CrestHill Suites Syracuse
EmbassySuites.com
US$148
US$135
GardenInn.com
Sleep Inn & Suites(East Syracuse)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$95
US$123
Hotels.com
US$111
US$129
US$124
All reviewsfull kitchentwo bedroom suitefront deskoutdoor poollarge bathroomliving areasocial hoursausagehome away from homebed was comfortablefree breakfastyogurthappy hourhot breakfastwould highly recommend this hotelthe general managerwe've stayed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We went to Syracuse for my son's MCAT exam and book this hotel because it was closer to the exam center and read good reviews before. We reserved a room with two queen beds, made the payment very early. Drove there after work for 5 hours from Canada, parked the car in front, went inside, and noticed so many seniors everywhere in the hotel. The first impression was “O' my, we were going to sleep in a senior’s home!!!! “

The nice lady at the reception smiled at us and told us that they have a problem, and they had overbooked rooms, and the room we reserved by paying in full in advance not available!! Bump! There was no surprise in her face, and that sounds like as if it was a pre-made script to be told to us. They split our family in to two seniors’ rooms instead. I suddenly recollect reading few other old reviews posted by previous guests who got the same treatment. It was happening to us….!

We carried our cloths and travel gears in shared bags. My son and I slept in one room and my wife and daughter in one room. I was pretty sad to be separated, after all coming all the way here making a reservation early trusting the hotel. I had to take my clothes in hand to my room, made several hops to the other room time to time to get what I needed from the bag. What a hassle we had that night!

To make the things worst, I was awaked around 3:30am sweating to see my son also siting on the bed. The air conditioner was not working! We couldn't sleep the rest of the night. In the shower water was not draining and filling the tub, and had fun shower in a water filled tub ankle high. The other room was OK as per my wife.

But to be fair to the hotel, the staff was really nice, the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was delicious and plenty. Overall, the hotel looks good and clean enough, except for those carpets that needs thorough cleaning. They also could use some perfume to get rid of that mild odour. The rooms we got were very spacious. The in-room kitchen was a bonus. The location of the hotel is good, very quiet and peaceful, has access to highways, major retail stores and GOOD restaurants. If you’ve get a trouble-free room that you’ve reserved and promised, you will have a good stay. We may be an odd family went through an unfortunate night.

If you are travelling with your family who wants to be together, beware! You can be disappointed.

Strike One! Not staying at CrestHill again!

Room Tip: Once you pay and reserve a room it will tell you no need to confirm, but my counsel is to call and make sure that you get your room and you are not thrown into a seniors suite. Make sure as soon as you go in to check everything is working in the room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Oswald J
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

I am very sorry for your unfortunate night here at the hotel. This is not a usual experience that one would receive at CrestHill Suites. Unfortunately, many of our long term quest who have families staying here extend their departure dates, leaving us in a very tough position. I am truly sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused. We certainly hope that you give us another opportunity to prove ourselves to you and your family, if you decide to do so, please contact me personally so I may offer you an acceptable rate and you will be ensured to get the room you reserved as is the case 99.9% of the time. Thank you and we hope you give us another chance. Jim Stocker

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Super friendly people working the front desk. Have a good experience and would recommend. Was cloudy and rainy so we didn't get to use the pool as we planned, but they recommended a great mall to go to.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for mentioning the great front desk staff, they certainly strive to make all our guests happy and satisfied!
Please stop in again when your travels takes you through Central New York, but leave the Nebraska rain at home!
Safe travels!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Two years ago I gave this hotel my best review ever. On a trip this weekend to Syracuse we decided to stay here again. We were pleased at check in to find out we would be in the same two bedroom suite we had two years ago. To our disappointment it was not the same experience. The room had a very musty smell, the floors were damp all over the living room and one of the showers did not work properly. The staff remains very courteous and the overall appearance of the hotel remains pleasant, but this room failed at the most basic level.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank jdegraph

I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment on your recent stay with us.... Prior to your arrival, we had shampooed all our guest room carpets a day before you arrived. I believe that is what left the musty smell in the room as your carpet was still moist.... I apologize for any inconvenience this may have cause. Please understand that we must contract out each quarter to keep these carpets clean and looking good. We certainly hope to see you in the near future should your travels take you to the Syracuse area. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts..

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We read reviews of this hotel on Trip Advisor and it sounded fine so we booked a room for two nights. When we checked in we noticed that the carpet was wet near the air conditioner. The clerk at the front desk said she would send someone to check on it. The next day the carpet was still wet and the desk clerk said someone came to "shampoo" the carpet but there was no evidence of it. We just gave up. We will never stay here again when there are so many other choices in the area. There were stains on the window curtains, shower curtains, etc. There were big nicks in the furniture and wall decorations. We also didn't get the feeling that the room was very clean. The breakfast was one of the good features of the hotel. We didn't use the pool, but it looked nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank melmiike
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

I am very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay. What you experienced is truly not the norm for this hotel. I apologize and invite you to contact me thru our website, so I remedy the problems in that room and can also offer you a complimentary room on your next visit to our area. Thank you for your review and we hope you give us another opportunity to make things right!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed a week in one of the fully furnished 2 bedroom/2 bath suites and it was perfect ! Plenty of room and no one felt like they were on top of anyone ! The location was convenient as we have family in Syracuse, Auburn and Oneida, thruway is right there ! The staff is also amazing since the first phone call I made to book, all of our needs were met and with a smile and we were never made to feel rushed :) Evelyn is just wonderful and Rachel is so sweet and friendly . Everyone made our stay here the best ! We will definitely come back when we are in the area , and who knows , I just might make it to their Happy Hour next time LOL! Washer and dryer was a huge plus too ! No laundry to do when I get back home , Hallelujah !

• Stayed: July 2014
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Good Afternoon Jayme1030,
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write such a nice and informative review of the hotel and a few of it's key staff members. It certainly makes my job easier and far more pleasant to have people like Evelyn and Rachel to work along side with. Both really care about the guests and we exceed their expectations. I agree, the rooms are very roomy. We hope to see you again in the near future when your travels take you to our neck of the woods. Safe travels!