“Ok Stay until Front Desk Agent made it seem like it was my fault.”
Review of Hotel Q New York

Hotel Q New York
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Elmhurst
“Ok Stay until Front Desk Agent made it seem like it was my fault.”
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We got to New York late and when I got to the room I was surprised how neat the room is. It's small but I thought everything was cleaned. All the windows were shut and not one time did I opened the windows. I turned on the air conditioning all night. Anyway, the next
morning before we checked out. My son peeped into the I've bucket. He was like mommy there's a bug in there! I looked in it and there sure was a disgusting centipede looking bug in there. So, I took a picture and decided to show the front desk clerk so he can tell housekeeping to get rid of it for the next guest. You know because the next guest may not be nice as I am. Anyway, he cut me off as I was showing him the picture and asked if I opened the windows. I was like no. He then continued to say that If opened the windows thats how the bug got in. First off, I did not open any windows and second you never make the customer feel like its their fault. NEVER. I've been in the hotel business and I know that a major no-no. I told him look I'm just showing you this picture so you can tell housekeeping to get rid of it. The bug did not bother me. He cut me off again saying yeah yeah and mumbled something. Okay, that's one of the worse customer service ever. He was rude and very brash and not friendly. He seemed unhappy when I went up to the front desk. I have no idea what his name is because they did not change out the manager on duty sign from the night before. I can you all that he's a bit heavy set and wears glasses. Look I was being nice...like I said the next guest may not be and will probably demand a free night stay.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank VoMama521

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Queens, NY
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Our overall experience at your hotel has been excellent, so far. The cleanliness, amenities, accessibility to stores and transportation have been great, but just wanted to comment on one of your staff for now.
Every time we visit your hotel, we are always greeted by your friendly front desk person, Jay. We were very impressed by his professionalism, and yet he is very personable and helpful. We asked if he was the manager, or even the owner of the hotel when we first met him, because he was very attentive to the guests' needs, and thoughtful toward the other employees, which reflects in the camaraderie among the staff. When we told him this, he said that he received an excellent training from his General Manager, Mr. Mark Patel, who, not only gave him the tools to do his job, but also taught him the value of treating the guests w/ warmth and respect. It shows that this attitude starts at the top!
We have been to several hotels in the area, but none of the front desk clerks have made the impression that Jay has made to us. Most of them are steely cold, and totally business-like, which made us want to turn around and walk out of the facility ASAP! The function of the hotel front desk is to represent the facility, and Jay does that excellently!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2012

This hotel seems pretty new. The equipment and amenities were excellent. It has a small workout room but it has the necessary equipment. Daily breakfast was delicious and abundant with a variety of foods.

Room Tip: I slept very well. The TV and other amenities were excellent. It was easy to get to. I had a very d...