“Just left”

Champions Sports Grille
Ranked #26 of 110 Restaurants in Elmira
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

I live not too far from here yet have not been until today. On the advice of some coworkers we went today for lunch and it was perfect. We had the fish fry and it was not greasy at all. The breading was perfect and crispy and not too thick. Our waitress was very pleasant and efficient.

4  Thank fireworksinjuly

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Great food, great service!!! The other reviews are completely wrong and inaccurate! Try it out and you will not be disappointed! GUARENTEED!

2  Thank funky230
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I placed a to-go order in and when I got home I was very disappointed. I called in the order and received it at the time I was given. As I headed in to pick up my order I overheard people outside talking about the long wait and terrible service. I walked through the restaurant the staff seemed to be in chaos, as may be expected they were full and people were waiting. I ordered a drink as I waited and I was greated immediately by the bartender. I finished my drink and headed home. When I opened my to-go that is where I felt the place has gone wrong. Now this is my second to-go order as I was highly disappointed in the fish fry but that's okay the quality of fish they use speaks for itself. My dinner tonight topped the cake. My wife's chicken cheesesteak sub was pathetic. It was served on a small roll that had I swear 1/4 of the amount of chicken it should have with processed cheese drizzled over it. I know that is the style in Philly but it had no cheese. Also, shouldn't a cheesesteak have peppers and onions? This is hilarious their were "11" crinkled soggie fries along side of the sandwich. My taco salad was a ton of lettuce with a small scoup of meat and a drizzle of processed cheese. The sour cream and salsa containers were 1/4 full. They put 6 chips along the side. thank god i had salsa in the fridge. Maybe the 1/4 thing is a common practice in a new restaurant. The only reason I complain is this cost me $25 plus a $5 tip for the bartender. I could have received a better taco salad from Taco Bell one more left up the street and the chicken cheesesteak was just aweful. I have said my peace and I hate to leave a bad review but I have had a total of 4 people complain to me about the place and I gave them two chances. I wish the owners the best of luck but they need to oversee their to go business better since that is what I heard is there main focus.

4  Thank Jim N
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Went to check out this new bar on Saturday night. It is located in a strip mall. There is a small area for dining in the front, then a bar area with tables and the bar. Everything is new and looks nice. We sat at the bar and watched the waitresses/bartenders be mean and catty to each other, which was mildly entertaining but very unprofessional. Ordered Nachos and expected what you would normally get for $9 or so nachos and planned on sharing them but instead got about 20 chips in a bowl which was half filled with lettuce and little plastic cups with sour cream and salsa, maybe if they were priced at $4 this would be more acceptable. Beers also not reasonably priced. Service not good either - strange vibe all the way around. Too bad, so sad.....

4  Thank mmosher