“3 Rooms/One week. All absolutely perfect !”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Elmira
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I stayed at the Econo Lodge last week, for a week and was given the chance to stay in 3 different rooms through out my stay ( this was entirely my own fault, as I kept adding nights last minute, on the go, when they were fully booked ).
I was a bit nervous before my travel due to having read some bad reviews and was highly shocked ( in a positive way ) upon arrival, when realising that none of the previously read bad reviews were anything near the reality that greeted me upon check-in and also during the following 7 days.
This motel is clean, it is affordable and offers way more for the price than what would be expected of any other motel charging the same rate.
The rooms are clean and very nicely furnished with new and nice furniture. The towels are stocked more than well, together with everything else you might possibly need.The cleaning service is awesome.
There is breakfast ready from 5 am to 10 am in a cosy little area near the lobby, yummy cookies and popcorn every evening and also a coffee machine which is nicely filled through out the day and night for any sudden "energy needs".
The wifi worked very nicely and since I depend on having internet access daily, this was a very pleasant surprise.
There are vending machines for drinks and snacks near the lobby and also a business centre upstairs, which also was a very nice surprise.
The people at the reception were more than friendly and helpful when I tried to extend my stay in a fully booked motel and helped every way they could and were more than patient.
The only thing that got my nerves jumping was one tiny little spider in the bathroom, that I found cute and decided to name "Murphy". It is end of summer after all, and you can't blame little "Murphies" for finding their way in.
I was told however, that all rooms are looked over and sprayed regurlarly to avoid any such incidents, so I believe I can share a shower with a cute little "Murphy" for one night, in an otherwise perfectly clean motel.
The other motel guests during my stay were very quiet, polite and respectful. I found myself having nice and friendly chats with both other guests and also the people working at the reception. The overall environment was surprisingly friendly and inviting.
I stayed in 3 rooms over a week and one of them was a smoking room, which was surprisngly "fresh" upon entering. It didnt smell like someone had smoked in it at all.
The area is also great for other reasons. The motel is located in an area with a Taco Bell next door and lots of shops, including a foodstore, which is walking distance.
There are plenty of info leaflets at the reception about popular activities in the area, which was also interesting to me.
I was more than happy with my stay at the Econo Lodge and highly recommend it to anyone who is thinking of a stay. I will most definitely be back.
Thanks so much for everything !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Kalpen P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Hello and thank you for your wonderful review. We are glad that we could accommodate you as you needed to extend your stay with us. We understand that you may have been a little hesitant about staying due to some reviews that you have read. With any hotel, less than perfect experiences can lead to less than perfect reviews but we are so grateful that you decided to give Econo Lodge a chance and that you were very happy with your stay! We have tried to find just the right amenities to fit our guests needs as well as providing just the right breakfast and snack items from looking at guests reviews on multiple sites. We hope that you will let us host you again when you are in the area.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Let me start by saying this, all I wanted was a clean place to stay for a night. I did not need a 5 star hotel. When I am traveling I spend very little time in my hotel room so, a clean room is all I require.

After reading through Trip Advisor reviews and seeing pictures I expected this hotel to provide what I was looking for, a clean place to spend a night. The pictures I am seeing on here look nothing like the nightmare we walked into.

When we pulled into the parking lot we had a bad feeling about this place. The motel sits right off of a major hwy in a shopping center parking lot. From the outside it looked worn down. The staff was very friendly but that is the only thing this motel has going for it. We got the last room which was a smoking room and being non smokers we were provided with a can of disinfectant spray to neutralize the odor. We prepared ourselves to deal with that. Its the first time I got a can of odor eliminator upon check in but like I said, we just needed a place to spend the night. If lingering smoke was the worst we had to deal with, we would have just dealt with that.

We entered our room, room 117. The first thing I noticed was a huge spider web in the corner of the room. It just kept getting worse from there. At first I thought, hey we are on our way to go camping. There are spiders in the campground, not a big deal we will just put him outside. However, upon a closer look we found that his web was filled with dead bedbugs!!!! At that point we also noticed that there were bed bugs, stains and food crumbs looming under the mattresses. That was it. We grabbed our bags and ran for the door.

As we were discovering the bed bug infestation, another friend in the group took notice to the coffee maker without a coffee pot and a few small towels that looked like cleaning rags.

The young man at the counter was very polite and apologetic however, he did not look surprised when I told him about the bed bugs.

