“Enjoyed 12-week stay for up to 10 people this summer....”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Elmira
Buffalo, New York
“Enjoyed 12-week stay for up to 10 people this summer....”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Enjoyed extended stay (12 weeks!) for up to 10 people this summer at this Econo Lodge - Highly Recommend.
Staff and Management are friendly and accommodating.
Rooms are clean and hotel is very quite!
Hotel staff hosted two barbeques for the guests during our stay - Thanks!
Looked forward to the free Hot Popcorn and freshly baked cookies at 5pm each day : )

Hotel location has a lot going for it - next to several restaurants and a mall, minutes from Corning and Elmira.

Room Tip: Rooms located more centrally will have stronger WiFi reception.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Kalpen P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review! We strive to always put our guests needs first, and are constantly searching for ways to make your stay more enjoyable. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again. I will be sure to share your review with my staff, thank you again. Happy Holidays from our family to yours.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We were really pleased with this Econo Lodge. Management and staff were very professional. Renovations and upgrades are excellent quality with more to come. They serve a much higher quality breakfast than a standard Econo Lodge requires. We would recommend this motel and would stay again ourselves.

Many conveniences nearby as well as the regional airport.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Kalpen P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Hello and Thank you for your wonderful feedback about your recent stay with us. I am glad you found the amenities offered at the hotel to your liking. My staff will be very happy to see your wonderful comments. I look forward to welcoming you back at this property in the future!!!
Ripley
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We have stayed here over the years many times. The location is perfect. The new Management is FANTASTIC along with the staff. They are in the process of re-vamping everything so there are minor cosmetic defects here and there. None of which effects the function or comfort of your stay. The price is great. We do fabrication work putting in long hours so it is very nice coming back to a clean room, COMFY bed and friendly faces. Home away from home.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are bigger if you need the space.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Kalpen P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you very much for your review of my property! My Staff will be glad to hear your comments about our friendliness. I am glad you found the rooms clean, comfortable and well within the price rage you were looking for. It would be a pleasure to have you as our guest once again.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This is a minimal "meets requirements" motel. The motel was not setup for "breakfast included" so part of the lobby has four tables with chairs but is crowded. The sun is in your eyes if you are on the wrong side of the table.

The lobby, hallways and lighting are shabby. It needs a reset.

The breakfast is the standard: powdered scrambled eggs, corned-beef hash, Belgian waffle, bread & bagels.

The room is clean, but the maintenance could have been done by a do-it-yourselfer. There is only two floors, so there is no elevator.

Good stuff: The refrigerator has a freezer compartment and the TV is a large flat-screen.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. I am glad that you found our rooms clean and that you enjoyed the extra amenities that we offer our guests. We have been updating our property over the last few months and are set to begin more renovations in upcoming months. However, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a superior experience in a future stay.
Roslyn, New York
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I am a oral surgeon. For the past few years, my job takes me to Elmira area twice a month and I have to stay over night. Econo Lodge is the hotel of my choice. this hotel is well managed, clean room, good shower, free high speed internet connection, free hot breakfast. Manager Kalpen and staff are willing to bend backward to help guest. For example, I always need to check in aroud 11 AM, if there is no clean room available, them will clean the room right away. All I need to do is wait a few moments. I highly recommend this hotel, and for me, I saw Kalpen this past Monday, and will see him again October 1.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Kalpen P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel. We always look forward to seeing you when your job brings you here! We try to accommodate our guests to the best of our ability and are happy to hear that all our amenities are to your liking. We truly are grateful to all of our returning guests for their loyalty and trust in us to make their stay as comfortable as possible. We look forward to seeing you again soon!!!
Medford, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 September 2013

