“2013 Easter Weekend”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Elmira
Shelton, Connecticut
“2013 Easter Weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

Good Value! Stayed two nights - very convenient off of the highway. Remember it is a two story hotel with no elevator - and that is not a problem for us. The first floor the rooms are outer entrances from the parking lot. On the second floor, the rooms are entered via an interior hallway. The staff is very friendly, efficient, and helpful. The rooms are clean. There is a fridge and a microwave (both worked fine.) The bathrooms are small - very tight between the door and the tub / toilet. Overall we are not there to stay in the room, only to sleep and shower and get out to enjoy the area. Breakfast is good - you can find yogurt, cereal, bagels, breads, muffins, a waffle maker, and at times fruit. We have stayed here several times without any issues an would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Kalpen P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Hello and Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. We are happy to hear that our hotel amenities are most convenient and to your liking. My staff will be pleased to hear that the great service they provide does not go unnoticed! We take great pride in customer service and we are glad to hear that you continuously choose our Econo Lodge while staying in the Elmira area. We hope to see you here again soon! Sincerely.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Wellsboro, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

We stayed at the hotel for six nights just to get away for awhile. We had a great time. The entire staff were very good and helpful. The Manager helped us carry some of our luggage to our room. The room was neat and clean.The TV'S were 42" with DVD players. This was important because one of us has vision problems. Housekeeping did a great job. The desk staff was always available to answer questions or just to chat with. The breakfasts were super. Comparitively, this hotel had much more than others that charge a lot more. The rates here are very affordable. Overall, we had a great time and we will be returning.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Kalpen P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Good Evening!! Thank you very much for taking time to write this wonderful comment about our hotel and the staff. I'll be sure to share your thoughts and comments with my team members.
Please let us know when you are in the area and we would to host you again.
Grantville, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

had stopped going to this hotel for awhile after I had been given a room with urine ( I think ) on the bed either way was a wet spot on the bed that I sat in . gave it another shot a few months later. I was tired so . the showers have gotten new heads so water comes out. rooms are much cleaner now(still needs work) .breakfast is good bread a bit stale but over all ok. they say they have tractor trailer parking. only room for two trucks !!!!! good luck!!!! folks park wherever very FRUSTRATING

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Kalpen P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 23 February 2013
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I am glad you have decided to give us another chance. We are working hard on improving cleanliness of our guest rooms among other things so thank you for noticing positive changes. We have just started and we will continue to make changes and improve on cleanliness and other aspect of our hotel.
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

We have stayed at this hotel 4 times in 2012, 2 nights each time. Every time we have received the same excellent service. The front desk staff is always friendly and helpful and willing to accommodate any requests. This is not a 5-star by any means, but our rooms have always been clean and comfortable. The microwave, while outdated, worked as did the fridge. The breakfast area is small, but there is enough variety, hot and cold, to satisfy most tastes, and if not, there are many restaurants nearby. As well, there is a Top's supermarket within walking distance. I usually pick up fresh fruit at Top's to complement what's on offer, and if the breakfast area is crowded, I go back to my room and eat there and watch TV in comfort. The bathrooms are small, not the tub itself, but the area between the tub and door (and toilet) is tight. But the rest of the room is a good size.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Kalpen P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
Thank you for choosing the Elmira Econo Lodge for you recent stay. We appreciate you recent the feedback as it will help us improve. It is always nice feeling when someone compliment the hard work and dedication my staff put into their work. I am very pleased to read your comments about cleanliness of our guestrooms. We look forward to having you back at the hotel for your next trip. Thank You.
Fleetwood, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2012

I am writing this review while still in the hotel. We chose this hotel because we were able to use our United Miles and it was the best price that included breakfast. After reading the reviews, was a little leary. The front desk folks have been very friendly and accomodating. The room is clean and it is all we have needed for our family of 4. We have a whirlpool room so not sure if they are all the same. There is a a mini refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker and a good bit of counter space along with a cabinet and small pantry. The room was clean when we arrived and has been cleaned well every day that we have been here. We have had no problem with bed bugs of any bugs.

There is a large, flat screened tv in this room. They lend out a dvd player and up to date movies for free.

The breakfast was a pleasant surprise. There is a variety of muffins, pastries, bagels, toast. There are two containers that hold hot food items that change daily. So far, we have had cheese omelets, sausage, bacon, french toast and hashbrowns. There is also a refrigerator with yogurts and whole milk which was with our 15 month old.

The location is convenient to everything. This is not a 5 star hotel but it is clean and has served our needs well the last couple of days. We reccomend it due to the value, cleanliness. location and good service.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ritahoffm
Teri T, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 20 January 2013
Thank you so much for taking your time to share such wonderful details about your stay with our future guests. We look forward to welcoming you back if your travels bring you to the area again and I guarantee you will be just as pleased with your stay.

Warm Regards,
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012

Was awaken at 12:30 itching my arms and back when I went to the bathroom Mirror to have a look. Come to find that my whole back and side was covered in bites and inflamed skin from me itching through the night. I am writing this review at 1:36am I have a flight that leaves at 5:45am I would love to get some sleep but that will not be possible. I did learn one thing though, always listen to the locals if they say that the place is a "dive" it is. If your looking to save a couple bucks on room fare think twice it may not be worth it.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Jaketx09
Please know your comments were heard and we investigated and inspected all rooms with our hotel. We have a routine maintenance program as well as a routine inspection process for bugs of any kind.

Our hotel team has taken great pride in the progress and growth in several areas since I joined the company as their General Manager, one of which being the cleanliness of the hotel. Please know future stays will not result in the same experience.

I would be happy to speak with you personally about your stay, you can contact me at the hotel directly.

Kalpen Patel

Travellers are raving about these Elmira hotels

Angola, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

Was unable to stay at this hotel ....bathroom was not cleaned from previous guests...tub was full of hair and towel rack was half empty and beds had been made with sheets hanging on the floor. Unfortunately only one other room available was smoking and smelled horrible. Only one worker on site for a busy sold out Saturday. Very poorly run. Drove 3 1/2 hrs home because no other hotels had any rooms available. Very disappointing. Do yourself a favor and pay a little more for the Holiday Inn!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
I'm very sorry for the experience you had at our hotel-I can ensure you future stays will not bring the same results. My attention and focus since coming to the hotel as General Manager has been cleanliness and working order of items. Feedback like yours has helped me pinpoint exactly where I had room for improvement and I thank you for taking the time to share.

I invite you back and guarantee your experience will not be the same!

Kalpen Patel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmira
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Big Flats (Elmira)
Holiday Inn Elmira Riverview
Fairfield Inn & Suites Elmira Corning
Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads
Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning
Hampton Inn Elmira/Horseheads

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!