Average Best Western Plus. Dinged one star just for internet, a necessity now days. Stayed in room 270.
Pluses: Clean room, our most important item. Quiet, even though room overlooked indoor pool. Excellent hot and cold breakfast buffet. Great staff. Generally good maintenance in a large property except for the items noted below. Room nicely appointed.
Negatives: #1 complaint, POOR internet bandwidth. This is a large property and they only have one internet signal. We showed an excellent connection signal strength on three different computers, HOWEVER, bandwidth was totally inadequate! Speed was worse than dial-up. Email, checking WX, news, etc. were impossible. Load a page and wait, and wait, and wait. We gave up!! Same result both evening and morning. We were forced to provide our own internet access by tethering from our cell phone.
Other Negatives - Minor: Bath vanity cracked clear through. Shower surround was fully cracked around the water control and probably is allowing water and mold into the wall behind the crack. Smaller room. A bit dark, needs better light. Refrigerator had a huge chunk of ice in the back of the refrigerator section. Hadn't been checked in a long time.
Would stay here again, IF they fixed the internet!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This comfortable, yet affordable Syracuse hotel offers abundant amenities, pet-friendly accommodations and convenient access to Syracuse University. Conveniently located near many of the area's businesses and organizations, you can make the most of your business trip at this Syracuse hotel. Enjoy just a short commute, Time Warner Cable, John Deere, Sara Lee Food Services, Bristol Myers Squibb and many more corporate offices. Visiting the area's students and faculty? Syracuse University, Le Moyne College, SUNY ESF and Columbia College are all just minutes away. The Oncenter, home to many conventions as well as the War Memorial Event Center, are also nearby. Both business travelers and leisurely vacationers will appreciate being near so many of the area's exciting attractions. Destiny USA is less than six miles from the hotel and offer world renown shopping, entertainment and gourmet food. Sports enthusiasts will enjoy being just miles from NBT Bank Stadium and the Carrier Dome, and those looking for a thrill will have convenient access to Turning Stone Casino and Syracuse Fairgrounds. Play or unwind in the indoor heated pool. Many guests also delight in the many other abundant amenities, including an exercise facility, The Roundabout Tavern on site, guest laundry, a business center, free parking and 24hour coffee available. Unwind and get a great night's sleep in the comfortable and spacious rooms at this pet-friendly Syracuse hotel. Enjoy wonderful amenities, such as flat screen TV with cable television, free WiFi Internet access, a coffeemaker, a refrigerator, room service and much more. Wake up each morning to a delicious complimentary full breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ramada East Syracuse Carrier Circle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Best Western Plus-Carrier Circle Hotel East Syracuse
- Holiday Inn East Syracuse
- East Syracuse Holiday Inn