“Pleasant surprise”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ellicottville
Reviewed 1 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
mjsherb, Assistant General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Reviewed 31 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
mjsherb, Assistant General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I do not normally write reviews on hotels, but I feel compelled to leave a positive review of this facility and their staff. Never have I been treated at a hotel as well as I was at this Hotel. I certainly have never remembered the names of their employees. Mike the general manager runs a great operation at this facilities and his staff at the front desk went above and beyond for our requests.
We rented the conference room facilities and travel to hotels probably 40 weeks a year. Karrie at the front desk has been phenomenal. Carol and Larry, the evening staff, have also been most helpful. Helen made a great breakfast each morning for us, and if you go hungry, it is your own fault.
In short, if you are in this area, this is the hotel you want to choose.
Doug

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
mjsherb, Assistant General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Wingate on Trip Advisor. I am more than thrilled to see that the staff exceeded your expectations of the hotel. I will be sure to post your comments so the staff know what a terrific job they did. They strive for 100% guest satisfaction. We hope you will return to the Wingate upon your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Checked in around midnight by chance, spacious room, great service, and great breakfast :)
The room has a fridge, microwave, hot drink facility, desk & chair, television, sofa, two comfortable queen size beds, air conditioning, clean...

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review about the Wingate on Trip Advisor. It’s great to hear that you had a “superb breakfast”. Helen is certainly a great asset to the hotel and I am sure she will be thrilled to hear the great comment you made about her. We hope you will choose the Wingate during your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 July 2014

After driving most of the day, I was happy to fall on the beds once we got situated in our room. My 2 kids took turns bouncing on the beds (they were full of energy from riding all day and this was before they used the pool for about 30 minutes). I just didn't want to leave the next morning as I LOVED the bed and pillows--oh so comfy they were!

My daughter was funny when we first arrived in the room, she looked in the door and said the room was tiny. My husband and I laughed, and said no as it's one of the largest hotel rooms we've stayed in. I loved the fact there was actually an extra blanket in the closet for the kids, as they share a bed and one loves being covered by everything and the other by little to nothing. The only complaint I had about the extra blanket was that there was a hole in it. Not a snagged on something hole, but a cut with scissors or a knife kind of hole.

Hubby LOVED the shower and the variety of spray options from the shower head (I must admit I loved that too).

When we went down for breakfast (finally around 8:30), we were concerned there wouldn't be much food left. Much to our surprise there was lots of choices from bacon and sausages to scrambled eggs to HUGE waffles to cereals to yogurt to donuts to muffins. The waffles were being poured by the gentleman who was working the bar while the ladies helped make sure that everything else was full and the tables were clear. I was grateful we got to breakfast when we did as there was only one table left when we arrived, and other guests were scattered throughout the lobby eating breakfast.

We were on the 4th floor, and right next to the ice machine and vending machine. Thankfully we could hear none of that noise from our room throughout the night. I like the fact that there were nightlights in various points in the room, much easier than leaving the bathroom light on.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Wingate on Trip Advisor. I am so thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is also wonderful to see that your family enjoyed some of the amenities the hotel offers, such as the breakfast, which goes from 6am-10am every morning) indoor pool and hot tub. I am sorry we overlooked the blanket in your room. We have since taken it out and replaced it with a new one. We cannot wait to serve you again at the Wingate.

(716) 699 6000

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellicottville
Inn at Holiday Valley
Inn at Holiday Valley
#2 of 5 in Ellicottville
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Springville
Best Western Plus University Inn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville? Share your experiences!