“Very Clean, but charged for breakfast!”

Hilton Garden Inn Syracuse
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Cleveland, Ohio
“Very Clean, but charged for breakfast!”
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Overall we were happy with our stay. The room was clean & tidy. We were looking forward to a quick breakfast and then out the door to a wedding. However, we were surprised to see this very nice hotel CHARGE 9.99 for a breakfast buffet. We have never had this happen before and found this quite costly with a family. This is an identical buffet that we have enjoyed in many other hotel chains for free. Very disappointed. Finding a less expensive breakfast place for our family that morning was time consuming. Shame on you Hilton! We will not stay here again unless that charge is dropped.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Syracuse, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your reviews with trip advisor regarding your recent stay with us. In your review I see that you are dissapointed with the cost of breakfast as it can be costly for a family. I can understand the frustration with the cost for breakfast for a family.This concern will be reviewed. Again, my apologies for your disastifaction.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Plymouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 May 2012

A year ago I gave this property a very mixed review, as the physical condition of the common areas and guest rooms had gotten a bit tired since my original stay in 2007. Furthermore, the quality of the breakfast cuisine had declined badly, and the warm beverage served bore no resemblance whatsover to coffee.

After two subsequent visits in September of last year and a third this month, I am happy to report that needed repairs have been made, the decor has been refreshed, the breakfast food quality is once again excellent and the coffee is actually now drinkable. The front desk staff and housekeeping personnel are excellent as always.

The only remain nit I can find to pick is that the in-room coffee is still terrible. Other HGIs can and do offer in-room coffee that is at least potable, but the Maxwell House offered in East Syracuse is inexcusably poor. How much more could it possibly cost to offer something at least modestly better in quality?

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Bob M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Syracuse, responded to this review, 31 May 2012
Thank you for posting your review with trip advisor regarding your visit to our property. We take our guests comments and feedback seriously as we always strive to be better.
I am glad to hear that you are pleased with the decor, breakfast quality as well as the front desk and housekeeping staff..
I will pass your reveiw along to them for review.
Thank you for bringing the in room coffee to my attention. We will look into improving the quality of the in room coffee.
Again, thank you and we look forward to having you visit us again on your next visit to Syracuse.
New Rochelle, New York
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We have stayed at this hotel before, and stayed there this past weekend. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Kudos to Karen at the front desk - she is awesome!! We have dealt with Karen before, and not only is she efficient, she is helpful and a real delight.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your review with trip advisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit to our property. We always love to hear our guests comments and feedback regarding their stay.
I will certainaly pass along your comments to Karen.
Again, thank you and we hope to see you on your return trip to Syracuse.
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Our first stay at this property was wonderful, absolutely flawless but unfortunately I can't say the same of our Easter weekend visit!
When we showed up at checkin time, 3:00 PM our room wasn't ready and Rick at the front desk was very friendly but when he called over his partner (manager?) he was mad at the world and not shy about it! I had asked for a room facing the front of the property and when he switched us we ended up in the back but we moved in for our 3 night stay, groceries and all.
During the evening when the sun went down we disovered that the heat in the room wasn't working. I'm hardy canadian stock and don't mind the cold but my wife was freezing every night but didn't want me to complain fearing the wrath of management and risk having to pack everything up and moving.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Bob M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Syracuse, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Thank you for letting us know of your stay with us. I want to sincerely apologize for your stay not being a good one. I will address these issues with our staff to ensure this does not happen again. We want to hear feedback from our guests so we can learn from them and strive to do better. I am not sure what room you were in that the heat was not working. I wish you would have called the front desk so we could have corrected the problem.
Columbia, SC
Reviewed 8 May 2012

This was a horrible experience. They put me in a room over the kitchen. The kitchen fan is so loud it literally shakes the walls in the room. It sounds like loose wires flipping around in the ceiling. When I call the front desk, they tell me they will send maintenance to look at the shaking wall, 30 minutes later they call back and say it's the kitchen fan and it will go off at 10. Of course it will come back on in the morning. They also tell me that there is no other room and they can't move me. Never again and I recommend that you go somewhere else. There are lots of hotels in Syracuse and this one is not worth your time or money.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank gimommy
Bob M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Syracuse, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
I want to apologize again for the unpleasant experience. As I stated that morning I thank you for bringing this to my attention. While I know that not charging you for that night does not make up for your dissatisfaction please be assured that we have fixed the problem with your help.
Wabush
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I love this place it is very clean they staff are great. The breakfast in the morning is wonderful. We will be staying here again this summer and can't wait...

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Bob M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Syracuse, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us and will be returning to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you.
Waterdown, Canada
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Stayed here April 27th just to grab some sleep before heading home. Checked in at about 11 pm. Received two complimentary bottles of water as Hhonors members. Staff at front desk were polite, professional and friendly. Hotel appeared to be quite full and we were given a room an the first floor.Unfortunately this appears to be a noisier location just due to being a busy corridor.I have stayed at many Hilton properties but never at a Garden Inn. This was definitely the smallest King room I have ever been in! The bathroom door swings out and will hit the closet door if it is left open. Just a very small room... The room had the usual features such as a fridge,microwave and nice sized desk. It was nice to have a real mug for coffee instead of paper. The bed was comfortable (very low though??) and ventilation and cleanliness was very good. Location to highway very convenient. We left very early and did make use of any other facilities. Would I stay again? Probably not, as there are other Hilton properties in the area and the Garden Inn format may just not suit my needs

Room Tip: Perhaps upgrade to a larger room as a King room is very compact !!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. Our guests feedback is very important to us. I am glad to hear that the front desk was very friendly during your visit.
I am sorry to hear that you may not stay with us again as we do not fit your accomodation needs. We do offer suites at our property that may suit your needs better. If you do choose to come back please inquire about these options, as we would love to have you return.
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Syracuse
CrestHill Suites Syracuse
CrestHill Suites Syracuse
#4 of 19 in East Syracuse
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Syracuse? Share your experiences!