Village Motel(Ellenville)
US$125
Free cancellation until 02/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$342
All reviewsgolf coursehonor's havengrounds are beautifulchurch groupdance weekendspa areaget awayfamily reunionsenior tripthe wait staffindoor and outdoor poolswaterfalljuanretreatcatskillstardustjacuzzi
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We really enjoyed our 2-night stay. Came to see what is left of the resorts of the Catskills - Honor's Haven used to be the Fallsview resort, but you have to look very hard to see it. Building is very nicely and recently renovated with beautiful lobby; the grounds were impeccably maintained. There is a vaguely Asian theme in the decor and activities such as yoga (only on the weekends, we found). We got the B&B package, which was very affordable and included a nice breakfast (french toast, oatmeal, fruit, etc.), and went into Ellenville for lunch and dinner. We used both pools, the whirlpool, the exercise area, and took advantage of lovely hikes to the falls; my wife had a great massage, too. The only real downside was that there were very few people there our first day, making things feel a little too quiet; they didn't open things like the lounge or the coffeeshop. However a ballroom dancing convention came in the second day and the place perked up quite a bit. Ellenville is quite down at the heels and the former Nevele next door is empty as well, but there are plans afoot for a casino there, so the spot may become quite a bit more lively in the future. We will be back to see!

1  Thank Lawrence C
Managemnt, Manager at Honor's Haven Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are honored to have been afforded the opportunity to have you and your wife as our guests and happy to hear that you were pleased with the price point of your Bed & Breakfast package as well as our many amenities. We strive to provide each of our guests with an exceptional hospitality experience at an affordable price and look forward to welcoming you and your wife back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Needed to be in the area for a business meeting and thought staying here would be a nice break for one night.
The room was very nice clean & comfortable. I personally did not like the food and the way it's presented buffet style. There were many religious groups there so the dining room had many small children touching the food. I just don't like the fact that you don't have the option of eating when you want and only in their timeframe when meals are served.

The grounds are beautiful and the pool looked amazing. The inside pool was also very big. Did not have time to get a spa treatment.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view
2  Thank Travelgirl2760
Managemnt, Manager at Honor's Haven Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your kind comments with respect to our lodging rooms, pool facilities and grounds. We were however sorry to hear that your dining experience was not what you expected. It would be very helpful to us if you would message us and let us know what it was about the food you didn’t like (other than its setup), so that we can make improvements. The Hotel does offer a Café on the lower level that serves light fare for those unable to attend the Hotel’s scheduled meals. We hope you had the opportunity to sample some of their delicious options. It is our wish that this experience does not deter you from visiting us again and taking advantage of the pool and spa services.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Stayed there for weekend. Lovely room,beautiful view, very friendly staff. Complimentary shuttle to Bethel Woods was very nice.Large outdoor pool, beautiful grounds. Buffet breakfast was nice, buffet dinner a little overpriced but tasty.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Managemnt, Manager at Honor's Haven Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

We were pleased to hear that your stay with us, on the Bethel Woods Package, was a pleasant one. We enjoy being able to provide our guests with a relaxing concert experience in a beautiful setting. We appreciate your kind remarks with respect to our facilities, services, staff and grounds and look forward to the opportunity of serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

I really enjoyed the beauty and comfort of my room during my stay despite the torn window screens that prevented me from opening the windows for fresh air. I considered the abandoned hotel next door a small blur on an otherwise spectacular view of the mountains at sunrise and sunset. A great fence,flowers, trees or shrubs should be used to detract from the view of the empty spa next door.
The quantity, quality and variety of food in the dinning hall was superb. I really found some great bargains and nice selections of inexpensive gifts in the gift shop. The room was very clean, comfortable and I enjoyed peaceful nights sleep in my room on the first night and the staff was outstanding.
The only drawback was that I could not use the indoor pool, outdoor pool or jacuzzi the entire weekend because there were at least 5 different high schools staying their the same weekend and every inch of the property was totally overrun with hundreds of screaming teens. I stayed in the West wing which was quiet in my room but once i came over to the East wing where all of the facilities were located. I was swarmed by hundreds of loud teens everywhere. During our meetings the teens frequently peeked into our meeting hall looking for more places to hang out. On my last night at around 2:30 am in the morning I was awakened by several teens running and screaming at the top of their lungs in the parking lot beneath my window in the west wing. Where was the hotel security?
I think the hotel should create standards of behavior for large school groups and limit the hours at the pool and dinning rooms have to endure hordes of kids so that older adults, business groups and others may enjoy conversations, serve themselves at the buffet without having to endure the offensive crude, extremely loud and obnoxious language and behavior of the hordes of teenagers staying at the hotel for senior trips. The Dining room experience was horrendous teems screamed, yelled and cheered at the top of their lungs for random events throughout every meal everyday. They swarmed the buffet tables and pushed and shoved pushed past older guest who arrived first at the buffet serving area. They had no consideration for the other guest and at no time did I see or hear the hotel staff or school chaperones addressed the teens outrageous behavior the entire weekend I was there. The presence of way to many kids made what could have been a wonderful experience somewhat of a nightmare to me. I was limited to my room for the and my conference activities for the weekend. Some of my group went on a scenic trip to get away and the same large hordes of teen guest were on the trip as well making it intolerable for other guest.
The facility needs to work with the schools to provide more structure and activities for the teens away from other guest for periods of time throughout each day especially meal periods, pool, spa, horseback riding, tennis etc. so that all guest have access to all of the facilities and the peace, quiet and rest that one goes to a Spa Hotel for in the first place. I was terribly disappointed that I could not get a manicure or pedicure along with a spa treatment.
Both the jacuzzi and pool was beyond capacity with out of control kids the entire length of my stay. I should complained to management and sougth a complementary night just to come back and use the amenities because the schools took over every facility that I was not able to enjoy not one single activity that I should have been able to enjoy as part of my stay. I'm not sure if teens are there all year round our just in May and June for senior trips.

Room Tip: West wing rooms away from the high school groups are quiet. When booking avoid May and June when most High School groups are there for senior trips. Also ensure that there are no large groups with lots of kids there at the same time you plan to stay there. I wish I knew that in advance. I hear if you arrive on a Thursday many facilities are closed but you will have the pool, jacuzzi and dining room practically to your self.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank G H
Managemnt, Manager at Honor's Haven Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We were pleased by your positive evaluation of our food, gift shop, lodging rooms and staff. I was however, troubled to hear that the student group that was visiting during the same time frame did not display the appropriate manners expected. I can assure you that your experience was atypical. Nonetheless, I have articulated your concerns and suggestions with all pertinent departments as well as the tour operator. We hope that this experience does not discourage you from visiting with us again.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Stayed there Memorial weekend. Great, peaceful and lots to do. The weather was horrible on Saturday, yet there was plenty to do. Complimentary shuttle to Monticello was fun. Rooms are clean and the one I stayed in was nicely removated and beds were really comfy. Definitely a great place to stay if you want to get away into the mountains.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Managemnt, Manager at Honor's Haven Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

It sounds like you had a wonderful stay, despite the weather. Our goal is to create an enjoyable experience for all of our guests, even when Mother Nature throws us a curve ball. We are quite fortunate to be surrounded by so many enjoyable activities like the Monticello Casino and Raceway and hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon.