“Great Golf School”

Mel Sole Golf School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Spent 3 days with James Arbogast in Ellicottvile and was lucky enough to only have 1 other person in our group, so essentially it was private lessons for the 3 days. James was able to help me almost immediately with my golf swing and help hit the ball much better. On the second day he played 18 holes with us which was nice. James is a great golf instructor and doesnt try to change your swing too much but rather work with what you have and make it more fluid. The accommodations at holiday valley are quite nice as well. Golf school recommended for players of all abilities.
Visited July 2013

Reviewed 30 June 2013

The three day golf school in Ellicottville, NY is just great. It addresses all aspects of the golf game and especially the video and drills will be very helpful at home to reinforce the lessons learned. I should have gone there earlier, before acquiring all my bad habits. James Arbogast is a great Teaching Pro, who found time to play a round with us on the last day. The on-the-course golf tips were a bonus - I just wish he could control the weather is bit better.

1  Thank Guido S
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I just spent 3 days with James Arbogast at Holiday Valley in Ellicottville. I was lucky in that there was only one other student with me for the 3 days so essentially we received a private lesson. In addition, James played 18 with us on the final day. It was a fabulous experience. The lessons were in part psychological, instructional and full of pointers and reinforcement. James' laid back style made the drills fun and never boring. He is a keen observer and never missed correcting me when I went back to my old ways. He did this in an always positive manner mixed with copious amounts of anecdotes and humour.
It was a first class experience; I would recommend it to everyone of all abilities.
I would definitely return.
The accommodations and food at The Holiday Valley Resort were superior and very good value.

Reviewed 29 June 2012

Pat was amazing. After observing just a few swings he was able to dissect our swings and give us simple drills that helped us begin correcting our swings. At the end of the first day our initial videos proved his observations were dead on. On day three, the video comparison of our swings from day one to day three was simply astounding. These guys really know what they are doing. My son learned more about his swing in the first hour with Pat than he had during a series of private lessons near home. Looking forward to a return trip.

1  Thank james k
Reviewed 20 July 2010

Just took the 3 day lesson at the Holiday Valley, NY school with Pat Hofmann. I wish I had done this several years ago. Pat is a great instructor and made the 3 days very enjoyable. I highly recommend this school, I will go back next year for sure. If you can get Pat then you will be rewarded, he is extremely patient and breaks things down, so you can understand the subject.

It was hard work and my muscles still ache! Best thing I ever did, now I have to practise my drills.