Not far up the road we found a Hilton in Horseheads.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Kalpen P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Hello and Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We apologize for your experience that you had here at the hotel. Time has a way of taking its toll on businesses appearances. We are currently working towards renovations to help modernize the appearances. Sitting off of the highway has proven to be a great convenience to travelers who are passing through the area. To place to rest any concerns made with bed bugs or bus of any kind, we do have pest control services that routinely come to help with pesky pests that may wander away from their abundant countryside habitat. Our housekeeping team also work very hard in keeping our rooms clean for our arriving guests. Our staff will be happy to hear that you were pleased with their friendly demeanor and customer service. We will continue to make improvements to our hotel and make it our primary focus to tackle any and all concerns that may arise. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

We had a coupon for a discounted rate for the Econo Lodge in Elmira, NY. When we arrived, after traveling all day, we were told they would not honor the coupon because they "were almost full." There was nothing on the coupon to indicate there would be limitations on its use.

We drove to a nearby town and stayed at a hotel that was much more friendly. But the Econo Lodge's attitude left a bitter taste and not a good impression on us. If we return to the Elmira area, Econo Lodge will definitely NOT be a consideration for our patronage!.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Kalpen P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear Daruth,

I want to apologize for your arrival experience at our hotel. I understand how frustrating it must have been for you to arrive after hours of traveling and receive the greeting you mentioned. I will be working with my front desk associates to avoid this from happening in the future to you or any of our guests.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and please know your arrival is far from the normal greeting our guests receive.

If in the area again please know your experience was an isolated experience and we welcome the opportunity to share our hospitality with you and your family.

Kalpen Patel

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Happened to see the marker for Harris Hill Soaring & the National Soaring Museum. This lodge was very close by & made an excellent stop. Food & drinks within a walk. Very comfortable bed, fridge, coffee, hairdryer, iron & great morning breakfast. The room had a whripool tub that was inoperable but i didnt ask for it and certainly wasnt charged for an upscale room. Staff was Very pleasant and helpful. Very reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Kalpen P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Hello and thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel. We are glad that our amenities suited your needs during your stay. We try to make the stays of our guests feel as close to home as possible. My staff will be happy to hear that their service has made an impression on your stay. Thank you again for your thoughtful comments. We hope that we can host you again when you are in the area.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

We are somewhat nervous when traveling because of all the bugs out there. But my sense of economy got to me and I didn't want to drop $125 - 140 for one night's sleep. This hotel is a little worn, but it was clean, convenient, easy to find and surprisingly quiet. There is no elevator so beware of second story rooms if you are handicapped. They have a hot breakfast in the morning and popcorn and cookies in the evening. We found the staff to be polite and pleasant. If they would replace the worn carpeting with a wood floor, this place would be super. Great bed, good nights sleep, no bugs, we were happy.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank F P
Kalpen P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Thank You for your recent comments about your stay at our hotel!! Your thoughts are very important to us as to how we can better serve guest in future. We are currently in the process of many changes to make the stay of our guests more comfortable. We understand that the economy has taken a toll on many of us and we are glad that our reasonable prices were both affordable to you and accommodating to your stay! We hope that in the future you will choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stayed one night at this motel a few miles north of Elmira. Because it was an Econo Lodge we did not have high expectations, but were pleasantly surprised with the motel, staff, accommodations,etc. It is a two story place and we had a quiet room on the second floor away from the Interstate. Very comfortable king size bed, microwave, fridge and coffee maker, desk and free wifi. Staff members were very pleasant and the office had free cookies and pop corn available. Breakfast was good with a number of choices--cereal, bagels, yogurt, juice, waffles and packaged cheese omlettes that were cooked and sausages.

The motel is right off I-86 and sits in a commercial area with a number of shopping malls and restaurants. You can walk a short distance to the Applebee's nearby. The motel does not have a pool or elevator, but has easy parking around the building..

If in the area we would stay at this Econo Lodge again. It is in a good central location for touring this section of New York state.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pnemiller
Kalpen P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel! We are glad that you gave our Econo Lodge a chance! We work hard to make sure that all of our accommodations meet the needs of our guests. Customer service and cleanliness are our top priorities and we are glad that they have met above and beyond your expectations. We hope that if you are in the area again, you will give us another opportunity to host you!

Reviewed 13 April 2013

First time staying at this hotel it was a good experience. The staff was very nice no matter what time it is. rooms are very clean its in a good area. they had room so I could park my truck. I would stay here longer but with my job I have to travel all over the region. They have a hot breakfast in the morning and at night they have popcorn and cookies in the lobby with free DVD rentals.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank nick r
Kalpen P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Hello and thank you very much for your wonderful review about my hotel. My staff will be glad to hear your comments about our friendliness. I am really happy that you enjoyed amenities we offer at the hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmira
Holiday Inn Elmira Riverview
#8 of 11 in Horseheads
Budget Inn
Budget Inn
#8 of 9 in Watkins Glen

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!