, we only offer one room type on Priceline. The only room type that can be booked thru any third party internet site is our one bedroom king bedded suite. Our two queen bedded suites are extremely popular and sell out each and every week, however, should they become available, we do offer them for an small additional fee as they usually sell fast and for a much higher amount. Hopefully you enjoyed the other amenities offered when staying with us. Thank you for your review and staying with us.