“We are at Home here”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eastport
Seatuck Cove House Waterfront Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Eastport B&B and Inns
Gilbert, Arizona
“We are at Home here”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Much more than a beautiful property on a beautiful setting. We have been here before and hope to return at least once a year.
Clean,Homey, and above all as comfortable as it can be. The Manager, Colleen is a sweet heart. She has become a friend. She will bend over backwards to see that you are comfortable.
We have travelled to over 60 countries, and most of the U.S. and this is the ONLY establishment with enough class to offer "Truvia" with your tea or coffee. A small thing ? Maybe. BUT, indicative of the type of establishment you are at.

1 Thank Lenjoyce1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Seatuck Cove House Memorable Moments:

The Seatuck Cove House is in an extraordinarily active area at the far western edge of the Hamptons during the Pre-Labor Day week:
There was a Helicopter flyover on Tues. with a flight path toward Westhampton, 6 Sky Divers Wed. on a drop jump to the west of town and Boaters on the Bay, throughout the week, out of the private Sea Salvage Marina, jetting toward the Westhampton Dunes Barrier Island. During the course of the mid-week stay, you could view some individuals net fishing near the inlet island, 2 kayakers skimming around the west side of the Bay, in addition to, watching a 2 person watercraft where the second person slipped off into the middle of the Bay.

In a quieter moment, my wife and I, fortunately sighted a Black Tailed Deer with a yearling in the Meadow, from our Marina Room Balcony.

The Seatuck Breakfast at 9 am was delicious, we especially loved the Waffles, Pancakes, Cranberry Scones, Corn Muffins and Yogurt with fresh berries.

During our 3 night stay we sampled Eastport's restaurants:
Trumpets by the Bay was next door with a Seafood and Italian Menu, Citarelli's Market is in town for Specialty Take-Out, with Lin's Chinese Kitchen and Luigi's Pizza available for Delivery.

The shopkeepers in the Antique Town of Eastport were friendly and suggested Main St. in Westhampton Beach for Tourist Shopping and beachy activities.

We would like to see for next year:

Logo Beach Towels and Beach Umbrella by the Pool

Honor Mini Bar on the terrace with Sign in/out clipboard including sodas, juices, bottled waters and snacks

Afternoon Soup Service Dining (1 vegetable soup and 1 chowder) with assorted cheese and crackers

1 Thank RAM266
NYC area
Reviewed 13 August 2013

The Seatuck is a beautiful B and B, with gorgeously decorated rooms, common areas, views, pool, all that you want for a relaxing weekend. However, it is not conveniently located to the actual "Hamptons" being a good 20 min to Southhampton and 45 to Sag Harbor. It's about 20 min with no traffic to the lovely Westhampton beaches. We knew this going in.

The owners were away when we were there, so although the women working were very nice and accommodating, this did not have the traditional feel of a B and B - no owners to welcome you, tell you about the features and what was offered. It felt a little sterile compared to other b and bs we stayed in. Our breakfast table was directly in the kitchen so we ate with all the cooking going on, including cooking smells. And it was indoors, not on the lovely deck overlooking the water. A bit disappointing.

3 Thank sbfmom
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I would hate to share this gem, but I guess I will...

Went here this past weekend with a friend and it was fantastic. Colleen, the inn-keeper, was incredibly friendly - picking us up from the train station, letting us use the fridge, giving us tips on what was around, etc. She's also a great cook- breakfast was delish.

The other guests were mostly older couples - as young professionals, we definitely were out of place a bit, but we were looking for a quiet weekend away and that's what we got!

The house itself is super well-kept and lovely. Awesome grounds, nice pool, great nooks to sit and read. This was a super relaxing weekend. Coming back here next summer to get away is in the books! (2 hour train ride from Manhattan and you feel like you've escaped the crazy city and arent near the madness of the Hamptons).

Thank you for a great weekend!

Room Tip: The Marina is a small room, but for the price you cant beat it!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank T K
Collingswood, New Jersey, USA
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My husband booked a two-night stay here in July for my 30th birthday. We pulled up to the house and were blown away. Beautiful house on a large property right on the water. All of the rooms, even the smallest, were very nice and the house was in perfect condition and beautifully decorated. The house provided many relaxation areas, whether sitting in an adirondack chair near the water, sitting in a rocking chair on the deck, using the pool, or the billiard room. The innkeeper, Colleen, was extremely nice and cooked the best breakfasts. She even gave us recommendations on things to do while we were in town. We would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alexis W
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 18 July 2013

As I pulled up to this beautiful house I was literally trying to not run over baby bunnies hopping around all over the place. This is one of those things where us New Yorkers simply can't believe. My first thought was "this can't be real". The beautiful house is basically right on the water. Has a curved patio in the back where you can sit and enjoy the view of the tall grass swaying in the wind on the island across, a boat here and there rocking in the water, and, of course, the serene waters peacefully moving, lulling you into utter relaxation. It's just all so picturesque and poetic. Within five minutes of being there I forgot about all my troubles, as well as the reason I came to the Hamptons to begin with, which was Art Hamptons. Seatuck Cove House is about 35 minutes west of Bridgehampton (so closer to Manhattan) which is rather nice because it is an escape within an escape. The traffic in Bridgehampton was ridiculous which is why it was such a treat to return to a place so quiet. The house is very clean. It is not over-designed or cluttered, simply relaxing and peaceful. Mostly nautical themed. My bed was huge and very comfortable. I slept really well, and awoke to see the gorgeous sunrise right in front of me through the huge windows. I stayed at the Duck Farm room, which comes with a living room type space, a bathroom, and a balcony. The views were so beautiful. From the bedroom area the water views were partial but perfectly situated for the sunrise. Truly breathtaking. The balcony has really nice views of the cove.

About the breakfast: Not only is Colleen very sweet and fun but she BAKED berry sconces, bacon, and an omelet with spinach. I was blown away. By far the best breakfast I've had..pretty much ever. It was all topped off with a martini glass filled with fresh strawberries, raspberries, melon and pineapple. The best surprise was her own fig and berry jam. Sooo yummy. After this, completely disregarding the rule of no swimming after eating, I took a dip in the pool. Unfortunately, the weather was being a bit chilly so I couldn't lay out for too long. Nevertheless, the cloudy day made the waters silver, blending with the sky. So beautiful.

Unfortunately, I stayed at Seatuck only one night, but I plan on coming back as soon as I can. Sometimes I like to travel alone to completely unwind from the hustle and bustle of city life and this was truly a great place for that. I was flooded with a feeling of serenity and frankly, dreaded going to the art fairs. In fact I only made it to one and few events (about half of my planned itinerary) because I did not want to leave the house. I highly recommend this place. It's the highlight of my summer so far and I've already traveled to about 5 other places. You can really tell that the house is perfectly maintained, and Colleen, who runs it, truly cares about every little thing about it. In fact, I felt guilty telling my family and friends about how great my "business trip" was. I took a million photos of how pretty it was which I uploaded here. Enjoy.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Yana O
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 22 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights at the start of May. It is a beautiful house and the Innkeeper is great- place was spotless, furnished to a very high service with a mouth watering breakfast each morning. The only negative ( and really it's only a minor one!) is the location- if you are on a weekend break and looking to explore Long Island then I would bring a car!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Obskaren1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastport
The Quogue Club
The Drake Inn
The Drake Inn
#1 of 12 in Hampton Bays
Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead

Been to Seatuck Cove House Waterfront Inn? Share your experiences!