“Late night”

Georgia Diner
Ranked #4 of 149 Restaurants in Elmhurst
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Victoria, Canada
“Late night”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

If I remember correctly the Georgia Diner was open 24 hrs and was only a short walk from the Pan American Hotel. I had the same waiter three or four times that I ate there. He was great. The food was good and the staff very friendly. If I go back I would surely eat there again.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank ldmarsh

Forest Hills, New York
“The more you're willing to pay, the better the experience”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I had lunch here on a Monday and the place was quite crowded. The GEORGIA DINER seems to be very popular with middle class Queens residents, including many retirees. The interior is like that of a classic, old-fashioned diner, only brighter and cleaner. There are some tables but mostly booths, and swivelling, padded chairs at the counter. You get the sound of clanking dinnerware and an aroma of coffee in the air.

The thick menu includes lots of rather expensive, complex dishes that you (or, at least, I) wouldn’t expect to find at a diner. (There seemed to be a lot of seafood on the menu.)

I went for the inexpensive Lunch Special: For $9.95, you get a choice of soup, main course, dessert and coffee, tea or soda. I chose some kind of noodle soup (I forget exactly), a “Teriyaki Chicken on a Roll”, and pound cake for dessert, along with a Diet Coke.

My chicken teriyaki sandwich was odd in that I couldn’t see what was “Teriyaki” about it. It was just grilled chicken on a bun without any sauce. It was okay but not what I expected.

The lunch special food was nothing special, but then what did I expect for $9.95?

My take on this place is that you can get very good food if you order the more expensive items on the menu. The Georgia Diner seems to be a place where you get what you pay for.

• Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
“Felt Very Rushed”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The last time I was at the Georgia Diner the waiter attempted to take my plate away even while I was still eating. He would pick up my plate and I would have to tell him that I still was not finished. This happened twice. This was probably a singular occurrence but it's one I won't forget. Their food was mediocre and very expensive

Visited January 2013
3 Thank Michelle T
Dehradun
“Fantastic Diner!”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I have been visiting this diner for years and the service and food choices offered have remained excellent. The diner menu includes soup or salad and dessert. Always pickled beets and three bean salad with bread on your table at diner time.
The food is well prepared and inexpensive with large portions.
. The service is great!
A wide selection of burgers is also available!
Last but not least there is a wide variety of desserts!
The diner is close to a variety of shopping malls for those who need some delicious food after a day of shopping.
Highly recommended.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank moondustm
“Inexpensive, delicious food, good service.”
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I have been coming heee since 2004. The service amd food were good and fresh! Had pastas, soups, stuffed mushrooms, and cappuccino. All were very good. There was no wait, except for weekend afternoon. It's worth it to give it a try.

1 Thank ChelseaKwongLee