“Friendly staff, peaceful scenery, delicious food,clean and nice.”

Hilton Garden Inn Syracuse
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Syracuse, New York
“Friendly staff, peaceful scenery, delicious food,clean and nice.”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Attended wedding there. It was amazing!! Could see that good, smart thinking went into selecting this venue for a wedding. It was beautiful, with small lake and bridges nearby. Looks great in pictures. It was brilliant and very creative how the conference room was transformed to to look like a chapel for the wedding ceremony and then retransformed for dining and non-stop dancing. Friends and family had fun, fun, fun, and no one had to drive after open bar during cocktail time, dinner and during the reception. One stop accommodation for everything wedding, partying and resting... loved it...No DWIs and SAFETY FIRST!! The food was delicious with great variety. The breakfast the next morning was a nice touch with access to the beautiful patio. Kudos to Eva for her creativity. Thanks to all the staff.. so pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Bob M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Syracuse, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you Joan B for your great review! We appreciate the lovely comments regarding the hotel grounds and are happy to hear that our peaceful location's scenery looked great in your photos. We agree with you in that being able to host or attend a wedding ceremony and/or reception and then walk right up to your room at the end of the night is the safest and most convenient option for anyone, and we are thrilled that you could enjoy your night of family, friends and partying safely. Thank you so much again for your kind comments and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Warnerville NY
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My last stay at this HGI was in November 2010, and it was a very marginal experience -- and I said so, in my review. However, as the property had the best rate for the weekend I was visiting Syracuse, I girded my loins, as they say, and took the plunge.

Four years has seen vast improvement in this hotel. Rooms are in fine shape, with renovations clearly having been done in the interim. It's a typical HGI, with my king room having a sofa bed, a desk and chair, and the microwave/fridge credenza that is so convenient. They've switched out standard coffee makers for Keurigs, which makes a morning brew easier.

The bathroom was in far better shape than the last one, with all fixtures clean, in good shape, and well appointed. And the HVAC system was beautifully quiet and did its job.

Food service here has also improved; I did breakfast here one morning, and while it was typical buffet fare, it was plentiful, fresh, and appropriately-temperatured (hot food hot, cold food cold).

The staff was courteous, friendly and clearly knew what Hilton expects for its guests.

Kudos to Robert McSweeney, the manager then and now, for improving this hotel on such a dramatic scale. I'll be back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Traveling_Psychic
Bob M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Syracuse, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. We appreciate being given a second chance to demonstrate our true ability to serve our guests and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your most recent stay. Thank you again for the excellent comments and I will be sure to share them with our staff. We hope to see you again soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Airport hotel without an airport shuttle? Hilton Garden Inn without a garden? Pub that doesn't open for lunch or late afternoon? $30 un-metered taxis to the airport (only 7.7 miles on a highway for goodness sake!). Went here for a wedding (FYI, NOT pretty enough for a wedding! And terrible catering. Imagine cafeteria or work conference food) and were trapped without a car. Unbelievable that they wouldn't have a shuttle at LEAST to the airport, if not downtown. This is clearly a travelers hotel as it is in the middle of nowhere near absolutely nothing except for the airport, so why make it so expensive, inaccessible, and boring for travelers? Do not go here unless you just need a place to crash, and you have a car. Or if you are very, very boring. Or if you like office parks.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank L P
I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your recent stay at our hotel and that we were not able to accommodate your shuttling requests. I would like to clarify that we are not an airport hotel, nor do we ever advertised ourselves as such, so a shuttle has never been a necessity for this hotel. Please note that our website clearly references that our suburban location is in a secluded office park away from heavy traffic noise which most guests find desireable. Lastly, please note that the bride and groom, along with everyone else that attended the wedding, were very complimentary about the overall quality of food, service and presentation of the wedding reception and as you can read from past Trip Advisor comments, we have had numerous compliments in our ability to expedite wedding receptions. I apologize that it did not meet your expctations. Regards.
North Andover, United States
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed here with my family. Friendly, modern, clean and convenient, I like to stay here when we visit family in the area. Stayed at other hotels in the region before and found this to be the best value around. Excellent hotel. Just loved it ...

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your fantastic comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad you found our staff to be friendly and our property to be a great value for you. We work hard to ensure our guests are comfortable when they stay with us so I will be sure to share your review with our diligent staff. Thank you and we hope to see you soon!
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 10 July 2014

A little off the beaten track, hidden in a business park not far from Carrier Circle, this is a comfortable, typical HGI with a comfortable bed, quiet room, and - big plus - a Keurig coffeemaker in every room. Perfect for a stopover off the NYS Thruway, or a business traveler.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Although our property is located in a business park, as you mentioned, we pride ourselves on being able to give our guests a quiet night of sleep while still being close to Carrier Circle. I am glad you enjoy our Keurig coffeemakers - very convenient for those early mornings! Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon.
Albany, New York
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed at a lovely Hilton Garden Inn in Washington, D.C. In addition, the hotel which holds most conferences and events for my workplace is an HGI, and it's always been a good experience working with them. So, when I was planning a trip to visit my sister and saw the Hilton Garden Inn Syracuse for an extremely reasonable price, I jumped on the opportunity. My expectations were more than met and I was very pleased with the stay.

Rooms: We were in a standard room with two double beds and found it to be a good size and very clean and comfortable. It was tastefully decorated and had a mini fridge, microwave, Keurig, and iron. I also noticed that there were outlets immediately behind the nightstand between the beds, allowing us to plug in our various electronics while checking email or doing work in bed. This is something I appreciate - it drives me crazy when hotels don't have enough outlets and/or they are in strange places. The bathroom was pretty standard with modern fixtures and decor -- nothing really notable but perfectly adequate.

* free coffee, tea, and baked goods available in the lobby
* continental breakfast available for $4.99 (?); can "upgrade" to a full breakfast with pancakes, eggs, etc. for $9.99
* in the lobby: small "pantry" with snack foods and dry goods - I did not utilize this so I am unsure whether it is paid or complementary
* indoor pool/hottub
* fitness center
* Neutrogena products in the bathrooms - loved the makeup wipe! What a great idea for a hotel room.

Lobby: The lobby had really lovely, colorful decor with plentiful seating and outlets for plugging in. In the morning, half of the lobby doubles as the breakfast area. There are also tables and seating available outside.

Service: We did not have any issues during our stay and therefore had limited opportunity to interact with the front desk. However, the front desk employees seemed very friendly and we were always greeted upon entering or leaving the lobby. It's also worth mentioning that every maid or restaurant employee encountered was courteous, efficient, and friendly.

A clean, friendly, great stay at a great price - I will go out of my way to stay at any HGI, but especially this particular location, in the future. Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Bob M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Syracuse, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you Amanda W for your thorough review and such wonderful feedback! We are thrilled that we could make your stay so enjoyable. I am happy to hear that you found our guest rooms to be clean and comfortable and full of so many great amenities for your convenience. We are delighted to hear that you would choose our hotel again for future stays and we hope to see you again soon!
murrysville pa
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is our second stay with HGI for an Ironman event. Both times we were treated graciously and generously! They even opened up their breakfast buffet 2 hours earlier so our athletes could eat before the race!! VERY HOSPITABLE! Clean, accommodating and kind! Thank you HGI

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Accomodating your early breakfast needs was our pleasure and we are thrilled you found it to be helpful before your Ironman event. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Syracuse
#5 of 19 in East Syracuse
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse
Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Syracuse? Share your experiences!