“Good for the Price”

Best Western Plus East Syracuse Inn
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My family (two adults & two small children) stayed here recently for one night. I had gotten a Hotwire rate of $49 and as we were staying to wait out weather between us and our home city, I wasn't expecting much.

First off, this isn't a bad place. The room was clean, the beds were reasonably comfy. The pillows were flat and horrible.

I get the impression that this was recently a not-so-nice hotel bought out by a larger chain and spruced up. Our room on the 4th floor smelled like it had been a smoking room for a long time, but had since been revamped. But, like I said, it was not dirty and there wasn't anything specifically wrong with the room.

The hotel was busy, I'm assuming for the Syracuse vs. Duke game that night. Even though the hotel was busy I wasn't disturbed by any noise that night, which is a little bit unusual. Sports fans celebrating a victory can be a little on the rambunctious side. I should know, I've been one many times. The hotel was quiet though...

There was a free continental breakfast with some hot food (sausages and eggs) but they didn't look too appetizing, so I bypassed them and stuck to cereal (prepackaged) and juice instead. It didn't smell too great either. This may just be my opinion.

It wasn't a terrific stay or great hotel, but I paid $50. I definitely got my money's worth for what I paid.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus East Syracuse Inn

Reviewed 31 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Not the most current decor, or furnishings, but good comfortable accomodations for a short stay. This hotels location provides speedy access to thruway and other major expressways in the city. Staff was quite pleasant and willing to assist when needed.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Clean, comfortable room and a good breakfast. No problem there at all. The problem was however, that despite my calling in 6 hours earlier to tell them I'd be arriving after midnight (to which they said, "no problem"), when I got there, my reservation had moved off the screen as a no-show, and it took a few minutes for them to re-instate the reservation. Kind of defeats the purpose of my phone call, doesn't it Be happy to stay at this nice hotel again, as long as they don't throw me off the system.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jack Z
Reviewed 16 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I wasnt expecting much for the rate that I paid but was very and pleasantly surprised by this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Syny A, General Manager at Best Western Plus East Syracuse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Syracuse
Homewood Suites by Hilton Syracuse - Carrier Circle
CrestHill Suites Syracuse
CrestHill Suites Syracuse
#5 of 19 in East Syracuse

Been to Best Western Plus East Syracuse Inn? Share your experiences!