Visited the resort for a Beer and Wine Festival this past weekend. We were a group of 4 couples where one person made the reservations for all of us. The quoted rate included a 2 night stay along wth tickets for the Beer and Wine Festival. Upon checking out this morning I was charged $100 more than the other 3 couples. There was no explanation on the receipt for the $100 just a coded message in the comment field.
When questioned I was told it was for 2 additonal tickets to the festival. I told them that we did not purchase any addtional tickets. I was then told it was for a charge that one of the other couples were credited. I told them this was not true and showed the receipts for the other three couples.
I was then told that there was nothing she could do at this time because she would have to figure out how to take it off of my account and put it somewhere else.
I was not the only person who appeared to have this problem. There was another person who was told that the manager was not there on Sundays and that he would have to call her Monday. I was also given the managers card and told to contact her on Monday.
In my opinion it is unbelievable that they could not explain the charge and that it could not be credited on the spot. Also, that there would not be a manager on duty that had any authority to rectify this problem - especially on a weekend where there was a large function being held and many people were checking out on the same day. Basically, this was VERY POOR customer service. Dealing with this mis-billing caused 8 people to have to wait an additional half-hour after checking out, and to still not have a solution to the problem basically wasted everyone's time...totally unacceptable.
While the accomodations were nice, I am not sure if I would recommend the resort. Another interesting point is that I was not given my receipt automatically, I was asked if I wanted a copy. I travel a lot and I have never been asked if I would like a reciept, I received it automatically.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 50 miles south of Buffalo NY the Inn at Holiday Valley is located in the middle of Holiday Valley's Double Black Diamond Championship Golf Course, and at the base of the Sunrise Chairlift offering ski in ski out access. Complimentary Winter Shuttle Service to Base Lodges available. Walking distance to the great shops and restaurants of the village of Ellicottville! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Inn at Holiday Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Holiday Valley Hotel Ellicottville
- Hotel At Holiday Valley
- Inn Holiday Valley
- Holiday Valley Ellicottville
- At Holiday Valley Ellicottville