“Never again!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Elmira
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Our destination township of Towanda, PA., had no vacancies. It was 10:00 pm. Found this on line and made the drive up to it. Got a discounted price. Should have slept in the truck! It was DIRTY, old, and smelled awful! The front desk said they had just renovated. It had a new vanity and sink and a new light in that area. Same OLD wallpaper, carpet, beds and broken tub, complete with previous users washcloths still hanging! Front desk was nice. Only good thing about the place! We got up the next morning and found a decent hotel and took showers to feel clean again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank kailieh_13
Justin H, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Hello and Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We apologize for your experience that you had here at the hotel. Time has a way of taking its toll on businesses appearances. I will be sure to address your concerns with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you for the comments for my front desk staff they will be happy to hear that they were able to help with your stay. If you would like to discuss anything further please feel free to contact me at anytime. Thank you again for your concerns, we hope to have the chance to exceed your expectations some time in the future.

Warm Regards,

Justin Hartman

EconoLodge
607.739.2000

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This place was great! The rooms I stayed in were very comfortable and clean. There was allot to do around the hotel. Food was in walking distance and you could call and have food ordered to the hotel. The hotel staff is awesome. They are really nice and won't hesitate to help you with any issues you may have. Overall my stay they're was great!

• Stayed: April 2014
Kalpen P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for your recent review. As always my staff and I look forward to hearing about your stay. We strive to provide nothing but the best in Customer service and hospitality. We are so happy that you found our establishment to be convenient and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. These reviews provide helpful feedback so that we can continue to keep our guests like you completely satisfied. We look forward to your next stay until then Happy and safe travels.

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

I chose this hotel for its proximity to Watkins Glen International, its price, and the favorable reviews on TripAdvisor. I was not disappointed.

The rooms with double beds were spacious with a writing desk, table and chairs, DVD player (DVDs available at the front desk), refrigerator, microwave and ironing board. The bathroom was tiny, though.

The room was also immaculately clean and very comfortable. I would be happy with a long stay there.

The people working the front desk were lovely; very friendly and helpful. Plus, they had free cookies and popcorn at the desk. Bonus!

The hot breakfast wasn't great but there were a lot of options for cold breakfast. Plus there are a lot of restaurants nearby if you want something else.

The hotel is near a small airport but not once did I hear a plane.

While the hotel advertises truck parking the places are limited and the later you arrive the less likely you will find a spot to park a semi or truck with trailer.

If you are sensitive to cigarette smoke, you can definitely smell it in the hallways. Our non-smoking rooms were smoke-free.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your recent review. We appreciate your feedback! My staff and I are always looking for ways to improve our guest's experience. As for the smoking we do sincerely apologize as it is hard to keep that smell from traveling and we do still have smoking rooms. However I have notified my staff to be a little more aware of smoking in the halls. We are currently discussing other options for the hot breakfast. Please feel free to let us know we are open to everything. Thank you for the sincere compliments of my staff I believe I have a great team and am very proud of what they do. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels. Have a magnificent day!!

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Enjoyed extended stay (12 weeks!) for up to 10 people this summer at this Econo Lodge - Highly Recommend.
Staff and Management are friendly and accommodating.
Rooms are clean and hotel is very quite!
Hotel staff hosted two barbeques for the guests during our stay - Thanks!
Looked forward to the free Hot Popcorn and freshly baked cookies at 5pm each day : )

Hotel location has a lot going for it - next to several restaurants and a mall, minutes from Corning and Elmira.

Room Tip: Rooms located more centrally will have stronger WiFi reception.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Kalpen P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review! We strive to always put our guests needs first, and are constantly searching for ways to make your stay more enjoyable. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again. I will be sure to share your review with my staff, thank you again. Happy Holidays from our family to yours.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We were really pleased with this Econo Lodge. Management and staff were very professional. Renovations and upgrades are excellent quality with more to come. They serve a much higher quality breakfast than a standard Econo Lodge requires. We would recommend this motel and would stay again ourselves.

Many conveniences nearby as well as the regional airport.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Kalpen P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Hello and Thank you for your wonderful feedback about your recent stay with us. I am glad you found the amenities offered at the hotel to your liking. My staff will be very happy to see your wonderful comments. I look forward to welcoming you back at this property in the future!!!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We have stayed here over the years many times. The location is perfect. The new Management is FANTASTIC along with the staff. They are in the process of re-vamping everything so there are minor cosmetic defects here and there. None of which effects the function or comfort of your stay. The price is great. We do fabrication work putting in long hours so it is very nice coming back to a clean room, COMFY bed and friendly faces. Home away from home.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are bigger if you need the space.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Kalpen P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you very much for your review of my property! My Staff will be glad to hear your comments about our friendliness. I am glad you found the rooms clean, comfortable and well within the price rage you were looking for. It would be a pleasure to have you as our guest once again.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

This is a minimal "meets requirements" motel. The motel was not setup for "breakfast included" so part of the lobby has four tables with chairs but is crowded. The sun is in your eyes if you are on the wrong side of the table.

The lobby, hallways and lighting are shabby. It needs a reset.

The breakfast is the standard: powdered scrambled eggs, corned-beef hash, Belgian waffle, bread & bagels.

The room is clean, but the maintenance could have been done by a do-it-yourselfer. There is only two floors, so there is no elevator.

Good stuff: The refrigerator has a freezer compartment and the TV is a large flat-screen.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. I am glad that you found our rooms clean and that you enjoyed the extra amenities that we offer our guests. We have been updating our property over the last few months and are set to begin more renovations in upcoming months. However, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a superior experience in a future stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmira
Holiday Inn Elmira Riverview
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Big Flats (Elmira)
Holiday Inn Express Elmira Horseheads
Rodeway Inn Marshall Manor
Rodeway Inn Marshall Manor
#8 of 11 in Horseheads
Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 6 in Corning

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!