“Home cooked breakfast--country setting”

Arsenal Inn & Motel
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Simple breakfast choices done well. Good coffee and OJ. Freshly made pancakes as big as the plate. No credit cards-- bring cash.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Whenever I’m in Elizabethtown, New York, I make it a point to stop by the Arsenal and get their fabulous hot turkey sandwich and fries (gravy on the fries, of course) with cranberry sauce ($6.95). They roast a fresh bird almost daily. This is a 50-seat family operation run by host Steve Pierce, which serves tasty homemade breakfast and lunch fare. Outstanding waitress Faylene, who always greets you with a cheery smile, provides amazing fast service. This is a busy place during the lunch hour. Their clean and airy lunchroom often fills up fast, with locals and workers from the county court, which is just down the street. Friendly atmosphere. Low prices. Terrific value. They’re open early until 2 PM.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

This is the best breakfast value in the Adirondacks! Faylene is the hostess with the mostest! Steve is fortunate to have great family support to bring off a fine experience. Just remember
" No deduction for no toast". But have the toast live large! We had reservations but went anyway!

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Open early in the morning until 2p, this is a great place to get breakfast or lunch. Very reasonable prices and friendly staff. I eat here everytime I'm in E-Town.

Reviewed 1 October 2012

We are here on a Sunday morning, about 11 am. There were plenty of tables for us to choose from to seat ourselves, the menu was basic but had enough variety for anyone's taste. My husband had two poached eggs (in a bowl) with bacon and home fries. The egg whites were fully cooked but still soft and the yolk perfectly runny but warm - they get extra points because the eggs were drained and not swimming in water in the bowl. There was a generous portion of the home fries and the potatoes still had some firmness to them. I had poached egg on top of corned beef hash. I'm sure the hash was from a can (which I expected - but I have a weakness for this stuff) and it must have been a low sodium variety because it was not overly salty - extra points from me there too. My egg was also perfectly cooked, and the portion of hash was more than I expected.

We had coffee but no juices, and our check came to $13. This is the kind of local diner I wish I could find everywhere I traveled.