stayed here 1 night on a visit to Watkins Glen...after reading reviews and most being good I decided to stay here...b4 I brought my thing into the room I did a careful inspection of room 119.
because one recent review said place was full of bed bugs and spiders ?? NOT TRU...I searched the whole room, including between mattress...no bed bugs or bugs of any kind ,,room was extremely CLEAN !! bed ,bathroom, carpet all clean !! not even a crumb....room had a nice flatscreen HD tv, also a large fridge and microwave...the person that gave this place such an "over the top" horrible review must have had another agenda. when I see such horrible reviews I look to see if the other people had similar experiences and in this case a very high majority of people did not agree and gave this place a good review...that review was so bad it looked suspicious ! Also, this motel does not sit in a shopping center parking lot ! . just look at Google maps to see for yourself...the only complaint I could agree with is that the rooms are small, but I was not there to move in or live there...I just needed a nice clean room to sleep in and this motel room was fine for that.....No problems, would def stay again...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Kalpen P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Hello and thank you for your wonderful review about our hotel. We are glad that after reading some reviews that you decided to give us a chance. It is so important to us to hear great feedback like yours because it shows that our work and dedication to making sure our guests are satisfied does not go unnoticed. We encourage any guest with hesitations to come in to see for themselves the cleanliness of the rooms. We are aware that one of the most important things in staying in a place away from home is peace of mind. We work hard in order to achieve this worry-free atmosphere and make our hotel a "home away from home". Again, thank you for your wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Norrkoping, Sweden
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I stayed at the Econo Lodge last week, for a week and was given the chance to stay in 3 different rooms through out my stay ( this was entirely my own fault, as I kept adding nights last minute, on the go, when they were fully booked ).
I was a bit nervous before my travel due to having read some bad reviews and was highly shocked ( in a positive way ) upon arrival, when realising that none of the previously read bad reviews were anything near the reality that greeted me upon check-in and also during the following 7 days.
This motel is clean, it is affordable and offers way more for the price than what would be expected of any other motel charging the same rate.
The rooms are clean and very nicely furnished with new and nice furniture. The towels are stocked more than well, together with everything else you might possibly need.The cleaning service is awesome.
There is breakfast ready from 5 am to 10 am in a cosy little area near the lobby, yummy cookies and popcorn every evening and also a coffee machine which is nicely filled through out the day and night for any sudden "energy needs".
The wifi worked very nicely and since I depend on having internet access daily, this was a very pleasant surprise.
There are vending machines for drinks and snacks near the lobby and also a business centre upstairs, which also was a very nice surprise.
The people at the reception were more than friendly and helpful when I tried to extend my stay in a fully booked motel and helped every way they could and were more than patient.
The only thing that got my nerves jumping was one tiny little spider in the bathroom, that I found cute and decided to name "Murphy". It is end of summer after all, and you can't blame little "Murphies" for finding their way in.
I was told however, that all rooms are looked over and sprayed regurlarly to avoid any such incidents, so I believe I can share a shower with a cute little "Murphy" for one night, in an otherwise perfectly clean motel.
The other motel guests during my stay were very quiet, polite and respectful. I found myself having nice and friendly chats with both other guests and also the people working at the reception. The overall environment was surprisingly friendly and inviting.
I stayed in 3 rooms over a week and one of them was a smoking room, which was surprisngly "fresh" upon entering. It didnt smell like someone had smoked in it at all.
The area is also great for other reasons. The motel is located in an area with a Taco Bell next door and lots of shops, including a foodstore, which is walking distance.
There are plenty of info leaflets at the reception about popular activities in the area, which was also interesting to me.
I was more than happy with my stay at the Econo Lodge and highly recommend it to anyone who is thinking of a stay. I will most definitely be back.
Thanks so much for everything !

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Kalpen P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Hello and thank you for your wonderful review. We are glad that we could accommodate you as you needed to extend your stay with us. We understand that you may have been a little hesitant about staying due to some reviews that you have read. With any hotel, less than perfect experiences can lead to less than perfect reviews but we are so grateful that you decided to give Econo Lodge a chance and that you were very happy with your stay! We have tried to find just the right amenities to fit our guests needs as well as providing just the right breakfast and snack items from looking at guests reviews on multiple sites. We hope that you will let us host you again when you are in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmira
Holiday Inn Elmira Riverview
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Big Flats (Elmira)
Rodeway Inn Marshall Manor
Rodeway Inn Marshall Manor
#8 of 11 in Horseheads
Hampton Inn Elmira/Horseheads
Holiday Inn Express Elmira Horseheads
Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!