“a good option in the area”

Holiday Inn Elmira Riverview
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Elmira
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I have stayed here many times since meeting my wife in 2007 since her family is all around the area. I joined some kind of Holiday Inn membership that gives us free breakfast at this hotel. The breakfast has to be the best at any of the local hotels. It was very windy and cold when we checked in and I was very surprised to figure out that the window was open, I wouldn't have expected the window to open on the 2nd floor. I have never used the indoor or outdoor pools so I can't comment on them. I could not hear other guests at all during the night. My only complaint was that they had so many events going on during our weekend that not only was it nearly impossible to park but I didn't get a friendly vibe at all from the people going to these events, some of which were involving radio stations. They definitely made me feel that I was inconveniencing them by trying to park at a hotel I was paying to stay at. I will say that the staff members we came across in the hallways were the friendliest I have encountered.

Room Tip: we were on the upper floor looking out over the outdoor pool- it was a quiet spot because it was win...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Sheila T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Elmira Riverview, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to bring these points to our attention. We take all feedback seriously and appreciate all feedback we receive. Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member. Please note that we do have rates that include breakfast!!! We hope you will stay with us again when you are in Elmira.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Elmira Riverview

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed overnight for a weekend road trip with the wife. The motel was easy to find, and a very short drive into the downtown area. Area was a bit sketchy looking, so I'm not sure if walking into/through town would have been advisable, but it was too cold for that anyway.

Upsides:

The staff were very friendly. Our first-floor room, while not huge, was clean and very comfortable. Our view of the river was obstructed by a hill, but at least we were immediately across from the indoor pool.

Downsides:

The heater was very noisy, and woke each of us, more than once, during the night. Ultimately I had to turn it off. By morning it was quite chilly.

The pool itself is nice, but don't walk around it barefoot! The painted concrete around it is full of very coarse grit. If that was supposed to make it less slippery, it fails miserably. I was slipping and sliding frequently, and piece of grit cut my toe in the process. Also, the pool doesn't open until 9am, so the best hours for an early swim before families/kids come in are unavailable.

Breakfast is available, just not a complimentary one. Not so much as coffee or juice in the lobby. They'll bring an English Muffin and a cup of coffee to your room, for $5 a head. Sorry, but for a $110/night room, I expect better. A room half that price will usually at least offer coffee & bagels.

Not a bad overnight stay, but I wouldn't want to stay for an extended time.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sheila T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Elmira Riverview, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you for your feedback!! We are happy that you chose to stay with us during your recent visit to Elmira and we value your comments. We appreciated you bringing these matters to our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed here Saturday night (2/22/14) to Sunday (2/23/14). Upon arriving I was slightly concerned because there were a lot of teenagers on the second floor of the hotel being rowdy (hotel room windows were open) and I can hear / see them from the parking lot. Walking in I was greeted by an extremely nice receptionist who recommended a great delivery place for dinner. My room was on the second floor -- I was very surprised at how clean everything was! Bathroom / tub was immaculate! When making my 2nd trip down to get my bags I saw security down the hall where the kids were rowdy! I didn't hear another peep due to security presence which I was grateful for! They had a great pub attached with an awesome live band! Another perk (although my schedule did not allow me to enjoy it!) I had the voucher for breakfast but had to leave early and couldn't use it! I will definitely stay here again! The staff was more than helpful and the rooms were spotless! I definitely recommend this hotel!
(-Miss. K.)

• Stayed: February 2014
Sheila T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Elmira Riverview, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We are very happy you had a great visit. Thank you for comments regarding the staff we will make sure to share your remarks with them. We look forward to seeing you again when you return to Elmira.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

This Elmira-Riverview Holiday Inn is a great place to stay should you be in the area. I was shocked at how nice, new, and clean the entire place was. From the bar, to the public restrooms, the restaurant, hallways, and especially our room. We stayed there as a wedding guests and although we ran into some problems prior to check in/arrival, I was pleased with the way they handled a mistake of one of their employees and they did the best they could to fix the situation. The bartenders offered me very good service, but there were a few complaints of their timeliness to get drinks. I know they were probably a little busy, but they should at least greet waiting customers to acknowledge them and let them know that they'll be right with them--otherwise guest are left standing and waiting for a drink long enough to get irritated because they're being ignored. This would only help their tip in the end. One thing I was pleased with is that although I was ordering on my husbands tab all night, the bartender (the guy) would not let me close out his tab. He would only give the card back to my husband, who was on the dance floor. It shows that the bartender was well trainer and respects the safety and security of his guests.

Room Tip: You could request a room close to the lobby--otherwise you will have stairs, elevators, and long wal...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Sheila T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Elmira Riverview, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay at our hotel. We take all feedback very seriously and will review all the information and suggestions you provided. We are glad that overall you had a great stay and hope you will come back and visit us again.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Simply put, this is best hotel in Elmira, NY, so stop looking. The staff is amazing and the rooms meet Holiday Inn standards. I was offered free breakfast during my stay for my party as a Platinum IHG member. The pool is warm and has a lifeguard. Parking lot was cleared of snow and ice. The restaurant food is great! The hotel bar has a pool table and has Karaoke on Thursday nights with dancing on Friday nights; both which attract the locals. Drink prices are actually very inexpensive. There is nothing else around this hotel except for some shady apartments, but I felt very safe. This is the only place I will stay in Elmira, NY.

Room Tip: Riverside room will be quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Elmira Riverview. We take great pride in our customer service and we are very happy that you were able to enjoy that experience. We look forward to you staying with us again when your are in the Elmira area.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We have stayed at this hotel numerous times while visiting our student at Elmira College. The college is less than 5 minutes away. The hotel has always been very clean, comfortable and quiet. The rooms are fairly large with comfortable furnishings. Hotel staff is very nice and responsive to your needs. The restaurant food at the hotel is good, however on our latest stay we were informed that Holiday Inns are no longer including breakfast with your stay. Easy checkout with the bills arriving promptly under the door.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We are very pleased we are able to meet your needs and provide you with a positive experience. Please know we always have rates available that include breakfast, feel free to ask us about them!!! We look forward to seeing you again when you return to Elmira.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We give the Yaavi Pai Lodge at the Grand Canyon first place for mattress; the Elmira NY Holiday Inn second place for the mattress but first place for the pillows. AMAZING.

The front desk staff were really nice and helpful. Our room - immaculate not even a trace of dust; bathroom was spotless. The room looked brand new. We came to visit our daughter attending college in town w/e 1/19/14. Had a great time. Easy to recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Tell them if you do or do not want a pet friendly room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Sheila T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Elmira Riverview, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, we are very happy you had a great stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon when you return to Elmira.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmira
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Big Flats (Elmira)
Holiday Inn Express Elmira Horseheads
Hampton Inn Elmira/Horseheads
Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#2 of 5 in Elmira
Fairfield Inn & Suites Elmira Corning

Been to Holiday Inn Elmira Riverview? Share your experiences!