“If you like Veal Osso Bucco...”

Rini's Restaurant and Wine Bar
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Elmsford
Price range: US$16 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: You're sure to find something you like, with a menu that pretty much includes everything: pork chops with hot and sweet peppers, meatball parmigiana, chicken Valdostana with prosciutto and mozzarella and fresh seafood, including weekly lobster specials. It also offers private rooms for catering parties.
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This is the best veal osso bucco I've ever had. Just a fork is needed, no knife necessary. Everything else is delicious, including lobster, fresh fish and all Italian dishes. Not a fancy place. Reminds me of my younger days in the Bronx when my parents and I went to our local Italian restaurant. Brings back memories. The owners Leo and Antonette (mother and son) make you feel like family. Love this place!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I have been and this restaurant many times, the last four times were the last time.

The drinks were and are watered down, ordered two of the same martinis, the bartender didn't make enough for both glasses and proceeded to fill them with ginger ale. Maritins are basically all alchohol not soda. Yet was charged a full martini price. Should have quit ordering anything from the bar at this point, must have thought it couldn't happen twice.

The second time: I don't believe when ordering wine that the barterder hears or decides to hear what she wants. I ordered two bottles of wine, one a shiraz and one merlot. The barternder and at this point the waitress decided to look at one list above the botte of merlot, so they served a Cab to the table, a 75.00 bottle of Cab.

The food is not well adjusted for those who have food allergies, the first time I went and asked for no butter or dairy in the food, receive dried out swordfish, with a side of yellow green beans.
The second time, boiled potatoe with a boiled chicken breast. Stick to the burgers, less damaging that way.

I decided not to keep going there, I keep paying high prices for cheap drinks and bland food.

2  Thank LadyVisme
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Seriously, don't miss it- - you could drive by and miss it, or you could not eat there and REALLY miss it.

If you like tripe - don't miss it ! If you appreciate an old style Italian restaurant - - don't miss it ! If you appreciate good quality at a good price - - don't miss it ! and If you like good friendly service - - don't miss it !

Oh, and by the way did I say - - Don't miss it !

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Came in very hungry and would have probably have turned around if I had not been this hungry. A little too classic Italian place where I have tried places where the food was below average. But as we were very hungry we stayed. The bruchetta that followed was surprisingly good. Good ingredietns and tasted as it should. Had the veal parmigianna and it was very good in the classic italian / american style. My friend had the sword fish and was very satiesfied. Rini's call itself a wine bar, but with only max. 10 wines to choose from, that is probably an overstatement. But a good value for money place to eat with a funny atmosphere.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I was visiting the area and Rini's Restaurant was recommended to us for authentic and fresh Italian dinner. I give it "two thumbs" up. We ordered brushetta as an appetizer. It was fabulous and not a crumb left on our plates. My husband and I enjoyed our dinners, which were a Zappe Di Pesce over Linguini, 1/2 pound lobster, clams, mussels, shirmps, calamari, and scallops and a broiled lamb dinner special served over a bed of rice with mixed vegetables.

The restaurant provided friendly, family-style service. Dinner entrees are large portions, so if you plan on dessert you may want to skip the appetizer. The restaurant's ambiance was nice for a quiet dinner for two. A nice bonus I wasn't expecting was the entertainment during dinner. It's a mix of Sinatra-style singing with light, family-friendly comedy.

They provide private rooms for larger parties and special events. If I was in the area I would definitely go back.