“Room smelled like an out house.”

Inn at Holiday Valley
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Ellicottville
Batavia, Illinois
“Room smelled like an out house.”
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We stayed here for one night. The rooms are large and very conveniently located. They provide a nice storage facility for ski/snowboard accessories right outside the room. The beds were comfortable enough. The problem we had was the smell of the room. Right when you walked in, it hit you like a ton of bricks! It smelled like an out house in the whole room but the bathroom. How they could rent this room with good conscious is beyond me. I was visiting Niagara Falls when my husband got the room so by the time I got to the hotel, my husband and son who were in and out skiing, had already used and had the room for 5 hours. (The room number was 113. make sure you request any room but this one.) Otherwise I would have requested a new room immediately. The smell never went away. Even our friends who were staying there said our room smelled disgusting. The staff were very average, not very helpful.

• Stayed January 2013
4 Thank jbl4445
InnManagerHV, General Manager at Inn at Holiday Valley, responded to this review, 5 January 2013
Thank you for bringing this to my attention! We will take a look to determine the source of the odor right away. We take pride in our rooms and I agree this is not the product we want to provide our guests.

I would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you regarding your stay. I can be reached at 716-699-2345

Katie DiDonato

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Oakville, Ontario Canada
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We have stayed at the Inn at Holiday Valley every year since it opened. We have always found the location, complete with ski in and ski out accommodation to be top notch. We have stayed in the 2 Queen lift view rooms facing the Sunshine chair. If you have a ground floor room, you can ski in and out but the second floor rooms have a nice view of the slopes.
The breakfast is included in your room price and lift tickets are offered to Inn guests at a reduced rate. During the Canadian March break, rooms and lift tickets are reduced further and pricing is much cheaper than skiing in Collingwood, Ontario.
The town is quaint, but food in the town eateries is pricey and we have often found service is not great. We take a double hot plate and prepared foods with us and eat in our room. Sort of like a picnic. We have had some great meals. Took a bread maker one year and while we were skiing, a came back to a fresh baked loaf of bread.
The staff are very friendly and nothing is too much to ask. There is a small bar off the lobby that makes great drinks. Hot tub and sauna are big hits with our adult kids and there is a heated pool with inside and outside access.
All in all, a really nice, location for a family vacation.

Room Tip: 2-Queens lift view and the Presidential Suite are great rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank cathy081
InnManagerHV, General Manager at Inn at Holiday Valley, responded to this review, 4 January 2013
We appreciate your continued business and your kind words. I will make sure to share your review with the staff here at the Inn. We look forward to your next vist!

Katie
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Stayed here for a conference in September, so unfortunately my snowboard was not among my luggage.

The lobby was warm and very nice. The staff were very friendly.

I shared a room with a colleague and we both agreed it was very clean and a decent size. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was clean and had all the amenities we needed.

If I ever decide to hit the slopes in Ellicottville, I will definitely go with the Inn @ Holiday Valley as my accommodations.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Stoughton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I stayed here for a wedding I was attending. The Inn was gorgeous, right by the mountain, and we had a wonderful time. There was always a nice fire going in the main lobby and we were able to play board games one night provided by the hotel. The room was a good size and the bed was comfy. The hot tub was great too! (we couldn't get the sauna working just fyi). Complimentary breakfast each morning.... absolutely recommend!

Room Tip: First floor for easy access in/out
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank bananon21
Cambridge, Canada
Reviewed 4 November 2012

this hotel was very good I was totally satisfied. Some nice features complimentary ski valet the underground parking meant no dealing with the crowded lots at the holiday valley ski hill. The hotel was at the base of Holiday Valley ski hill so very easy to ski in or ski out. Very happy the pools were heated however the environmentalist in me thinks having them outside in the winter is a little bit wasteful. Book early in winter it fills up fast i lucked out someone must have cancelled I had to check back 4 times to book

Room Tip: book very early in winter it fills up fast even on weekdays
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
san diego, ca
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Without a doubt an awesome place to stay. Modern spacious rooms with private balcony, numerous swimming and whirlpools, great view, gorgeous scenery. All ideally located at the very base of the ski hill and minutes away from town. Staff was friendly and welcoming. I would highly recommend the Inn at Holiday Valley to everyone looking for a beautiful getaway or simply need a nights lodging on route. Excellent!

Room Tip: You can request a balcony view of the ski hill into the forest
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Boyers PA
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Had a very nice relaxing summer time get away at the Inn at Holiday Valley, in NY. Golfing was good, and our room was perfect. Food at the John Harvards Brew House is fantastic. Return visit is on our list.

Room Tip: We liked first floor rooms made it easy.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tonidesteelerfan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellicottville
Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Springville
Best Western Plus University Inn
Holiday Inn Express Olean

Been to Inn at Holiday Valley? Share your experiences!