“Older hotel providing quality service and amenities”

Ramada East Syracuse Carrier Circle
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Ottawa, Canada
“Older hotel providing quality service and amenities”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel is a good value for the money. We stayed on a Groupon rate but the regular rate of around $110 for this time of year would have also been reasonable.
Pros:
- Very friendly and accommodating staff and service people.
Furniture/TV/carpet in room and the bathroom room are updated. Note the ceiling and walls could use updating, but I'd much rather have new furniture and carpets and a clean room! All in good time for the other.
- The included breakfast is quite good! Not just a continental (muffin/donut/coffee) breakfast. Buffet includes some hot food as well.
- Free WiFi is fast enough and didn't seem to have any slow times.
- There is an elevator, which is not always available in a 2 level hotel.
Cons:
Nothing major. It's an older hotel with quite a few rooms that Best Western are working hard on updating and this will take some time, but the effort so far is evident. We'd stay here again, but the price needs to reflect that it's a bit older than some of the newer middle tier hotels in the area.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room overlooking the indoor pool. You can hear the echos of people during the day, bu...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Jennifer C, Manager at Ramada East Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your nice review for other potential guests to view. I agree that we do offer a great value with a lot of amenities and that our staff is very friendly and accommodating. I also want to thank you for noticing all of the hard work we put into our hotel and we hope you have the opportunity to come back and see our continuos efforts.

jczarniewicz@tramzhotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Port Stanley
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel doesn't deserve the PLUS designation. WE stayed there on our way home from the East coast for one night. The first room assigned to us had been flooded and it was still being dried out. My husband went to the desk and told them and we were put into another room. Some up grades had been done to the bathroom but you could see that the wall next to the bed had water damage to it; the wall under the window had a bar hanging down, holes in the wall and near the power outlet plaster,screws, dirt and dust on the floor. the night table between the beds hadn't been pulled out for a long time and there was lots of dirt and dust there that hadn't been vacuumed in a year. For the value we sure paid toooo much for this room. Would we stay there again. NO

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
On behalf of myself and the General Manager I would like to personally apologize for your experience at our hotel. The room you were assigned should never have been in service and it was an oversight that both he and I take full responsibility for. I know you said you would never stay here again but we both feel that if you were to stay with us again you would be pleasantly surprised. I would love to have the opportunity to talk with you at your convenience so we can make this right for you. My direct line is (315) 399-5231 Tuesday-Saturday after 3pm. I look forward to hearing from you.

Akron, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

front desk staff cordial and welcoming. accommodations were adequate. restaurant was good. pool was nice but lacked towels . outside appearance of hotel was good. would possibly stay again. centrally located

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and I do hope to have you stay with us in the future!

jczarniewicz@tamzhotels.com
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

My stay was a weekend shopping outing with the family. The location is very convenient and the hotel has a pool. Initially had trouble finding the entrance to the hotel but once there everything went smooth. Because the air conditioning unit was loud, I had trouble getting a good night's sleep. The remainder of the stay was average.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Plus while traveling to Syracuse for your weekend shopping trip. I appreciate you letting me know about your stay and I am truly sorry you had trouble getting a good nights sleep while you were here. We are always looking for ways to improve our property, our guest experience and overall guest satisfaction and these reviews are an extremely important part of that process. Again, thank you for your feedback. We hope you will stay with us again.

Baltimore, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We needed, and found, a clean and quiet room at the end of a long trip. The staff were professional and courteous and the room fully adequate and comfortable for three adults. The breakfast was fortifying and tasty. The entire experience was delightful and I recommend this establishment to anyone who values cleanliness, quiet, and courtesy. The establishment honors military service and offers a military discount upon proper proof of service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jennifer C, Manager at Ramada East Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for choosing Best Western Plus Carrier Circle during your visit to Syracuse. I appreciate the time you spent responding to Trip Advisor. I am glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy breakfast with us and that our staff took great care of you. Please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

The hotel was very modern clean and professional. Staff was very friendly from check in desk to housekeeping to breakfast staff. Room was very modern and clean, good TV with fast changing channels and new "clean remote" that cleans nice and easy. Breakfast simple but good, it was in the hotel restaurant so the tables were comfortable and spacious.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I really appreciate your taking the time to let us know of your recent experience. We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything exceeds their expectations and it sounds like we did just that. I hope your travels find you in the area again and we get the opportunity to welcome you back!

Syracuse, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I recently stayed here June28-30 and frequently visit Syracuse. I tried this Hotel - after being warned about it recent hmm arrest bust. I stayed due to being a Rewards Plus member. They had a promotion where if the rewards member spun the wheel - they would get the prize they landed on. I landed on the 16,000 Bonus rewards points. I asked clerk when they would be rewarded they stated after the stay was over with. I asked 2nd day to make sure. I then asked on checkout and made SURE the rewards were going to be awarded (I was weary AS this seemed very "unlikely" and they reassured me that she HAD left a not on Manager's desk to award the points to my rewards account. I understood it would take 7 to 10 days.. However, it HAS been a month and still NO points. I contacted Best Western and they were VERY UNHELPFUL and stated it was hotels doing and contact them. I tried and couldn't get through. this IS a scam this Hotel is Running and IF I WAS them - I would do as I PROMISED to Best Western Points Customers! Best Western - Sorry, You lost a valuable customer due to thjs Hotels scam... and I haven't even reviewed my stay - (YET).. I was going to skip that because of points but I WILL FILL you in later if these points are Not awarded.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Jennifer C, Manager at Ramada East Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you very much for your review. I take all of the feedback from our guests seriously and I would have liked to have had the opportunity to talk with you directly about your experience but since you have posted this on-line for everyone to read, I feel it only right to respond to you here so that these same readers also know the situation and how this was handled.
The wheel we have at our front desk is a promotion that we came up with exclusively to our hotel for rewards members as an extra incentive. All rewards members have the opportunity to spin the wheel once for the prize it lands on. There was an issue at the time and the agent informed you that you did not actually spin the wheel and asked you to spin it again. You insisted that it was on 16,000 points and that you were to get the 16,000 points. After explaining the situation to the Front Desk Supervisor it was decided to award you the next highest point value on the wheel.
Best Western Rewards called the hotel after speaking with you and spoke with the Front Desk Supervisor about the situation. He then asked if we would honor the 16000 points regardless and she agreed. Upon reading this review I called Best Western personally to make sure the points were processed to your rewards account. They informed me that the points were posted to your account and you should now be able to access them.
I also wanted to assure you that we have a safe facility and have not had any “recent arrest busts”. Our hotel can only be accessed with a room key and we have staff, myself included, who regularly check the entrances to make sure they are secure.
I do hope I have cleared this up for you and I thank you for your time.
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Syracuse
Comfort Inn Carrier Circle
Comfort Inn Carrier Circle
#20 of 31 in Syracuse
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse / Carrier Circle

Been to Ramada East Syracuse Carrier Circle? Share your experiences!