“In great need of a facelift, but food is very good”
Review of Alaroma Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I was very afraid walking into this long in the tooth restaurant in the village of Elmsford. There was a musty odor to greet us at the front door and valances on the windows that looked like they were hung 20 years ago and haven't been moved since. All that said, the food was really delicious. My lentil soup (of the day) was scrumptious - thick and hearty. I could have easily eaten another bowlful and call it a day. But my main course farfale pasta with shrimp and spinach served scampi style was waiting for me. The sauce was light and loaded with chopped tomatoes and spinach with just enough garlic and white wine to made it impossible not to sop up every last drop with the crusty Italian bread. My dinner companions were all pleased with their meals too. The desserts were pedestrian, but a well prepared cappuccino was a fine end to this enjoyable meal. Despite the decor, I think we will be back. But I do hope a renovation is planned very soon.

There are newer reviews for Alaroma Restaurant

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Not much more to be said. If you ever end up there, the food is good enough. The staff was very good.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

Alaroma is a neighborhood restaurant that serves delicious Italian food. It offers several specialties of the house which are really good including two chicken dishes: scarpariello, pisano. You cannot go wrong with either of these choices. Of course, the restaurant also serves many of the traditional dishes one would find on a typical Italian menu as well.

2  Thank Jeris505
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Want to feel like you are being treated by family to a great meal? Give this restaurant a try.......you'll be back often!

2  Thank Bill T
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Friendly atmosphere, attentive waiter staff and huge menu. We had salmon with shrimp in brown sauce, delicious. Calamari could have been a little more crispy but was still good. Two at the table had fresh spinach pasta with chicken & sausage. They both cleaned their plates. Other dish was chicken marsala that was excellent. Wine was lovely and dessert was pound cake with whip cream. Hard to find decent and reasonable restaurants with great food and Alaroma certainly warrants a visit. Last time we were there we had 8 people and we all loved the food. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank LJP326