“Basic, simply hotel”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Elmira
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Basic, simply hotel”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This is your basic Holiday Inn. There seems to have been a relatively recent renovation. The room was quiet, clean and comfortable for sleeping. The air conditioner was a little loud and seemed to make the room a little damp. Breakfast was pretty mediocre, but I had a coupon for $10 off so it ended up being free. The hotel is on the expensive side for what you get.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Sheila T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Elmira Riverview, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for providing us with your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologize that we feel below your standards on some of our services and amenities. Our main objective is to provide every guest with an exceptional stay and I am sorry we were unable to do that for you and we will review your comments in an effort to improve our hotel. We hope that you will consider giving us another opportunity to host you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Tonawanda, New York
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Staying again at the Holiday Inn in Elmira, we were pleased at how dog friendly they are. There is a $25 fee (one time, covers all dogs), but it was returned to us at checkout. We had the same room, and the staff is very friendly and accomodating. Would recommend this hotel to anyone who travels with their dog. There was also a couple with a Chihauhau staying there at the same time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rodburner
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Elmira!!! We are so glad that you were able to have a comfortable stay with your pet!! We truly appreciate your kind words regarding the staff and will most certainly pass that on to them. We hope you will stay with us again soon!!
Dothan, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Passing through town for a funeral, we found the staff to be pleasant and the view of the river from our second floor room nice. Room was very comfortable. Their parking lot foes fill up when a conference is in session though.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to review our hotel. We do appreciate all guest feedback and comments. We are glad you enjoyed the view of the river. When passing through Elmira again we hope you will choose to stay with us!!!
Keyser, West Virginia
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This hotel is nice - better than the average Holiday Inn. It seems to have been updated recently, and is kept up well. The room was clean and comfortable. The beds are modern and comfortable enough, but not outstanding. The indoor pool area is roomy and has a large pool, but no hot tub. They do have an outdoor pool as well, and it might have a whirlpool near it, but it isn't in season yet. The wifi is free, but the signal was weak and speed was slow in our room, but this may depend on where the room is relative to the wireless router. For the money, it would be nice to have breakfast included - but I chose this location for the pool, knowing that breakfast was not included. I made my reservation as a member of the Holiday Inn rewards program, but apparently that didn't afford me any extra perks like it does with other chains. Overall, I would return, but I will also be on the lookout for a hotel in the area with a pool and free breakfast.

Room Tip: The hallways are long and the walk to the pool could be a long one. If you will be using the pool f...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Sheila T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Elmira Riverview, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to bring these points to our attention. We take all feedback seriously and appreciate all feedback we receive. Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member. Please note that we do have rates that include breakfast!!! We hope you will stay with us again when you are in Elmira.
Middlesex, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I have stayed here many times since meeting my wife in 2007 since her family is all around the area. I joined some kind of Holiday Inn membership that gives us free breakfast at this hotel. The breakfast has to be the best at any of the local hotels. It was very windy and cold when we checked in and I was very surprised to figure out that the window was open, I wouldn't have expected the window to open on the 2nd floor. I have never used the indoor or outdoor pools so I can't comment on them. I could not hear other guests at all during the night. My only complaint was that they had so many events going on during our weekend that not only was it nearly impossible to park but I didn't get a friendly vibe at all from the people going to these events, some of which were involving radio stations. They definitely made me feel that I was inconveniencing them by trying to park at a hotel I was paying to stay at. I will say that the staff members we came across in the hallways were the friendliest I have encountered.

Room Tip: we were on the upper floor looking out over the outdoor pool- it was a quiet spot because it was win...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Biglerville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed overnight for a weekend road trip with the wife. The motel was easy to find, and a very short drive into the downtown area. Area was a bit sketchy looking, so I'm not sure if walking into/through town would have been advisable, but it was too cold for that anyway.

Upsides:

The staff were very friendly. Our first-floor room, while not huge, was clean and very comfortable. Our view of the river was obstructed by a hill, but at least we were immediately across from the indoor pool.

Downsides:

The heater was very noisy, and woke each of us, more than once, during the night. Ultimately I had to turn it off. By morning it was quite chilly.

The pool itself is nice, but don't walk around it barefoot! The painted concrete around it is full of very coarse grit. If that was supposed to make it less slippery, it fails miserably. I was slipping and sliding frequently, and piece of grit cut my toe in the process. Also, the pool doesn't open until 9am, so the best hours for an early swim before families/kids come in are unavailable.

Breakfast is available, just not a complimentary one. Not so much as coffee or juice in the lobby. They'll bring an English Muffin and a cup of coffee to your room, for $5 a head. Sorry, but for a $110/night room, I expect better. A room half that price will usually at least offer coffee & bagels.

Not a bad overnight stay, but I wouldn't want to stay for an extended time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sheila T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Elmira Riverview, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback!! We are happy that you chose to stay with us during your recent visit to Elmira and we value your comments. We appreciated you bringing these matters to our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.
Wurtsboro, New York
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed here Saturday night (2/22/14) to Sunday (2/23/14). Upon arriving I was slightly concerned because there were a lot of teenagers on the second floor of the hotel being rowdy (hotel room windows were open) and I can hear / see them from the parking lot. Walking in I was greeted by an extremely nice receptionist who recommended a great delivery place for dinner. My room was on the second floor -- I was very surprised at how clean everything was! Bathroom / tub was immaculate! When making my 2nd trip down to get my bags I saw security down the hall where the kids were rowdy! I didn't hear another peep due to security presence which I was grateful for! They had a great pub attached with an awesome live band! Another perk (although my schedule did not allow me to enjoy it!) I had the voucher for breakfast but had to leave early and couldn't use it! I will definitely stay here again! The staff was more than helpful and the rooms were spotless! I definitely recommend this hotel!
(-Miss. K.)

• Stayed February 2014
Sheila T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Elmira Riverview, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We are very happy you had a great visit. Thank you for comments regarding the staff we will make sure to share your remarks with them. We look forward to seeing you again when you return to Elmira.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmira
Fairfield Inn & Suites Elmira Corning
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Big Flats (Elmira)
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#3 of 5 in Elmira
Holiday Inn Express Elmira Horseheads
Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning
Hampton Inn Elmira/Horseheads

Been to Holiday Inn Elmira Riverview? Share your experiences!