“This hotel recipient really rude”

Boulevard Motor Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Elmhurst
Boulevard Motor Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Elmhurst
“This hotel recipient really rude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

I went there with my gf but when I got at the recipient ...that recipient was so bad n he was talking with phone n he didnt say anything clearly ....everything was so bad n rude ...that room was so dirty n nothing was room with out a bed

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Selimyasmin

Families
Couples
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2007

I stayed at Pan Am for 2 nights and moved to Boulevard for 1 night. I wasn't thrilled with my experience at Pan Am with the price I was paying so I figured the $30/night difference(actually, $95 includes all taxes for an overnight stay at Boulevard so the savings is significantly more) would be worth it. I was so wrong. I've stayed in many a modest motel room but all I could think of when I entered the room was, "OMG, this is the skeeziest room I've ever seen" The "long visit" and "short visit" policy posted in the manager office confused me but it soon made perfect sense.

I was tired and too afraid to go outside and look for another place so I hunkered down in this room for the night. Though the bathroom smelled of bleach, the grout in the bathtub shower was frightful. I didn't take a shower. There was a plastic sheet underneath the bed sheet which creeped me out, but I later appreciated it because a) no mystery liquids from previous stays; b) no bedbugs could live on a plastic sheet. It was rather unpleasant waking up with a sweaty leg or back from sleeping on a thin sheet on top of a plastic sheet. The bed was uncomfortable, my back ached the next day.

The furniture was quite beat up and the curious smudges on the mirrored wall opposite the bed was disturbing. My comforter had a large hole in it and after staying one night, all my clothes smelled like cigarettes. It was an incredibly depressing room.

With all these negatives said, I would have to say, the manager I dealt with was a good guy just trying to make a living. I had come by that morning asking about room availability and he promised me there'll be a room for me when I checked in later in the day. He gave me a quiet room at the end of the hall. There was 2 additional locks, including a deadbolt, to the swipe card key. Strangely, the swipecard key at Boulevard worked much, much better than the one at Pan Am.

So though the room was horrifying, the management seemed like someone I could trust. There were cameras everywhere so if something did happen, management would see it. I don't think I'd stay there again, but if I'm between a rock and a hard place and just needed one night, I might think long and hard. But for a little more, I'd go to Pan Am.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank vsoy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmhurst
Wyndham Garden Laguardia South
Hotel Q New York
Hotel Q New York
#1 of 2 in Elmhurst
Quality Inn Woodside
Quality Inn Woodside
#1 of 3 in Woodside
Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View
Home2 Suites by Hilton New York ...
#1 of 31 in Long Island City
BEST WESTERN PLUS LaGuardia Airport Hotel Queens
The Paper Factory Hotel
The Paper Factory Hotel
#9 of 31 in Long Island City

Been to Boulevard Motor Inn? Share your experiences!