“Experienced B & B'ers”
Review of Black Dog Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ellicottville
Black Dog Lodge
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Thank you Linda and Rick for such a wonderful B & B. I wished we could have stayed another night to enjoy your beautiful lodge, gardens and setting. I especially enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere of your B & B. The openness of the lodge and its gardens invites your guests to look around and relax. You make it look so easy and yet I know B & B ownership takes a great deal of hard work and dedication. Much appreciation!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BBappreciators
There are newer reviews for Black Dog Lodge

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Upon arrival I was shown all the rooms & could have my choice; I confess we would have been happy in any of them as they were all so adorable. We choose the Rebecca room with the most comfiest of beds. Linda & Rick are warm & welcoming: I felt like I was staying at my sister's. It was so cool to be able to roam about this lovely (& spotless) home & grounds including a sweet little hiking trail out back. Breakfast was extraordinary with our hosts tending to all their guests dietary needs/likes. I especially enjoyed the baked French Toast. We loved that coffee that kept on coming! Had a great week-end. The dog therapy was an added bonus! Thank you Linda & Rick

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank susie933
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We tried to get into this B&B last fall and not surprising, it was full. We were determined to get in having family who have stayed here in the past and raved about it so we came back to celebrate our anniversary. We loved this place, from the gorgeous property and gardens, to the clean and comfortable rooms, delicious breakfasts, the friendliest hosts you could ask for, to the dogs, Mac and Angus! We had a great 2 days here! Highly recommended and we can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BaliGirl30
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Honestly did not know what to expect. Arrived a couple hours later than I wanted to but we had to deliver our children to their overnight accommodations..aka.....Gramma's. First of all very deceiving from the outside looks very simple but nice. Once inside all I could think was WOW. Place is stunningly decorated with pictures, memorabilia and wonderfully insightful quotes. Our room was the Americana, the Bed was great as was the complimentary bottle of champagne. Linda had it in our room with glasses, strawberries chilled ready to go. A gift from her to us for our anniversary. That being said as great as the lodge was the owner really made it better. She was such a treasure I would have been happy just staying at the lodge drinking wine and talking with her. Really great place, can't say enough.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Keith S
Reviewed 22 March 2013

This is the best Bed & Breakfast I've ever stayed at. The rooms are good size and clean. The house is beautiful with a large fireplace in the gathering room. Barb, the cook, was so friendly and conversational and prepared a delicious breakfast. The whole place is warm and inviting and owner Linda and her dogs are truly exceptional hosts. We plan on returning in the summer to see our new friends.

Room Tip: take a downstairs room. We stayed in the Scottish room. Great views. Right off the deck. Off the...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jay J
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We wanted to have one last winter outing but didn't want to travel to the Adirondacks. We found this gem in Ellicottville. Situated on 85 wooded acres, this B&B was just what we were looking for.
Beautifully decorated, immaculate and quite, all rooms have a private bath and fireplace. We were able to snowshoe on the property as well as cross country ski on gorgeous trails at Alleghany State Park just a few miles away. Really enjoyed exploring the village which I had not been to since my own children ski raced at nearby Holimont and Holiday Valley. In one afternoon we enjoyed lunch at the Ellicotville Brewery, did a wine tasting at the local winery, visited a quilt shop and several other interesting shops. Of course the breakfasts were delicious and served in the beautiful dining room overlooking the property.
Although we were there in the winter, photos in the Gathering Room show the extensive gardens and the pond and patio
We'll be back for sure!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jan G
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Stayed 4 days at the B&B and was treated like family. Woman who owns and runs it was so sweet and kind and made us feel at home. Wonderful home cooked breakfasts and she packed our lunch for when we were at the slopes. (ski area) (Holiday Valley) comfortable room and bed! Will definitely go back!!!!

Room Tip: no pool or fitness quiet and out of the way.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jean W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellicottville
Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville
Best Western Plus University Inn
Edelweiss Lodge
Edelweiss Lodge
#6 of 8 in Ellicottville

Been to Black Dog Lodge? Share your experiences!