“good night's sleep”

CrestHill Suites Syracuse
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Reviewed 10 August 2014

stayed here four nights while working at the airport. I stopped in early (well before 3PM check in) as I was in dire need of using internet for some work on my computer. The gentleman at the desk graciously let me sit in the lobby to do my work after I explained that I had reservations beginning that night for the week. While I was working, he came over and said my room was ready and he checked me in. That was great because it is always easier for me to work when my truck is not loaded down with my luggage, coolers, computers and other equipment. The room was comfortable, bed comfortable (hence the good night's sleep), breakfast was adequate (decent coffee), didn't really partake too much of the "dinner" although I did have some tossed salad one night and sausage & peppers another. The room was clean with the exception of a couple of stains (carpet and drapes) that probably aren't removable at this point. All staff were friendly with a "good morning" every day. A/C wasn't great as it is much too close to the bed so the fan blows right in to the side of the mattress limiting circulation (poor design) and there is only one A/C unit in a two room suite with a very small vent leading from the bedroom into the living area (again, poor design) and since my room got the afternoon sun, it was a little on the warm side even with the drapes closed all day. There is a heated outdoor pool...mostly kids but I did go in one night when there were no kids around. The hotel is quiet when it needs to be. Housekeeping followed through on the water conservation pledge (hang towels if willing to use again) which is refreshing...I get frustrated with the hotels that have the same pledge but they obviously have forgotten to tell their housekeepers. All in all, a VERY, nice stay.

Room Tip: my room overlooked the courtyard and pool, was concerned with noise level but it was quiet even when...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you very much for such a complete review of the hotel. We certainly hope you share your experience with others. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We booked via Expedia before we left the UK - when we eventually found the place (maybe we should get a GPS for our travels) it was a bit out of the way but were quite satisfied. They upgraded us to a 2 bed 2 bath suite( 1 room with twin queens and a room with a king). This was more than adequate for our needs. Kids were delighted with 3 TVs and the kitchenette was useful. The outdoor pool was chilly but didn't deter 2 boys from swimming in the rain. Breakfast was adequate. Don't think i would want an extended stay but it was clean and service was good. It was a 10 minute drive into Syracuse but there were a few restaurants and a pharmacy were close by. We got the impression that it was used mainly for business purposes but we were happy with what we got for the price.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the positive review, I am so glad that front desk staff member took note of your family and upgraded you to a two bedroom suites. Our staff is our greatest asset and they continue to shine!
Come back soon!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Spent three days in Cresthill Suites a couple of weeks ago and once again we Loved it! It was our third time there and this place is special. Extremely clean and well maintained, great little breakfast and the Happy Hour at 5 well you just can't get any better. Our room a spacious and comfortable suite with all the amenities and finally the service...out if this world good! Amanda at the front desk was a sweetheart! One morning My husband needed some shaving cream and went down to the front desk to purchase it. A man in a suit and tie looked him from behind the counter as he passed him money and said 'put that away the shaving cream is on me'. How can you beat that? Thanks Cresthill for being so warm and inviting and providing the very best in service. My husband and brother will be back in September to visit that CNY Flea Market so take care of them!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Wow,,, that was me with the suit and tie! He really needed a shave and some cleaning up,,,, glad I could help! Hurry back for your forth visit and "Thank you".

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Recently Spent 3 night at ChrestHill suites, and had a very nice stay. Great to have a full kitchen and a separate bedroom. Very comfy bed and lots of comfy pillows. Bathroom needs a little work, the shower stall especially. Housekeeping could also add a little elbow grease to cleaning. The breakfast provided was not the best, but with a full kitchen easy to whip up your own. Also wish hotels would invest in a little better quality coffee.

Would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

I will share your comments immediately with the housekeeping staff. They take great pride in the job they do and continually strive for improvement. come back soon and see the improvements!
Thank you! PS.... Great shopping weekends in October and November at DestinyUSA.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I booked in here for the weekend and we're very impressed with this affordable hotel. Besides featuring fully equipped kitchens, comfortable beds and a heated pool, the hotel also stocks wine for a reasonable price, in case you run out. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Hey Travel Bob,
Come back soon,,, you miss the Stanley Cup as it was here in town, you might never see it again if you stay north of the border!!!! Hope to see you soon and pass the CrestHill Suites word along!
Thank you!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Bed was very comfortable. Sofa had a faint smell of wet dog but that didn't phase us. Would recommend highly - little on the pricey side. Would stay again. Close to the big mall and plenty of restaurants to choose from

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KayDee1971

Thank you so much for your nice review of CrestHill Suites Syracuse. We certain hope you visit again soon!
Safe travels...

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed one night at the CrestHill Suites Syracuse. Nice quiet location just off the I-90. Clean good sized suites which would be perfect business or family travelers. Friendly helpful staff. The complimentary breakfast was a little disappointing in terms of offerings, but acceptable none-the-less. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank drummerhill

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review and share with others your experience at the CrestHill Suites. We are certainly glad you were very satisfied with your accommodations
Thank you and see you soon!
Jim Stocker.